This is why Gun Control is Contentious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
    Yeah but it's like 70-30 across voters, with respect to these specific kinds of controls (i.e. safety checks on purchases).

Remember there is a m a s s i v e difference in gun violence between CA and your state. So the voters feel differently on the issue.

Way too many guns, way too many idiots, so naturally, civil minded voters want less risk. New Jersey suffers a similar fate, but thankfully guns are still available to the "common folk" here. Lots of guns.
    You would argue with a fence post.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
      As I read your ramblings on California gun laws I'll just remind you that California is the state that banned nunchucks because Brue Lee looked scary in Enter the Dragon. I personally wouldn't trust people that fucking stupid to be responsible when making gun control laws.
      Oh its fucking ridiculous here, no one is arguing that (well maybe Rabbit is) but its also not the UK, and its not they are taking away all our guns.
      Context my friend Context from a VERY pro gun Democrat that lives in the liberal strong hold of the US.
      I am just combating the hyperbole is all.
      Trust me I know how fucking stupid the laws are I live with them so I am not just opining about them from a far.
      I don't feel like the very core of my freedom is at stake, because I have watched the cycle over and over and over again.
      I do not like being treated as a child being told what guns I can and cannot buy, but the truth is we can still buy guns, and guns that are effective for self defense purposes from castle defense to everyday carry.
      That is the key thing for people to really understand, that is the BIG difference between CA and say the UK or Canada or Japan or any other dumb place people want to compare CA to.

I can still very easily buy an effective gun.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Yeah but it's like 70-30 across voters, with respect to these specific kinds of controls (i.e. safety checks on purchases).

Remember there is a m a s s i v e difference in gun violence between CA and your state. So the voters feel differently on the issue.

Way too many guns, way too many idiots, so naturally, civil minded voters want less risk. New Jersey suffers a similar fate, but thankfully guns are still available to the "common folk" here. Lots of guns.
        CA was way more gun violence than Oregon does while having vastly stricter gun laws. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          CA was way more gun violence than Oregon does while having vastly stricter gun laws. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
          CA also has a much bigger Urban population than OR does.
          However gun violence numbers as a static are silly to try and compare like for like when it comes to gun control.
          LA(state not city) has no gun control and serious problems
          VT(state not city) has no gun control and little in the way of problems

Interesting when you compare San Diego (a boarder town) to Portland for Crime.
          https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-c...diego_ca/crime
          A little more violent in San Diego but what the fuck is up with all the property crime in Portland?
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            However gun violence numbers as a static are silly to try and compare like for like when it comes to gun control.

A little more violent in San Diego but what the fuck is up with all the property crime in Portland?
            Other cities deliberately buy their homeless population bus tickets here. Also the mayor is gutless.

Comment

Other cities deliberately buy their homeless population bus tickets here. Also the mayor is gutless.
              Oh yeah that would certainly do it, living in an urban setting I do now, its becomes harder and harder to feel sympathy for the street people.
              You literally can just watch them have 0 fucks given for the rules of society.

Comment

Oh yeah that would certainly do it, living in an urban setting I do now, its becomes harder and harder to feel sympathy for the street people.
                We have some feral humans living under the bridge and along the hiking trail across the street. They leave my house alone because they can see the massive number of security cameras.

Comment

Not according to the Supreme Court.

The more you bluff with bullshit like that mike drop, the more obvious it becomes that you're lying.

Make an actual argument or shut up.

Stop lying.

Comment

Rich people can have pretty much everything they want anywhere because they can afford to just straight up get a fucking SOT. Remember that Diane Feinstein carries a gun. The point of most gun control isn't to take away everyone's guns. Just the commoners guns. That is how it has always worked.
                    She still does ? I thought she got one after that gay politician got assassinated in San Fran., decades ago ?

What's her face, Kamala Harris, carried one too. Of course, as DA, it was easy as fuck for her to get a concealed carry permit...
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Hodr View Post
                      I would actually be all for gun control if it would actually work.
                      After all,"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."

If the confiscations could go through... Shortly after that I could form a band of Warlords I could put the city under our thumb!!! I would soon be the Imperial Chancellor of Tampa!
                      You slogan would be "Tampa, all your Titty Bars are Mine!".

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Drug addicts and/or homeless people...

Most of the property crime around here is related to drugs, as in stealing shit to sell for money to buy drugs. And this is a rural, mostly crime free, certainly gun-crime-free, area.

Comment

Yeah, that's for sure...

Comment

They're all basically batshit crazy. They all likely have major drug and alcohol problems as well. They're big fans of the spice I hear
                            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

I was in Spokane, WA last week. We watch the evening news, and holy dog, they have a LOT of homeless people.

We saw it first hand having breakfast at Molly's, before heading to the MD office.

Saw everything from clean, healthy looking people with backpacks/duffles, to the classic dirty, unkempt, hobo-types (who was smoking a joint with his buddies, LOL).

A few months ago, we were at a big AAU basketball tournament in Spokane. Went downtown to go to a Ramen shop after the final game. Drove by the bus depot...it was essentially a hotel for homeless folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodr View Post
                                They're all basically batshit crazy. They all likely have major drug and alcohol problems as well. They're big fans of the spice I hear
                                Well, not too shabby if you hit the mute button...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X