No announcement yet.

Australia and New Zealand - End Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again with the fires, 3 towns where it is too late to leave. Total fire ban today in Sydney and surrounds.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
      Here we go again with the fires, 3 towns where it is too late to leave.
      I am really sorry to hear it.

I hope the fires die down and are controlled, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
        Ming is coming.

No, he was towards the end. I think it was locusts or frogs or something, next.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

3 American citizens just died in an air tanker crash as they were helping rescue efforts today. Too sad :(
          "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Interesting angle of a fire front:

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/c...m_medium=web2x
            2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
            #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
              It's so dry there, that's why it engulfs the area so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                It's so dry there, that's why it engulfs the area so fast.
                It's dry everywhere, it's Australia! Being a coastal region (Shoalhaven) this is one of the greener areas atm.

Comment

It's dry everywhere, it's Australia! Being a coastal region (Shoalhaven) this is one of the greener areas atm.
                  Not for much longer, mate. The green relies on water, and you have next to none left.

Here's what's going to happen. Australia is going to become like Ceti-Alpha V. The Botany Bay Project is going to have to find a new home.

Comment

A state of Emergency has been declared in our Nation's Capital (Canberra) with Leave Now advice being issued.

The Chief Minister had stated that these are the worst fire conditions since the 2003 fires.

I was living in Canberra for the 2003 fires. I was one of the few people to stay and defend in our complex at the time - mainly because I was too hungover (or still too drunk?) to drive by the time it was "too late to leave". Fortunately the firefront was contained within 1 mile (~1.5kms) of my then residence.

Comment

We have just had flood warnings.
                      Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Flood warnings in my state. Been raining since Thursday, today particularly heavy with 150mm to fall where I live. Seen some idiots with their cars stuck in roads that are mini creeks :D

Comment

And Cyclone Damien in Western Australia...the naming could have been less ominous.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X