X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...5d816d1bdaed55

We are in Hell.

I mean, I'm in an airconditioned office, so I'm okay, but everyone (not in aircon) and everything else is cooking.
    Fake news. It's a libtard conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
      Fake news. It's a libtard conspiracy.
      I know you're being facetious, but I don't get why?
      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
      Originally posted by Devil
      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...5d816d1bdaed55

We are in Hell.

I mean, I'm in an airconditioned office, so I'm okay, but everyone (not in aircon) and everything else is cooking.
        Yep, it's good to be a desk jockey!

On Monday as I was leaving for work (7:30am) it was already 30C (86F) @ 70% humidity. Peaked at 39C (102F).

And it seems that the sunny coast is on fire again:

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...0e1d7248e44905
        2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
        #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

I know you're being facetious, but I don't get why?
          I'm making fun of the people that insist that nothing abnormal is happening as the consequences of global warming are becoming glarringly obvious and seriously fucking things up.

Comment

I'm making fun of the people that insist that nothing abnormal is happening as the consequences of global warming are becoming glarringly obvious and seriously fucking things up.
            they are almost as dumb as pointing to CO2 as the sole cause and claiming more tax will solve it.
            King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by MarysAngryDad View Post
              they are almost as dumb as pointing to CO2 as the sole cause and claiming more tax will solve it.
              1. Methane is part of it too.

2. I'm not advocating for taxes I'm advocating for the people in charge of Exxon-Mobil, Shell, BP, and their ilk to stand trial in front of the ICC for crimes against humanity. Because they knew what was going to happen damn near 50 years ago and deliberately obfuscated the truth.

Comment

Tell it to Beijing, if they haven't suffocated that is.

Comment

Neither Sub, nor BKR, nor myself deny temperature swings.

We may point out scientific specifics, and object when unscientific or pseudo-scientific generalizations are made as research or the most popular working hypothesis is being discussed, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                    I ensure I do a conscious physical check of my car back seat to know that I haven’t left my son in the car. The number of kids who have died after being left in hot cars this month already is horrific. I’m not a junkie but I can see how easily a kid can go hide in a car, or a parent leaves them for a few minutes to duck out to the shop etc.
                    Newer (2018+) vehicles are coming loaded with audiovisual rear child seat warnings. We haven't had a car seat back there for years now, but every time we turn the engine off we get a ping..

Nobody believes they would ever be that distracted or clueless, but it can happen to anybody really.
                    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Technically the biggest cause of greenhouse effect is water vapor, with CO2 a close second and correlating because the 45% increase in atmospheric CO2 concentration caused by human pollution since the Industrial Age is also causing an increase in water vapor in the global climate.

Oceania gets it bad (the worst according to climate science) because of the trifecta of equatorial exposure to the sun, the volumes of ocean water, diversity of terrain etc. "The Liquid Continent" will be the most severely affected place on Earth from AGW, bar none.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smith...nia-180954775/
                      '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Comment

Also, it's not summer until the bitumen roads start melting:

Roads Melting in Exctreme Heat

For reference:
                          40C = 104F
                          49C = 120F

Comment

"I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

My gran is in New Zealand and she said it’s cold with no smoke .

Perhaps the kiwis will takeover and rebuild the barren wasteland that is left of Australia.

Considering all the deadly shit you have out there I was not expecting the trees to be what wiped you out .
                              King without a crown

Comment

Man! When they decided to punish all those convicts that they sent down to Australia, do you think they realized that you people would still be down there living in that crazy place? I mean this is punishing generations of people, at this point.

Every documentary I've watched about Australia (except Endless Summer 1 and 2) has been about how deadly and uninhabitable the place is. But here yall are, just living there. Streets boiling, magpies bombing you from the skies, snakes injecting you with venom, deadly sea creatures, and now even the air is trying to kill you. But there yall are, just living.

Crazy.
                                Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X