Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia and New Zealand - End Times?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Australia and New Zealand - End Times?

    Aight, I was going to put this in the Climate Change thread, but it deserves its own space.

    Check this shit out:


    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...evels/11782892


    The media is putting qualifiers on nearly everything they are saying about this fucking catastrophe, "returns to worst ever levels", "Sydney air 'dips' to hazardous levels".

    Every single day for about a month I walk out to see Brisbane city under a blanket of smoke. Nothing as bad as Sydney today, but still bad.

    But how fucking infuriating it is to see "returns" and "dips", like they're regular occurrences. I lived in Sydney most of my 37 years and never saw anything remotely like this. Ever. And "dips"? Fucking DIPS? Cunts, the air quality in Sydney is 11 times hazardous. My friends and family are fucking choking.

    Want to know what the federal government is doing?

    They jumped into action and have cut more funding and denied emergency funding for firefighters. Next they went and had a sit down with the Murdochs. Couple of prayer groups were organised.

    Thank fuck, it's exactly what we needed.

    Definitely didn't need that foreign aid we always give to the world when it comes to fighting fires. Fuck that, no use putting foreign firies in the thick of it, forget calling in those favours when the Cali fires were on, fuck that, the place is going to burn anyway, just hope the prayers reach the true believers in time.

    And fuck providing funding for the firefighters, so that when they go to fill up the fire engines they have to fork out from their own fucking wallets to fill up the tanks with fuel.

    Also, just want to take a moment to thank the courageous NSW Police who were found to be issuing citations for "uncovered loads" on the vehicles of people fleeing the fires, and issuing tickets to volunteer firefighters travelling with literal tanks of water for the effort. Thanks, boys in blue, you're a true service to your country.

    And across the pond in New Zealand, a volcano has just erupted and a magnitude 5.3 earthquake has just hit.

    Legit feels like the end of days.

    Maybe the Prime Minister is on to something with this prayer malarkey.
    Last edited by battlefields; 12/09/2019 8:42pm, .
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

    #2
    Originally posted by battlefields View Post
    Aight, I was going to put this in the Climate Change thread, but it deserves its own space.

    Check this shit out:


    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...evels/11782892


    The media is putting qualifiers on nearly everything they are saying about this fucking catastrophe, "returns to worst ever levels", "Sydney air 'dips' to hazardous levels".

    Every single day for about a month I walk out to see Brisbane city under a blanket of smoke. Nothing as bad as Sydney today, but still bad.

    But how fucking infuriating it is to see "returns" and "dips", like they're regular occurrences. I lived in Sydney most of my 37 years and never saw anything remotely like this. Ever. And "dips"? Fucking DIPS? Cunts, the air quality in Sydney is 11 times hazardous. My friends and family are fucking choking.

    Want to know what the federal government is doing?

    They jumped into action and have cut more funding and denied emergency funding for firefighters. Next they went and had a sit down with the Murdochs. Couple of prayer groups were organised.

    Thank fuck, it's exactly what we needed.

    Definitely didn't need that foreign aid we always give to the world when it comes to fighting fires. Fuck that, no use putting foreign firies in the thick of it, forget calling in those favours when the Cali fires were on, fuck that, the place is going to burn anyway, just hope the prayers reach the true believers in time.

    And fuck providing funding for the firefighters, so that when they go to fill up the fire engines they have to fork out from their own fucking wallets to fill up the tanks with fuel.

    Also, just want to take a moment to thank the courageous NSW Police who were found to be issuing citations for "uncovered loads" on the vehicles of people fleeing the fires, and issuing tickets to volunteer firefighters travelling with [/I]literal tanks of water for the effort[/I]. Thanks, boys in blue, you're a true service to your country.

    And across the pond in New Zealand, a volcano has just erupted and a magnitude 5.3 earthquake has just hit.

    Legit feels like the end of days.

    Maybe the Prime Minister is on to something with this prayer malarkey.
    Hang tight, and stay frosty. This one's for you.

    Dreadful Thunder
    The storms moving in
    And Judgment day is calling

    My soul has been healed
    By the power of steel
    And the sound of glory

    I will send into the ground
    All that are found
    By the sign of the hammer falling

    Yes Heathens will fall
    I will strike down them all
    Then you will know my calling
    '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

    My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

    Comment


      #3
      Wait I thought agw was liberal propaganda to force us all to adopt queer veganism.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
        Wait I thought agw was liberal propaganda to force us all to adopt queer veganism.
        Again, air quality in a municipality that can cause cancer, birth defects, respiratory problems, visibility problems, auto-immune spikes etc is an environmental situation that is measurable.

        Those problems that I list above will exist unless addressed regardless of whether man made global warming is occurring or not.

        The problems of municipal air quality that I list above require immediate, local solutions.

        Carbon offset tax credits in a different part of Australia, or a different country, will not address those local issues, which can cause a spike in cancer rates from chemicals that may be getting dumped into the local air around that city.

        If I was a city or municipality with air quality problems, I would direct every environmental dollar from my city away from "global warming" or "climate change research", and plow it into improving the air quality, water quality, and soil quality around my city or municipality.

        It's a subtle difference, but with profound result differences for areas with real and measured environmental problems.

        For environmentalism to actually work, it requires you to act locally, and think globally, not plow money into global climate studies and hope that if the U.S. and Europe cut their emissions aggregately,

        or that a different locale's particular environmental issues will be addressed by unrelated efforts in far off places.
        Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 12/13/2019 6:02am, .

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Krampus View Post
          Again, air quality in a municipality that can cause cancer, birth defects, respiratory problems, visibility problems, auto-immune spikes etc is an environmental situation that is measurable.

          Those problems that I list above will exist unless addressed regardless of whether man made global warming is occurring or not.

          The problems of municipal air quality that I list above require immediate, local solutions.

          Carbon offset tax credits in a different part of Australia, or a different country, will not address those local issues, which can cause a spike in cancer rates from chemicals that may be getting dumped into the local air around that city.

          If I was a city or municipality with air quality problems, I would direct every environmental dollar from my city away from "global warming" or "climate change research", and plow it into improving the air quality, water quality, and soil quality around my city or municipality.

          It's a subtle difference, but with profound result differences for areas with real and measured environmental problems.

          For environmentalism to actually work, it requires you to act locally, and think globally, not plow money into global climate studies and hope that if the U.S. and Europe cut their emissions aggregately,

          or that a different locale's particular environmental issues will be addressed by unrelated efforts in far off places.
          To really fix this we need to grab the megacorps by the balls and force them to fucking behave.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
            To really fix this we need to grab the megacorps by the balls and force them to fucking behave.
            No silly.

            The municipalities need to identify the stakeholders in their locale causing the local pollution, chemical dumping etc.

            Some of those may be commuters.

            Some of those may be local companies, or even local non-profit cooperatives.

            The municipality itself may be running operations that cause the chemical throw offs.

            They may need to consider carpool lanes, and public transportation, etc.

            This may include "megacorps" but just as often does not, or the megacorps are only a percentage of the problem causing stakeholders.

            These gross simplifications of "megacorps", "climate change", etc, do not solve local environmental disasters that often need very detailed local environmental engineering solutions, and not platitudes, or unrelated research or unrelated initiatives.

            Comment


              #7
              Plankton form the basis of the food chain for the planet. They also produce the majority of the world’s oxygen. If we kill off enough of them to seriously affect what they do, whether it be from global warming, or poisoning their habitat, I’m not sure it will matter which pollutant was the guilty party. If it happens, it’ll probably be a combination of factors.

              My money is on a worldwide plague anyway. The planet will heal itself of the human virus by producing a virus of its own. That or something we cooked up will escape into the general populace.

              Hail Eris!
              Shut the hell up and train.

              Comment


                #8
                This is an example of a reasonable statement.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jnp View Post
                  The planet will heal itself of the human virus by producing a virus of its own. That or something we cooked up will escape into the general populace.

                  Hail Eris!
                  This is an example of an unreasonable statement.
                  '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                  My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
                    This is an example of an unreasonable statement.
                    Is "unreasonable" the same as not reasoned, or lacking reasoning process ?

                    Or is it like good logic does not necessarily lead to the truth ?
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

                    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      Is "unreasonable" the same as not reasoned, or lacking reasoning process ?

                      Or is it like good logic does not necessarily lead to the truth ?
                      Jnp just invoked a Grecian goddess.

                      You tell me?
                      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                      My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Son had his preschool graduation - the teacher had them build a volcano model and had it ‘erupt’ today at the event.

                        Too soon...I had to suppress the awkward laughter that wanted to escape me
                        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

                        Comment


                          #13
                          https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...5d816d1bdaed55

                          We are in Hell.

                          I mean, I'm in an airconditioned office, so I'm okay, but everyone (not in aircon) and everything else is cooking.
                          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                          I <3 Battlefields...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                            https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...5d816d1bdaed55

                            We are in Hell.

                            I mean, I'm in an airconditioned office, so I'm okay, but everyone (not in aircon) and everything else is cooking.
                            It's going to get worse because of AGW. Australia has it particularly bad, being at the nexus of both being near the equator and surrounded on all sides by vast amounts of steadily warming ocean water.

                            Hopefully you don't get any firenados, but hope isn't going to cut it unfortunately. It's science.

                            New Jersey is still pretty temperate and the effects are limited to our coasts. Come on up.
                            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                            My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                              https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...5d816d1bdaed55

                              We are in Hell.

                              I mean, I'm in an airconditioned office, so I'm okay, but everyone (not in aircon) and everything else is cooking.
                              I ensure I do a conscious physical check of my car back seat to know that I haven’t left my son in the car. The number of kids who have died after being left in hot cars this month already is horrific. I’m not a junkie but I can see how easily a kid can go hide in a car, or a parent leaves them for a few minutes to duck out to the shop etc.
                              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X