Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

What fucking state are you in, Bitch?
    So you don't know, and you're choosing to be insulting. That's disappointing.

I'm surprised you didn't look up the relevant laws and precedents; there aren't that many. Let's start with 10 USC § 246, which describes two classes of militia: organized (National Guard and the Naval Militia) and unorganized (all males between 17 and 45 years of age, with certain exceptions as laid out in 32 USC § 313.

The next clarification of the meaning of "a well-regulated militia" came in 1939 with United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174:

The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense.
    This interpretation has been reaffirmed as recently as DC v. Heller in 2008.

Do you have anything to add to that, other than insults?

Comment

HB 961 has been postponed to 2021 session by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Now to start harassing them about HB421.
      "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post

So you don't know, and you're choosing to be insulting. That's disappointing.

I'm surprised you didn't look up the relevant laws and precedents; there aren't that many. Let's start with 10 USC § 246, which describes two classes of militia: organized (National Guard and the Naval Militia) and unorganized (all males between 17 and 45 years of age, with certain exceptions as laid out in 32 USC § 313.

The next clarification of the meaning of "a well-regulated militia" came in 1939 with United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174:

This interpretation has been reaffirmed as recently as DC v. Heller in 2008.

Do you have anything to add to that, other than insults?
        It wasn't an insult, I was just being my usual adorable self and complementing your tenacity, right before my head hit the pillow and I put on The Rocketeer. Take note, that's how I tap.

But thank you for actually contributing something other than "ignorant bootlicker", I do appreciate it.

All I ever needed to know about you is you are/were Texan. You had me at go, girl. Don't secede, and I promise to never be vague or unresponsive again. At least in the mighty Armory.
        Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/17/2020 10:53pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
          HB 961 has been postponed to 2021 session by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Now to start harassing them about HB421.
          Right on time.

Like I keep saying (and I think if I go back into the early thread, it was my Christmas wish these bloated bills would fail because of poison pills), they don't have the votes, because they want to keep their newly won seats. You know what's going to change by 2021? Nothing.

Virginia has a rich political history that most other states do not. No mystery puppet masters, no matter how real or imagined, have a chance of disarming Virginia as a whole.

Criminals and crazy people? That's another matter.

Comment

It wasn't an insult, I was just being my usual adorable self and complementing your tenacity, right before my head hit the pillow and I put on The Rocketeer. Take note, that's how I tap.

But thank you for actually contributing something other than "ignorant bootlicker", I do appreciate it.

All I ever needed to know about you is you are/were Texan. You had me at go, girl. Don't secede, and I promise to never be vague or unresponsive again. At least in the mighty Armory.
            Woo me, you silver-tongued devil.

Anyway, my point is that no modern court decision has significantly altered the understanding of the term "militia" in the context of the Second Amendment. You seemed to think it had evolved. Many aspects of the Bill of Rights have evolved in recent decades, but not that one.

Did I ever call you an "ignorant bootlicker"? I don't recall saying that, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Woo me, you silver-tongued devil.

Anyway, my point is that no modern court decision has significantly altered the understanding of the term "militia" in the context of the Second Amendment. You seemed to think it had evolved. Many aspects of the Bill of Rights have evolved in recent decades, but not that one.

Did I ever call you an "ignorant bootlicker"? I don't recall saying that, but I may be wrong.
              It's the closest thing Ghost has to a term of endearment.

I hear you, and agree, however not all militias are the same. Quite a few in fact are FBI/ATF targets and not because of their guns. Some of their biggest fans have shot up churches, too.

My reasoning for being against grabs and Grandpa Felon is pretty straightforward. But maybe I'm not so clear about why I'm in support of common sense like background checks and red flags for clear threats.

I <3 cops. Again this will get me called bootlicker or fascist to some. But I don't give a fuck, so...stuck on the middle path as usual.

Comment

Now we've gone from how the court defines the militia to how you view specific organizations that go by that name. That's fine, but it's a change of topic and I'd like to note it.

Some militias are quite harmless. I was a member of one that met for lunch. Our motto: "'All You Can Eat' Is Not 'All You Want To Eat'! Open That Piehole!" We were a threat to nothing but a buffet.

​​​​​​Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what you're recommending when you talk about "grabs" and "Grandpa Felon". Also, I'm not sure of the details of the background checks and red-flag laws you'd advocate. Can you give some details, and explain why you advocate them?

Incidentally, supporting an individual right to keep and bear arms need not be in conflict with supporting the police.

Comment

Now we've gone from how the court defines the militia to how you view specific organizations that go by that name. That's fine, but it's a change of topic and I'd like to note it.

Some militias are quite harmless. I was a member of one that met for lunch. Our motto: "'All You Can Eat' Is Not 'All You Want To Eat'! Open That Piehole!" We were a threat to nothing but a buffet.

​​​​​​Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what you're recommending when you talk about "grabs" and "Grandpa Felon". Also, I'm not sure of the details of the background checks and red-flag laws you'd advocate. Can you give some details, and explain why you advocate them?

Incidentally, supporting an individual right to keep and bear arms need not be in conflict with supporting the police.
                  How I view?

How familiar are you with domestic terror groups? "Grandpa Felon" is, basically, HungryJoe, or my dad.

I'm a one man militia, woman.

Comment

How I view?

How familiar are you with domestic terror groups? "Grandpa Felon" is, basically, HungryJoe, or my dad.

Do tell. Until the ignore function is reinstated, I'll read your unquoted drivel. Your strength is your misguided mind. To you. To me and IMO, many others, you're full of yourself. A good turd floats in the bowl. You're sinking.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Do tell. Until the ignore function is reinstated, I'll read your unquoted drivel. Your strength is your misguided mind. To you. To me and IMO, many others, you're full of yourself. A good turd floats in the bowl. You're sinking.
                      Misguided? I ended up here, didn't I?

How familiar are you with the history of the Klan?

Comment

How I view?
                        At this time, all I know is that you have views. If you have evidence for those views, feel free to present it. But first I'll ask what the relevance is.

How familiar are you with domestic terror groups?
                        Again, what is the relevance of specific information about those groups? I'm not following your line of thinking.

"Grandpa Felon" is, basically, HungryJoe, or my dad.
                        So, people convicted of felonies in their past. What is your view about them? Also, what "grabs" do you mean, and what are the specifics of the background check and ed-flag laws you'd recommend?

Well, pretty much anyone can be. I can't say I recommend it, but it's probably fine.

Comment

You hit the nail on the spot. You did.

Are you aware of the ongoing domestic terror problem in the United States? Its roots in groups like the Klu Klux Klan (AKA KKK), and their Euro-Asian affiliates?

I was called a "grabber" earlier in the thread, too. That hurt, compared to what they do, every day, online. OR with cars.

Seriously, who was more grateful than I, when the most recent rally in VA ended peacefully? This was her real Twitter profile picture. Emphasis hers. She'll be dead 3 years this August, not from a gun, but from a gun nut.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/18/2020 12:08am, .

Comment

I see this thread has been moved from the Armory. That is a good thing for the one poster who can’t answer a question to save his life, and instead constantly PUNTS, not moves, the goalpost.
                            Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

This thread is in desperate need of more Charlton Heston.

King without a crown

Comment

Before we go into domestic terror organizations, if like to know what their relevance is to this discussion. What do you think the connection is?

Why did it hurt to be called a "grabber"? And who is it that is doing things online, every day, or with cars? I'm not following this bit at all.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X