Virginia set to ban "assault" weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
    We'll see. The shit Northam is pushing is so unpopular that there are definitely going to be serious consequences of some sort.
    You're wrong, as usual, about the great state of Virginia.

What he's "pushing" is not unpopular in Virginia or elsewhere. Nationally, it's very popular.

Unpopular is making Grandpa a felon. That will never pass into law. What will, is common sense.

What he's doing is sliding along a razor's edge. Do you see?

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
      You're wrong, as usual, about the great state of Virginia.

What he's "pushing" is not unpopular in Virginia or elsewhere. Nationally, it's very popular.

Unpopular is making Grandpa a felon. That will never pass into law. What will, is common sense.

What he's doing is sliding along a razor's edge. Do you see?
      Ok grabber.

Comment

You're consistent. Full of shit.
        fixed
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
          fixed
          Both work. What a fucking joke. "Supports 2A" my ass.

Comment

Ban passed the house today. It can get killed in committee or the floor of the Senate, but some of the Democrats who said they wouldn't vote for this piece of shit legislation have started to waffle.
            "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
              Ban passed the house today. It can get killed in committee or the floor of the Senate, but some of the Democrats who said they wouldn't vote for this piece of shit legislation have started to waffle.
              There isn't enough popular support for the assault style ban, even with the grandfather clause in the House bill, only 54% support the ban. So as expected, this will die on the vine.

Background checks and red flags are going into place, with broad support, 86% and 73% resp. And those numbers are in line with other states and national voter polling.

Comment

Both work. What a fucking joke. "Supports 2A" my ass.
                You should stop pretending that your own extreme, literal interpretation of what "supports 2A" means has any more weight than my interpretation. It's a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Half the issue with the gun debate is the lack of compromise. I think the voters in VA have made clear what they want and it's not the same as what you do.

Comment

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?
                    That's an argument against any gun regulation whatsoever, based on a literal reading of the Constitution assuming zero state's rights. Almost 9 out of 10 Virginian voters are just against that concept, as is about the same ratio nationally.

That's also an argument for letting ex-felons own, 10 year olds conceal carry, and psychopaths have free reign over automatic weapons.

Where's Ghost to call 9 out of 10 Virginian's "bootlickers" when you really need him.

Comment

You should stop pretending that your own extreme, literal interpretation of what "supports 2A" means has any more weight than my interpretation. It's a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Half the issue with the gun debate is the lack of compromise. I think the voters in VA have made clear what they want and it's not the same as what you do.
                      https://wamu.org/story/19/12/04/va-c...is-that-legal/

So far, more than two dozen counties in Virginia have declared themselves safe havens from new gun laws. Several more, including Prince William County in Northern Virginia, are expected to discuss similar proposals in the coming weeks.
                      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

This is kind of old news, and before SB16 was killed off by the Democrats in VA because they're not so stupid as to criminalize Grandpa's AR-15 (or my father's for that matter).

Those sanctuaries were opposed to gun grabs, which is almost now completely off the table due to lack of popular support. Background checks and red flags though, are likely here to stay, and only about 1-2 Virginian's have any issue with that.

Comment

That's an argument against any gun regulation whatsoever, based on a literal reading of the Constitution assuming zero state's rights. Almost 9 out of 10 Virginian voters are just against that concept, as is about the same ratio nationally.That's also an argument for letting ex-felons own, 10 year olds conceal carry, and psychopaths have free reign over automatic weapons.Where's Ghost to call 9 out of 10 Virginian's "bootlickers" when you really need him.
                          That doesn't answer my question. Which part don't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post

That doesn't answer my question. Which part don't you understand?
                            If I had to guess, the part where people believe only the literal text of the original amendments applies and not the 200+ years of state and federal code.

Law enforcement in VA seems to be overwhelmingly in support of red flag and background checks, but I could be wrong about that. Makes sense that they'd want to curtail the number of armed ex cons running around and the ability to thwart Parkland or VT style threats in advance.

​​​​​​Happy to hear your argument.

Comment

That's an argument against any gun regulation whatsoever, based on a literal reading of the Constitution assuming zero state's rights. Almost 9 out of 10 Virginian voters are just against that concept, as is about the same ratio nationally.

That's also an argument for letting ex-felons own, 10 year olds conceal carry, and psychopaths have free reign over automatic weapons.

Where's Ghost to call 9 out of 10 Virginian's "bootlickers" when you really need him.
                              Sorry I'm less online than I used to be. Spending more time at the gym instead. Anyways, yes. Felons that have completed the terms of their sentence should be able to own and concealed carry firearms.

Comment

My opposition to red flag laws is also deeply rooted in 4a.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X