No announcement yet.

Virginia set to ban "assault" weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the "if I can't have it, then nobody can," clause. The rest is shit.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      I like the "if I can't have it, then nobody can," clause. The rest is shit.
      If that passes, then it will be a de facto AWB and CCW ban for northern Virginia. Probably worse than the original for those of us stuck on the outskirts of NoVA. We moved far enough west that I can see the Blue Ridge Mountains from just about any part of my house, yet I'm still dealing with this crap.
      "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
        If that passes, then it will be a de facto AWB and CCW ban for northern Virginia. Probably worse than the original for those of us stuck on the outskirts of NoVA. We moved far enough west that I can see the Blue Ridge Mountains from just about any part of my house, yet I'm still dealing with this crap.
        It won't pass for the same reason SB16 died on the vine.

Popular support took the House, but none of these bills will pass without the support of VA gun owners, and the last few weeks have proven that they are running things.

As all Commonwealths should be run, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
          You see this as pulling enough people off their asses in the next election to swing back red?
          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Wabbit out here downvarroting any post that isn't slavish devotion to an increasingly totalitarian state.

Comment

Whats that about never passing?

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/01/31...yt13r8b_Ub-yvU

House Bill 2 passed by a vote of 54-46. It criminalizes private transfers of firearms without first paying fees, with limited exceptions. Most transfers between friends, neighbors, or fellow hunters are not exempted. These proposals would have no impact on crime and are completely unenforceable.

House Bill 9 passed by a vote of 55-44. It victimizes gun owners who suffer loss or theft of their property with a fine if they don’t report a lost or stolen firearm within 24 hours of discovering them missing.

House Bill 421 passed by a vote of 50-48. It allows local governments to enact their own gun control ordinances, potentially resulting in a patchwork of laws and the Second Amendment not being protected across the state.

House Bill 1083 passed by a vote of 54-46. It severely restricts parental decisions about firearms in the home while attaching excessive penalties for violations.

House Bill 674 passed by a vote of 52-46. It allows the seizure of an individual’s firearms on baseless accusations without a hearing or other opportunity for the person to be heard in court. It permits the government to seize firearms based on weak evidence and nebulous standards of evidence.

A person subject to a suspension of a Constitutional right should be entitled to high evidentiary standards, an opportunity to be heard, and the right to face his or her accusers. Civil liberties advocates from across the political spectrum have expressed concerns on these “red flag” bills and how the procedure might lead to abuses of the process because of insufficient due process protections in the bill.

House Bill 812 passed by a vote of 53-47. It arbitrarily rations an individual’s right to lawfully purchase a handgun to once within 30 days.
              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                I'm not surprised. Just disappointed. Let's see how much of VA secedes to join WV.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                  I'm not surprised. Just disappointed. Let's see how much of VA secedes to join WV.
                  Lol, gun ownership rights like this is rarely enough to get someone to completely upset their life and move. Does it happen yes, does it happen in any sort of meaningful way? Nope.
                  Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Lol, gun ownership rights like this is rarely enough to get someone to completely upset their life and move. Does it happen yes, does it happen in any sort of meaningful way? Nope.
                    One county is already in the process of splitting off and joining WV. I'm not talking about moving.

Comment

One county is already in the process of splitting off and joining WV. I'm not talking about moving.
                      Also lol I will believe it when I see it actually happen.

Comment

Also lol I will believe it when I see it actually happen.
                        The governor and legislature in WV is actively supportive. We'll see how the people in Richmond respond.

Comment

For what it is worth, those house bills have to survive crossover day, which is February 11th. Everything on that list besides HB421 is virtually guaranteed to pass in the Senate. Hopefully we can get some Democrats to defect on that one.
                          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

The governor and legislature in WV is actively supportive. We'll see how the people in Richmond respond.
                            Frederick doesn't appear to be interested at all so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Frederick doesn't appear to be interested at all so it doesn't really matter.
                              We'll see. The shit Northam is pushing is so unpopular that there are definitely going to be serious consequences of some sort.

Comment

We'll see. The shit Northam is pushing is so unpopular that there are definitely going to be serious consequences of some sort.
                                There never are so I don't know why you would expect their to be some now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X