Virginia set to ban "assault" weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia set to ban "assault" weapons

I'm only starting this thread because I know we have more than a few members in the VA area. Thoughts?

We just moved to Virginia a couple months ago. I think the bill is crap. I literally just escaped AWB territory coming from Maryland. Virginia doesn't even have the excuse of high violent crime like Maryland aka Baltimore has.

My hopes are high that we can beat it, given all it will take is 2 Democrats to kill it in the Senate, and Virginia is still very much red/purple outside of NoVA.

The thing that will kill us is if it seems as though the NRA is pressuring the politicians to defeat it. Bloomberg's paid gun control squad will be our in force to make it look like there is a grassroots gun control movement in VA, when really the opposite is true. Most of us who are fighting against their agenda are doing it on our own dime.

Here is the text of the bill:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+sum+SB16

It is draconian fascist shit.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Yeah, Bloomberg needs to fuck off into the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
        We just moved to Virginia a couple months ago. I think the bill is crap. I literally just escaped AWB territory coming from Maryland. Virginia doesn't even have the excuse of high violent crime like Maryland aka Baltimore has.

My hopes are high that we can beat it, given all it will take is 2 Democrats to kill it in the Senate, and Virginia is still very much red/purple outside of NoVA.

The thing that will kill us is if it seems as though the NRA is pressuring the politicians to defeat it. Bloomberg's paid gun control squad will be our in force to make it look like there is a grassroots gun control movement in VA, when really the opposite is true. Most of us who are fighting against their agenda are doing it on our own dime.

Here is the text of the bill:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+sum+SB16

It is draconian fascist shit.
        Read the full text. That is draconian. Nothing grandfathered in. One has to wonder how many are already in possession and how confiscation is to occur? Did I miss something or is this a pass/fail and we'll work out the details later?
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Most likely grandfathering and other things to appease 2A people would get added in committee. But politicians gonna politic, so they will ask for 100 expecting to get 30. With any luck the Virginia chapter of Moms + all the other paid Bloomberg shills will be shit head entitled assholes like they were in Maryland for the 2019 session. That alone killed the majority of the gun control bills there. They probably learned their lesson and will pay for better shills this year though.

It must be nice to have professional speechwriters build your testimony and talking points for you. And here I am stuck writing my own. Well at least I don't have to worry about calling chemical weapons in Syria a thin red line.

Depending on how fucktard they go this session, it may be worth the pain for a couple years to flip the legislature and governor's office back red and undo everything. It has happened here before.
          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
            Most likely grandfathering and other things to appease 2A people would get added in committee. But politicians gonna politic, so they will ask for 100 expecting to get 30. With any luck the Virginia chapter of Moms + all the other paid Bloomberg shills will be shit head entitled assholes like they were in Maryland for the 2019 session. That alone killed the majority of the gun control bills there. They probably learned their lesson and will pay for better shills this year though.

It must be nice to have professional speechwriters build your testimony and talking points for you. And here I am stuck writing my own. Well at least I don't have to worry about calling chemical weapons in Syria a thin red line.

Depending on how fucktard they go this session, it may be worth the pain for a couple years to flip the legislature and governor's office back red and undo everything. It has happened here before.
            The 2nd Amendment protects all the rest of the Bill of Rights, and Constitution.

Those that seek to overthrow the Constitution are traitors, and criminals, of the highest orders.

And they seek to exact a quantity of blood that is beyond measure, over time.

They shall be surprised, and attempt to deflect with sophistry,

why there is armed resistance to this Nazi or Stalin or Mao or Venezuela type disarmament,

And they shall be most surprised when it is their blood that is spilled,

and when it is they that are prosecuted by courts of law afterwards.

Over half, and the better half, of the military and law enforcement, with all of their assets and personnel,

Shall defend the Constitution and 2nd Amendment,

And they are the United States of America.

And those that seek to disarm the teeth from every day Americans

And overthrow the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment,

Are the traitors.

Liberty is only won, and maintained, through arms.

And the First Amendment right to tell anybody, and everybody, who would violate that Constitution and Bill of Rights, to Fuck Off.

And may the Flame of Liberty,

And this great dream, the United States of America, and its Constitution, and Bill of Rights, never be extinguished.

Me and my sons, should better die to defend this, than see the dream of liberty, and the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, die.
            Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 12/01/2019 8:37pm, .

Comment

Go red or go dead, 2A wise. Hard lines are being drawn while the devide is broader than any other seen in my lifetime. I'm including the 60-70s, civil rights and Vietnam eras.

Really hoping for a strong centrist 3rd party to emerge. I see us leaning evermore to the left but with, I'll posit, the younger generation not realizing how far adrift we are becoming from what makes this nation what it is.

What other countries have the equivalent of out 1st Amendment?
              Or our 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                The 2nd Amendment protects all the rest of the Bill of Rights, and Constitution.

Those that seek to overthrow the Constitution are traitors, and criminals, of the highest orders.

And they seek to exact a quantity of blood that is beyond measure, over time.

They shall be surprised, and attempt to deflect with sophistry,

why there is armed resistance to this Nazi or Stalin or Mao or Venezuela type disarmament,

And they shall be most surprised when it is their blood that is spilled,

and when it is they that are prosecuted by courts of law afterwards.

Over half, and the better half, of the military and law enforcement, with all of their assets and personnel,

Shall defend the Constitution and 2nd Amendment,

And they are the United States of America.

And those that seek to disarm the teeth from every day Americans

And overthrow the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment,

Are the traitors.

Liberty is only won, and maintained, through arms.

And the First Amendment right to tell anybody, and everybody, who would violate that Constitution and Bill of Rights, to Fuck Off.

And may the Flame of Liberty,

And this great dream, the United States of America, and its Constitution, and Bill of Rights, never be extinguished.

Me and my sons, should better die to defend this, than see the dream of liberty, and the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, die.
                addendum to hungryjoe prayer-

and let Ruth Bader Ginsburg know, although she is a tiger, there is a time to retire.

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                  addendum to hungryjoe prayer-

and let Ruth Bader Ginsburg know, although she is a tiger, there is a time to retire.

Amen
                  She is a tiger, and I don't think it will happen unless her physical and mental equipment totally fails her.

Good for her.

I love the 2nd Amendment, but the Great Ginsberg and her pen, in her chair, are as American as any citizen and their rifle, and homestead garden and livestock, or hunting range.

I may disagree with some of her opinions, but the whole point was to allow for disagreement, within the bounds of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

And I cannot wish the Great Lady any harm or early misfortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    She is a tiger, and I don't think it will happen unless her physical and mental equipment totally fails her.

Good for her.

I love the 2nd Amendment, but the Great Ginsberg and her pen, in her chair, are as American as any citizen and their rifle, and homestead garden and livestock, or hunting range.

I may disagree with some of her opinions, but the whole point was to allow for disagreement, within the bounds of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

And I cannot wish the Great Lady any harm or early misfortune.
                    I too wish her no harm and admire her conviction and strength. On record here for many posts in that other thread. Long live RBG. She is a warrior. Just retire already.

Politicians talk shit to the masses for reelection. Bader has walked the talk and lived by her convictions. Who could ask for more?

Comment

I love the "paramilitary activity" bill that's also up for discussion. A certain reading of that law would ban BJJ training.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                        I love the "paramilitary activity" bill that's also up for discussion. A certain reading of that law would ban BJJ training.
                        Any new laws restricting gang activity ?
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          Any new laws restricting gang activity ?
                          No, they're just trying to ban militias and shooting classes. Oddly enough in it's current form the bill also bans the police from existing but I'm sure that will change before it goes to a vote. These people are really fucking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                            I'm only starting this thread because I know we have more than a few members in the VA area. Thoughts?
                            This bill will not pass. I'm praying too hard.

Some of the banned elements that cause a weapon to be reclassified as an assault weapon boggle the mind.

Thumbholes. Second grips.

Barrel shrouds ????!!?? That's a fucking safety device. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                              What other countries have the equivalent of out 1st Amendment?
                              Or our 2nd?
                              On account of both light gun control and high ranking in the forms of free speech and press, probably Switzerland and some of their neighbors.

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X