Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Americans over-aggressively prescribing psychiatric meds & hormones to young kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And... today I was called in to my son's school for a meeting because classmates heard him 'joke' about bringing a gun to school and shooting people. So how is that for a nice start of the day?

Comment

Originally posted by ksennin View Post
      And... today I was called in to my son's school for a meeting because classmates heard him 'joke' about bringing a gun to school and shooting people. So how is that for a nice start of the day?
      That sucks. I don't know how they handle it where you are but around here that would get you expelled from school, a stay at the Juvenile detention facility, some charges, and pretty much ruin your life for a while.
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
        That sucks. I don't know how they handle it where you are but around here that would get you expelled from school, a stay at the Juvenile detention facility, some charges, and pretty much ruin your life for a while.
        Yea....... Thats a bad thing.

Comment

Ok, now I do pity you. That book truly shows the importance of editing. The version that became popular was the shorter one with good reason. I was a big fan of the book as originally published but when the longer version was released I could not even get to finish it.
          I've read it 2 or 3 times, starting when I was in middle school. The paperback version I read was damned thick, so I'm assuming it was the long version.

Odd book by a odd man.

Ever read The Number of the Beast ? He puts all of his created universe together in that one.

The night they killed all the lawyers...brilliant..as well as the Kennedy Dynasty.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

You need to have a serious talk with your son. I'm sure you have...

That shit just doesn't fly.

I have to remind my son not to carry his shotgun and/or hunting rifle in his truck to school...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

I sat down to talk calmly with my son about the accusation and he denies having ever said that. I talked with him at length at how such talk was problematic even if joking or talking about movies or fornite kills or any such things and encouraged him to talk freely about any problems he may have had at school but he kept refusing having said anything like that at all. Back when he was in early grade school he kept getting accused of harassing girls until it was found out that those very same girls were actually the ones seeking him out and bullying him. So I wonder if it may be another instance of people finding him a suitable scapegoat.

We have no guns at home and he has no access to anyone with guns. (Really, he never even goes anywhere without a family member, something which actually worried me before) So I take everything with a grain of salt.

Will keep a closer eye on him from now on.

I have given him basic hand to hand know-how but he has never wanted to train formally at any school, whether it be TMA or BJJ/MMA. The guy lives only for video games or youtube recordings of others playing games. I think I will try to get him into doing weights or something to channel some energy, just in case.

Comment

I sat down to talk calmly with my son about the accusation and he denies having ever said that. I talked with him at length at how such talk was problematic even if joking or talking about movies or fornite kills or any such things and encouraged him to talk freely about any problems he may have had at school but he kept refusing having said anything like that at all. Back when he was in early grade school he kept getting accused of harassing girls until it was found out that those very same girls were actually the ones seeking him out and bullying him. So I wonder if it may be another instance of people finding him a suitable scapegoat.

We have no guns at home and he has no access to anyone with guns. (Really, he never even goes anywhere without a family member, something which actually worried me before) So I take everything with a grain of salt.

I have given him basic hand to hand know-how but he has never wanted to train formally at any school, whether it be TMA or BJJ/MMA. The guy lives only for video games or youtube recordings of others playing games. I think I will try to get him into doing weights or something to channel some energy, just in case.
                Good job, Dad.

I will say, you might wonder how he ends up getting into these situations, though.

Harassed/bullied and now apparently falsely accused of stuff.

My kids are both smartasses, go figure, and I've had to warn them repeatedly about who they smartass and when.

Comment

What about the school handling of the complaints?

Do you believe his denial? Did he explain how students could have got the impression he might have said such a thing?

If it was in the US I imagine it would be dealt with very seriously, but I see your location is Honduras - not sure what the protocol is there.
                  "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

When I was just starting high school, some students overheard another student say to a friend that they had a huge bomb in their locker. So they evacuated the school and in comes the bomb squad, and the accused was placed in police custody. The locker was inspected opened. There was no bomb. Apparently bong and bomb sound similar to young privileged white girls.

He was suspended for month, there was a no bong policy at the time as well.
                    Last edited by lant3rn; 11/14/2019 6:28am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X