Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
    Dr Gonzo,
    I appreciate your generous offer, however, I do not feel that I could effectively write those articles. They are not in my wheelhouse of expertise, nor do I possess the bias to accurately present the perspective you seek.
    Best,
    -Ev

Comment

Well, I can agree with the overmedication of children with ADD, as I went through that in the 1980s, but I'm not sure I'm well enough or informed enough to write a publication of that sort at this time. If my health improves, I could give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
        Well, I can agree with the overmedication of children with ADD, as I went through that in the 1980s, but I'm not sure I'm well enough or informed enough to write a publication of that sort at this time. If my health improves, I could give it a try.
        At your own pace.

These are orphan issues, that get greater press and advertisement coverage on one side, than the other.

Much like orphan diseases, it is usually only an independent researcher that will give them much time,

Because not only does covering that side not sell papers, but often causes backlash for conventional media.

Comment

I'll take the discussion to PM

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

2) How the application of drugs to delay puberty in children by parents who wish to change the gender identity of their child may be state sanctioned child abuse.

3) How the content being put out by the Sandy Hook Promise foundation may be resulting in the stigmatizing of children interested in the shooting sports, shooting scholarships, hunting, or eventual careers in armed professions.
            Mods, move or delete my response if you'd be so inclined, I don't want to shit up Ev's thread.

Dr. G, these are some Breitbart worthy shitty takes. I'm going to be super charitable and assume you are either just stirring the pot or uneducated on trans issues and the process of a child actually coming to be on puberty blockers. Article 3 is just a pretty silly hot take, but not as morally bankrupt as the second.

Please take the time to do the research yourself, as it would appear you absolutely need to educate yourself.

Comment

Matzah Ball Soup!
              Matzah Ball Soup!

I don't want no stinking carrots in my
              Matzah Ball Soup!

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
                Mods, move or delete my response if you'd be so inclined, I don't want to shit up Ev's thread.

Dr. G, these are some Breitbart worthy shitty takes. I'm going to be super charitable and assume you are either just stirring the pot or uneducated on trans issues and the process of a child actually coming to be on puberty blockers. Article 3 is just a pretty silly hot take, but not as morally bankrupt as the second.

Please take the time to do the research yourself, as it would appear you absolutely need to educate yourself.
                In any case, none of that is any of your business.

I offered Evergray a paid writing commission to explore the issues of aggressively "treating" young children with anti-depression pills, ritalin, etc and hormones, not you.

You are shitting up the thread.

I am actually quite educated on issues with the transgender population.

Telling people to go educate themselves when you don't understand the context of their points just makes you seem silly, and uneducated yourself.

I am extremely skeptical of the general trend in America to replace active parenting, and activities, with putting young children on anti-depressants, ritalin, hormones, etc, instead of taking activity based approaches, combined with active parenting,

just as I am skeptical of over-dosing young children excessively with religion or psychology or other ideologies that may interfere, rather than help children to become well adjusted adults.

But, again, if you have concerns about those lines of research being pursued, take it up on another thread.

Edit: I have created another thread in the General Forum and Science area for you to voice your further dissenting views, if you feel the need to so.
                Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 11/04/2019 8:42pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                  Called Eve. There are good people struggling the world over. She's a fighter. Better than most here, cause in real life.

Keep her in your thoughts, prayers or whatever. I ever get back to San Francisco way, I am promised tea.

Tipping a PranQster to you lady Bully.

(edit by submessenger)
                  Keeping the link up top: http://gf.me/u/wgjb4j
                  Thank you Wrabbit, a chance to throw this one back out there. I hadn't looked lately. She's almost 3/4 there.

and

Grow up. I have no animous for you as a person. Don't push me to pity.
                  Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Thank you so much, Joe! <3

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X