GoFundEve - helping a Bully in her time of need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I never sob. Tears slowly rolling down a cheek have wrecked my tough guy personna. If family ever tells.

I AM NOT A SOFTY!
    Well, if wounded vets did not do it, special Olympics will.

Blind snowboarder.

I'm a chronic whining loser...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Oh damn man y'all are so amazing, someone's cutting onions in here for sure. My screen's gone all Blurry.
      Joe asked me to set up a GoFundMe. I've made a couple in the past- it's how I didn't end up on the streets when our primary breadwinner ended up with no income, hiding his inability to pay the rent from us. I made one before my trip to NYC because friends asked me to, though nobody donated to it (totally understandable, because I mean, people need insulin and surgery and to not be homeless, and I just needed some help with Lyft because of my ankle. Found out in my next visit that it was worse than they originally thought, and I proooobably should not have been limping around that city as it was. No regrets there though. I got to live some good life there)
      So here is one. I appreciate all your support, moral or otherwise. Thank you. So much. <3 I feel awkward and never know what to say on stuff like this. Shouldn't I be taking care of people instead?

http://gf.me/u/wgjb4j

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Well, if wounded vets did not do it, special Olympics will.

Blind snowboarder.

I'm a chronic whining loser...
        #METOO
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

I like the photo.

Don't know you, but what the hell, I've been in a bad spot myself.

Please don't expose my identifying information.

Comment

Holy shit you guys. Holy shit. I'm just, I'm
            thank you. Thank you thank you thank you

Comment

I uh I'm bawling but it's a grateful bawling and here have a karate dojo I found in the middle of BFE Maine:

Yes, those are bongs in the window.
              Yes, it's absolutely worth looking up the yelp entry for this place, and the website where his martial artist profile looks like a dating profile.
              May it bring you gleeful Bullshido joy. Especially the photo of the guy floating in front of the mediocre wolf painting.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                Holy shit you guys. Holy shit. I'm just, I'm
                thank you. Thank you thank you thank you
                Least we could do.

Comment

I uh I'm bawling but it's a grateful bawling and here have a karate dojo I found in the middle of BFE Maine:

Yes, those are bongs in the window.
                  Yes, it's absolutely worth looking up the yelp entry for this place, and the website where his martial artist profile looks like a dating profile.
                  May it bring you gleeful Bullshido joy. Especially the photo of the guy floating in front of the mediocre wolf painting.
                  The goatee alone was worth the price of admission.

Comment

There she is. You've been missed.

You were right, that Yelp profile is a winner.

Master Crisci looks high as balls in every photo I can find, which explains the Wall of Bongs.

Hey guys,
                    Thank you so much, to everybody who reached out today. I'm sorry I keep crawling off into the woods like a sick cat.
                    Too injured and unwell to work any more. I'm somebody who, despite being a fatass, hates being sedentary, and wants to do lots of hard physical work. My body disagrees, vehemently. Two ruptures in my right Achilles tendon, my autoimmune disease has spread to my armpit and throat but is also happily attacking me in a bunch of other places, and being unable to exercise at all has tipped my lifelong "pre-diabetic" status to "diabetic," with an a1c of 6.5. I've lost over half my income, and the landlord has to sell the house next June. We're having a hard time managing to save any money at all right now, when we need to be. It's getting insanely expensive here, with Manhattan level rents or even higher, but all over the bay area, even in really bad shank-you-lots type of neighborhoods. Just been dealing with a lot, and I tend to isolate and curl up on myself. Been in crisis and getting some texts, calls, and help today helped more than you know. Thank you.

On the plus side, I did get one last trip in. I got to see Maine. I got to try Maine lobster. I went to New York City and fell in love with Manhattan. I got to see the natural history museum, the metropolitan museum of art, and a burlesque show with some gorgeous, gorgeous women. Got to meet up with and spend time with some really wonderful folks. I'll hold on to those good memories for as long as I can.

As for what I did today, I strapped on my walking cast boot, stuck a high heeled shoe on the other foot (so my gait isn't uneven) and a friend took me for lunch. Just going and having lunch was so exhausting. I get tired a lot these days. So much of my energy is spent by my body attacking itself. It was so good to feel the sun on my face, to talk to a friend, and to eat good food that is almost NYC Halal-cart-worthy.

Probably will be home doing nothing much for the next 4 days. Maybe Friday I can leave the house again. I spend a lot of time in bed, slipping in and out of consciousness.

I miss sweet milk tea, mangoes, and chow fun. Those comfort foods are lost to me now, though, unless I want to like, go blind and lose my fucking feet.
                    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/04/2019 12:16pm, .
                    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Any chance a mod will move Eve's situation into it's own thread? Better visibility because not lost in the noise.
                      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                        Any chance a mod will move Eve's situation into it's own thread? Better visibility because not lost in the noise.
                        Seconded, especially since it's proving that Bullshido has way more than 5 active posters.
                        '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Comment

Not many here know this, but Eve is on this album/video. This is one of the best underground metal albums of all time, and that's not an exaggeration.

This is Food Metal. Classic tracks such as "Clear Your Plate", "I'm So Hungry", "You Left Me at the Salad Bar", "Cotton Candy", and my favorite, the stadium anthem O Banana!

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/04/2019 2:15pm, .

Comment

I am absolutely stunned. Thank you all, so very, very much. <3 I feel like I can start to breathe again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Wabbit how on earth did you find that? Hah! I really enjoyed singing in "O Banana."

Anyway. I'm a writer and I'm speechless. Thank you.

Comment

I am absolutely stunned. Thank you all, so very, very much. <3 I feel like I can start to breathe again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Wabbit how on earth did you find that? Hah! I really enjoyed singing in "O Banana."

Anyway. I'm a writer and I'm speechless. Thank you.
                              The blessings and curses of eidetic memory.

I'm pretty sure you posted it here once upon a time, but what I remembered most was your entry in Encyclopaedia Metallum.

Comment

Folks can buy the entire album here for a measly $7+

https://foodmetal.bandcamp.com/album/food-metal

Every song on this album is priceless, if you like metal. If you don't like metal, GFY.

True confession, I have this entire album on my ipod. I just bought it again, why not.

Comment

Working...
                                X