Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

I've got an itchy finger to pull on this Bitchin' Camaro fund and three nice cars to choose from. There are no camaros in this list but these are all fantastic deals.

1. An all original 1966 El Camino with a 283 and automatic transmission. The body is near immaculate. Needs new paint but I consider that a good thing. The undercarriage is decent with a little rust in the usual places. Runs and drives like a champ. Interior is damn near perfect except a little dust in the instrument panel and a stain on the original upholstery. Original wheels, brakes, the works.

2. A great deal on a 1969 Ford Fairlane coup with a 302 and a manual transmission. Upholstery is shot but that's no big deal. Interior is otherwise good. Paint is good enough to be touched up inexpensively. Not a big fan of the 302 motor but I like the manual and it comes with a nice set of wheels. Literally half the price of the other two options.

3. A 1969 Chevy Malibu coup. Fresh rebuilt damn near good-as-new 396 with zero miles on it, 350 automatic transmission. Otherwise this vehicle is in all original condition except a little rust inside the rear left quarter panel. It's the most expensive for obvious reasons and there is one other catch. It's not assembled and is missing the upholstery. It has all the parts, all the trim and the motor, transmission are great. It will take a fair bit of work but on the other hand, after completion I could be driving one of the finest American vehicles made in a red letter year for fine American vehicles.

Let's put it to a vote.
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

I'd be taking that El Camino in a heart beat. I freaking love them and you hardly every see them on the roads down here.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
      I've got an itchy finger to pull on this Bitchin' Camaro fund and three nice cars to choose from. There are no camaros in this list but these are all fantastic deals.

1. An all original 1966 El Camino with a 283 and automatic transmission. The body is near immaculate. Needs new paint but I consider that a good thing. The undercarriage is decent with a little rust in the usual places. Runs and drives like a champ. Interior is damn near perfect except a little dust in the instrument panel and a stain on the original upholstery. Original wheels, brakes, the works.

2. A great deal on a 1969 Ford Fairlane coup with a 302 and a manual transmission. Upholstery is shot but that's no big deal. Interior is otherwise good. Paint is good enough to be touched up inexpensively. Not a big fan of the 302 motor but I like the manual and it comes with a nice set of wheels. Literally half the price of the other two options.

3. A 1969 Chevy Malibu coup. Fresh rebuilt damn near good-as-new 396 with zero miles on it, 350 automatic transmission. Otherwise this vehicle is in all original condition except a little rust inside the rear left quarter panel. It's the most expensive for obvious reasons and there is one other catch. It's not assembled and is missing the upholstery. It has all the parts, all the trim and the motor, transmission are great. It will take a fair bit of work but on the other hand, after completion I could be driving one of the finest American vehicles made in a red letter year for fine American vehicles.

Let's put it to a vote.
      Malibu by a land slide of reasons.

1 Big Block

2 every factory "original" part is available from five dealers on the low end.

3. The after market is huge for chevelle. you can turn that car into what ever you want and never fab a thing.

Is it a real SS ?
      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

The El Camino is a legit choice.
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Let's put it to a vote.
          No on the Ford Fairlane. Love the care (a dear ex-GF of mine in NOLA had one with a six and 3 on the tree, let me tell you, we could have a party in that back seat). 302 is not enough motor that land-yacht, IMO, unless it's built to hell. On the other hand, if it's in great shape and cheap, you could always drop a bigger FOMOCO motor into it with the money you saved.

The El Camino sounds good too. Does it have the 2-speed Powerglide tranny in it ? Not a hotrod, but that can be fixed relatively easy. Probably best bet for an original classic, and, pretty unusual. Plus being able to carry stuff in the back.

Of course, the Chevelle is the one I'd go for if money was no object. Would you have someone put it together for you? I'm assuming with your level of business you will have to do that. So money, got to get you some...

Is it a factory level rebiuld of a 396, if so, 375 HP ? Solid or hydraulic lifters ? Have you checked the numbers to see if they match ? not that that is really an issue for a bitchin whatever project.

My good dog, the motors one could get in 1969...
          https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/c...-options-1969/
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Also all of these engines at factory spec have low enough compression where you can bolt a blower to the top of it if horse power is your concern opposed to being able to auto cross.

Which reminds me of the advice John Force gave me on Drag Racing: "Don't turn!", it changed my life.

Comment

Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                The El Camino is a legit choice.
                I'm teetering between the El Camino and the Malibu for two reasons.

The El Camino is already assembled and 30% cheaper so I'd have enough to upgrade the motor quickly.

But I come back to the fact that 1969 Chevelles don't exactly grow on trees and usually cost triple the current asking price.

I want to make the purchase this afternoon before the hawks come out on the weekend.

The Fairlane is really inexpensive, so I could easily purchase a rebuilt big block motor and drop it in for the difference between the Chevelle and it but then I'd have a fairlane and not a Chevelle or El Camino.

Both are just better cars in my opinion.

Comment

I intend to make aftermarket modifications and keep the original parts to maintain resale value.

Comment

The El Camino is already assembled and 30% cheaper so I'd have enough to upgrade the motor quickly.

But I come back to the fact that 1969 Chevelles don't exactly grow on trees and usually cost triple the current asking price.

I want to make the purchase this afternoon before the hawks come out on the weekend.

The Fairlane is really inexpensive, so I could easily purchase a rebuilt big block motor and drop it in for the difference between the Chevelle and it but then I'd have a fairlane and not a Chevelle or El Camino.

The bummer about cars with no back seat is you can't fit the family in them. So for me this really cuts down on the time I get to drive it.
                    That's another feather in the Malibu's cap.

Comment

Also all of these engines at factory spec have low enough compression where you can bolt a blower to the top of it if horse power is your concern opposed to being able to auto cross.

Which reminds me of the advice John Force gave me on Drag Racing: "Don't turn!", it changed my life.
                      What is max comp ratio for a blower of useful boost (say, 100 HP+) Some of the factory big-blocks you could order started at 10.5:1, apparently.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Well, fuck, go for the Chevelle, then. I mean, you just beat cancer, you own enough THC to kill everyone in Whatcom, and you have a hot, red-headed wife who could have easily poisoned you and gotten away with it, but didn't.

I'd say a big-block Chevelle is the way to go.

Comment

The bummer about cars with no back seat is you can't fit the family in them. So for me this really cuts down on the time I get to drive it.
                          That's another feather in the Malibu's cap.
                          Dung barely has any testes left, let alone a family.

Let's face it, he owns a pot business worth millions. He doesn't need a backseat except in which to bang his wife, once he gets his strength back up to normal levels.

Plus, it's easy to throw a mattress in the back of a truck...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            What is max comp ratio for a blower of useful boost (say, 100 HP+) Some of the factory big-blocks you could order started at 10.5:1, apparently.
                            it depends on the cam. Static compression ratio is essentially a useless number, only dynamic matters.

Generally 9.5 static and 5-7 Lbs. of boost will put you in doable range on 93 octane with octane booster. on a roots set up. If switch to E-85 or do meth injection You can turn the wick up more.

I know a a guy running 11.5 static on 10 lbs of boost on a prcharger with 93 octane and methane injection in a late model 6 cyclinder camaro. he's never touched the engine internals. he's at over 500hp to the wheels.

Comment

(1)Malibu
                              (2)El Camino
                              (3)No
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X