Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Get a truck, safe vs deer.
    I've though about it. Probably would get another Ford, too.

The Traverse is pretty rugged and is 1-0 vs. deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
      Yeah, there was a placard for when the last owners were taking it to car shows in the 90s and they also claimed it was a 12 second car. They say it was bored 60 over but still.

Dubious to say the least.
      I'll say...

It is a light car but...

170 cid, even 60 over..

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
        I've though about it. Probably would get another Ford, too.

The Traverse is pretty rugged and is 1-0 vs. deer.
        Survivability depends on being high enough up to avoid deer through windshield, upon direct hit.

Comment

Survivability depends on being high enough up to avoid deer through windshield, upon direct hit.
          That, or like my first car (81 Chevy Impala), having a tank quality endoskeleton. They really don't make them like that anymore.

Speaking of which the G1 Falcons are missing a lot of federally mandated safety features not available until 1967. Dung's braking system is single circuit, for instance. That might be worthy of an upgrade...

Did I mention what a Ford nerd I am? The D in general...I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Bigfoot at the Pontiac Silverstone.
          Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/15/2019 10:48pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
            Probably, but in mine it would be a bit pointless. The coyote 302 can mod to a ridiculous amount of HP as it is. Hellion twin turbo kits aren't that expensive and add a shit ton of power. Of course the entire drive train would have to be replaced.
            On this Falcon? Some of that work has already been done. My biggest concern now is weatherproofing the car and making the interior cozy from my perspective. After that I've got all the time in the world.

Comment

The good...
              Attached Files

Comment

The good...
                Nice!

Comment

Still a little dark here. Was late getting back because my friend fell down and twisted his ankle.

He's a little older so that pretty much called the day for us.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That, or like my first car (81 Chevy Impala), having a tank quality endoskeleton. They really don't make them like that anymore.

Speaking of which the G1 Falcons are missing a lot of federally mandated safety features not available until 1967. Dung's braking system is single circuit, for instance. That might be worthy of an upgrade...

Did I mention what a Ford nerd I am? The D in general...I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Bigfoot at the Pontiac Silverstone.
                    That won't save you from deer in windshield.

Comment

You gonna keep the color? White is so not hot on this kind of car, IMHO.

That girl would smoke with a black paint job and red rally stripe..

Comment

Still a little dark here. Was late getting back because my friend fell down and twisted his ankle.

So they ran out of money for the interior or just racing?

Comment

She's pretty. Named her yet?

Comment

That won't save you from deer in windshield.
                            You have to understand just how large the front end of that car was. We used to sleep on the hood in sleeping blankets.

The perfect summer campout vehicle. $500, 200,000+ miles, powder blue, and 8 poorly muffled cylinders of glory.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/15/2019 11:05pm, .

Comment

You have to understand just how large the front end of that car was. We used to sleep on the hood in sleeping blankets.

The perfect summer campout vehicle. $500, 200,000+ miles, powder blue, and 8 poorly muffled cylinders of glory.

I guess I don't...understand...is an understatement.

Comment

I guess I don't...understand...is an understatement.
                                It's easy.

Just imagine you're 17, and need a car for prom and you've only got about $500 bucks saved up from washing dishes for an Italian family restaurant. My friends called it the Ghetto Cruiser, I called it the Deer Crusher.

The best thing about American engines is that, properly maintained, they'll run for-ever. Not some high tech, off shore solid state junk like my wife's acoustic dampener...

I left that first car to rust away peacefully when I left for college. By the time I tried to drive her again, the entire undercarriage had rusted out from under.
                                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/15/2019 11:29pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X