Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Yes, currently have one. The reboot Mustang really didn't get good until 2010. The previous years had a sucky ass look despite the decent engine. The new ones post 2016 look too much like a Ford Porsche. They have hella HP though. All of the 90's versions are poser cars. The 70's and 80's well let's just ignore those decades all together k??
    Well now you've done it. Sunshine ran off crying and locked herself in the garage.

    "Sucky ass look"...you can be so cruel sometimes. Ponies are sensitive beasts, they need encouragement and a slow, soft hand.

    '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

    My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

    Comment


      1969 Mach 1, gentlemen...

      That's the one.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

      "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

      "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

      "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

      Comment


        Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
        Well now you've done it. Sunshine ran off crying and locked herself in the garage.

        "Sucky ass look"...you can be so cruel sometimes. Ponies are sensitive beasts, they need encouragement and a slow, soft hand.

        It's just the way the front end looks on the earlier reboots that I don't like. It's just a personal preference. I like it better on the 2010-2016 versions.



        I guess sucky ass might be a bit harsh though.

        Comment


          I had a '82 911 SC. The front end of those babies look nothing like any Mustang that ever rolled off the assembly line.

          Exactly like this one, except mine did not have the fake spoiler on the back.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

          Comment


            Yeah, fuck spoilers. I had the factory leave it off. Best decision aside from going with the cheapest ass interior options I could order. Vinyl seats, chrome and plastic.

            Definitely no Mustang Grande, but she's got it where it counts. Handling is so fine, saved my sorry ass from countless terrible drivers.

            One deer though would probably end us both. And any ice or snow whatsoever can mean not even trying to drive it.
            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

            My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

            Comment


              I would totally rock a LS swapped El Camino. Though in all honesty my next car is about 100% likely to be either a Top of the line Tesla 3 or a used Tesla S. Too many wins to go high end electric these days.

              Comment


                The list of things that needs to be done is extensive but not as bad as it could be.

                Interior Needs:

                -Weather striping/seals all around. Doors, windows, firewall.
                -Carpet.
                -blinker wiring
                -horn wiring
                -steering wheel (because this one is lame)
                -heater and defrost wiring (have new heater)
                -headliner
                -sanding/paint in doors, cabin ceiling
                -stereo wiring* (came with new stereo setup, speakers/woofers in trunk, etc but only the speakers in the dash work.)

                Interior doesn't need:
                new floor/trunk pans (new and painted so that's one less problem)
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  Sounds like you have something to keep you busy.

                  I looked up the 61 6. 300 hp would be a lot to get from a normally aspirated motor that small.

                  Man, they claimed 30+ mpg back in 61...
                  Yeah, there was a placard for when the last owners were taking it to car shows in the 90s and they also claimed it was a 12 second car. They say it was bored 60 over but still.

                  Dubious to say the least.
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    The list of things that needs to be done is extensive but not as bad as it could be.

                    Interior Needs:

                    -Weather striping/seals all around. Doors, windows, firewall.
                    -Carpet.
                    -blinker wiring
                    -horn wiring
                    -steering wheel (because this one is lame)
                    -heater and defrost wiring (have new heater)
                    -headliner
                    -sanding/paint in doors, cabin ceiling
                    -stereo wiring* (came with new stereo setup, speakers/woofers in trunk, etc but only the speakers in the dash work.)

                    Interior doesn't need:
                    new floor/trunk pans (new and painted so that's one less problem)
                    Radar detector.
                    '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                    My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                      Yeah, but let's be realistic, the Mustang sucked until 67-69. It only became relevant again after 2010. Every other Mustang isn't worth it's weight in crab shit.
                      I don't disagree but you can make room for a 351 Windsor under the hood using just a hammer. Might still.
                      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        I would totally rock a LS swapped El Camino. Though in all honesty my next car is about 100% likely to be either a Top of the line Tesla 3 or a used Tesla S. Too many wins to go high end electric these days.
                        In my youth, I helped a friend put a 350 into a Mustang II. That was dumb. Cool, but dumb. I really want to do it again, for myself. They are putting LS's into Miatas, these days, so... go big or go home?
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Nutcracker, sweet! View Post
                          In my youth, I helped a friend put a 350 into a Mustang II. That was dumb. Cool, but dumb. I really want to do it again, for myself. They are putting LS's into Miatas, these days, so... go big or go home?
                          The LS Miatas are brilliant, they are only slightly heavier and don't throw off the weight balance like at all. The Flying Miata options are crazy especially some of their more Kit Car like offerings (though it seems that the catfish has now become the CFR)
                          https://www.flyinmiata.com/catfish/index.php
                          http://bauerltd.com/

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                            I don't disagree but you can make room for a 351 Windsor under the hood using just a hammer. Might still.
                            Probably, but in mine it would be a bit pointless. The coyote 302 can mod to a ridiculous amount of HP as it is. Hellion twin turbo kits aren't that expensive and add a shit ton of power. Of course the entire drive train would have to be replaced.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
                              Yeah, fuck spoilers. I had the factory leave it off. Best decision aside from going with the cheapest ass interior options I could order. Vinyl seats, chrome and plastic.

                              Definitely no Mustang Grande, but she's got it where it counts. Handling is so fine, saved my sorry ass from countless terrible drivers.

                              One deer though would probably end us both. And any ice or snow whatsoever can mean not even trying to drive it.
                              Get a truck, safe vs deer.
                              Falling for Judo since 1980

                              "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                              "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                              "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                                The list of things that needs to be done is extensive but not as bad as it could be.

                                Interior Needs:

                                -Weather striping/seals all around. Doors, windows, firewall.
                                -Carpet.
                                -blinker wiring
                                -horn wiring
                                -steering wheel (because this one is lame)
                                -heater and defrost wiring (have new heater)
                                -headliner
                                -sanding/paint in doors, cabin ceiling
                                -stereo wiring* (came with new stereo setup, speakers/woofers in trunk, etc but only the speakers in the dash work.)

                                Interior doesn't need:
                                new floor/trunk pans (new and painted so that's one less problem)
                                Nice! No rust is good.

                                Does it have a lopey cam in it?
                                Falling for Judo since 1980

                                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X