Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Damn you and your predicate logic. But you knew which one I meant.

    You want some Z28?

    1985 IROC-Z. The go to vehicle for Jersey shore beefcakes who want to hear purrs..
    Somewhere around here is a pic of my '99 Z28, banana'd. Some asshole ran a red doing 50+ and t-boned me. I had to be cut out of the cabin.

    That is the only car that I've owned, so far, that I've truly been in love with. 6-speed manual, before they went to the hydraulic clutches. 305 HP, stock. The SS went to 315 stock, iirc, but was basically the same (in fact, the VINs were indistinguishable, iirc). T-tops. Sexy lady.

    From there, I went briefly to a Miata, I think that was the year they started calling them Mazda Speed M5's. Those are nifty little powerhouses. I scared the shit out of the dealer on the test drive, he didn't realize they were race cars, apparently. But, then I got married and started working on polluting the world with my offspring, so moved in to more conventional vehicles. Like the Millenia. Fuck, that was a nice car, and with balls, but a shitty radiator (replaced mine twice). Too bad they stopped making it. Third Mazda was a Tribute. That was an awesome truck, until I blew the side of the intake manifold off (not maintenance related).

    Hondas get my vote for longevity. We've always had a Honda, and we're on our second. 19th anny is around the corner...

    /diatribe
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    Comment


      #62
      My favorite vehicle of all time was the '84 Jimmy 4x4, though. I started driving that thing on the ranch when I was 12 or so. I think my mom brought it home just so I could joy ride in it, before I got my license. I'd head out at midnight or so, down 183 until I hit Lockhart, blaring KLBJ on that shitty little radio, then turn around and head home.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
        If you can find the parts...unless you're cool dump diving. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

        I don't consider eBay a trustworthy source either and neither should you.

        Do you want a real muscle car, or a pony?
        There are lots of parts for old muscle cars. It is a big industry.

        And old trucks, too.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          Not quite. The 82 TA was a Firebird, but not all 82 Firebirds were TAs.

          TA was roughly equal to Camaro Z28, at the time.
          correct.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
            Damn you and your predicate logic. But you knew which one I meant.

            You want some Z28?

            1985 IROC-Z. The go to vehicle for Jersey shore beefcakes who want to hear purrs..

            had an 82

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              had an 82
              This is the best compilation of muscle and pony cars on the internet. I love to post this video.

              Who can spot their favorite? Mine is Jim Morrison, in the Mojave, with his Shelby GT500, having more fun than all of hell combined.

              Trust me. if there was a single video that summed my whole world up, this is it. I might have Mrs. Rabbit inscribe the URL on my gravestone on Mount Sugarloaf.

              I'm a rebel in the FDG
              And I say only God in heaven knows
              I'm a bad child, come and love me
              And I say, oh yeah

              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/03/2019 10:39pm, .

              Comment


                #67
                Wow I just had an inspiration to help you choose your next car.



                You want old and powerful? 66 Plymouth CUDA!

                Comment


                  #68
                  Oh shit, what a car.

                  https://musclecars.howstuffworks.com...acuda-2732.htm

                  Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/03/2019 10:54pm, .

                  Comment


                    #69
                    That is a beauty.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      This is the best compilation of muscle and pony cars on the internet. I love to post this video.

                      Who can spot their favorite? Mine is Jim Morrison, in the Mojave, with his Shelby GT500, having more fun than all of hell combined.

                      Trust me. if there was a single video that summed my whole world up, this is it. I might have Mrs. Rabbit inscribe the URL on my gravestone on Mount Sugarloaf.

                      I'm a rebel in the FDG
                      And I say only God in heaven knows
                      I'm a bad child, come and love me
                      And I say, oh yeah

                      Anybody else notice a potential problem with this ?

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        Anybody else notice a potential problem with this ?
                        Are you talking about forward visability, or are you referring to the fact that it looks (in shitty resolution) like there's no belt on that supercharger?
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                          Are you talking about forward visability, or are you referring to the fact that it looks (in shitty resolution) like there's no belt on that supercharger?
                          Forward visibility is always a problem with blowers like that.

                          Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is a belt on the blower. It does not look to me like the pulley is moving in the video, but if it were, it might be going too fast to see.

                          Even more telling, though, is that the car is under acceleration (you have to watch the video), and the butterflies on the "bugcatcher" scoop are not open...


                          I don't know how they have it set up to run, but, I seriously doubt there is a functional roots supercharger on that motor.

                          Dung, try not to stain your pants...

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            Forward visibility is always a problem with blowers like that.

                            Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is a belt on the blower. It does not look to me like the pulley is moving in the video, but if it were, it might be going too fast to see.

                            Even more telling, though, is that the car is under acceleration (you have to watch the video), and the butterflies on the "bugcatcher" scoop are not open...


                            I don't know how they have it set up to run, but, I seriously doubt there is a functional roots supercharger on that motor.

                            Dung, try not to stain your pants...
                            Depending on the engine and fuel system, you really don't need those butterflies to move much, at all.

                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              It's probably just a movie prop. They go for looks over functionality, hell most of the stunt driving is probably done under 60.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                                Depending on the engine and fuel system, you really don't need those butterflies to move much, at all.

                                I agree, however, it looked fishy to me, and I'm bored, so there ya go...

                                Like all those shots of speedos at 120 mph and cars jumping over gaps in bridges...

                                I've gone 146 mph in my old Porsche (that was spec top speed, LOL, the rev limiter really worked), and plenty of times at 120 mph.

                                One would need true balls of steel to even consider jumping anything at either speed, in a car.

                                I know, it's just the movies...

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X