Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The bummer about cars with no back seat is you can't fit the family in them.
    I see no down side to this.

Now that bnet has spoken, I will say I support her opinion. My other half would not dare come home if he wasted money on this junk.

Also what are ‘big blocks’?

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    ^^^ Yeah, that’s why I don’t call myself a “real” Buddhist. Too many caveman genes I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Here, this may help in those moments.

Golden Chain Prayer

We are a link in Amida's golden chain of love that stretches around the world, we will keep our link bright and strong.

We will be kind and gentle to every living thing and protect all who are weaker than ourselves.

We will think pure and beautiful thoughts, say pure and beautiful words, and do pure and beautiful deeds.

May every link in Amida's chain of love be bright and strong, and may we all attain perfect peace.

- Buddha

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    statements like this is why dueling should have never been outlawed.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I will double down here and say El Caminos are the crack whores of the American made car line. Like seriously someone thought "yes let's chop the back roof off of a shitty station wagon and sell the left over eye sore of a dumpster heap as a new car". Nothing screams white trash quite like an El Camino.
    But it's that very white-trash thing that makes them so attractive in the first place.

I mean, you could get a Ford Fairlane wagon, imagine putting a hot big block in one of those things. Talk about a sleeper...

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    I will double down here and say El Caminos are the crack whores of the American made car line. Like seriously someone thought "yes let's chop the back roof off of a shitty station wagon and sell the left over eye sore of a dumpster heap as a new car". Nothing screams white trash quite like an El Camino.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Fixed. Sorry to break it to you guys, but El Caminos suck donkey balls.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied

this is the edlebrock carb version of the same blower chevy uses on their ZR1. same Eaton rotors as you get in a brand new Camaro and the Shelby Mustang I think.

9.5/1 Compression up to 14 lbs.
    Nice stuff !

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    (1)Malibu
    (2)No
    (3)No
    Fixed. Sorry to break it to you guys, but El Caminos suck donkey balls.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    it depends on the cam. Static compression ratio is essentially a useless number, only dynamic matters.

Generally 9.5 static and 5-7 Lbs. of boost will put you in doable range on 93 octane with octane booster. on a roots set up. If switch to E-85 or do meth injection You can turn the wick up more.

I know a a guy running 11.5 static on 10 lbs of boost on a prcharger with 93 octane and methane injection in a late model 6 cyclinder camaro. he's never touched the engine internals. he's at over 500hp to the wheels.
    Yeah, I get the static vs dynamic compression thing, cam duration/overlap and all that tech stuff.

I think a factory 375 HP 396 (hydraulic lifter) would be pretty awesome, or at least build something similar with set up (the whole cam duration/overlap etc thing) to be able to run on pump premium, and then use octane boost or get some Av Gas when you want to really tune it up.

Going modern with an fuel injection, ECU and knock detectors, who knows what you could come up with that would be drive able but still very exciting to drive ?

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...-block-engines

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    I vote the Malibu.

Sorry, can't make this a poll thread after the fact. You have to do it in the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    What is max comp ratio for a blower of useful boost (say, 100 HP+) Some of the factory big-blocks you could order started at 10.5:1, apparently.

this is the edlebrock carb version of the same blower chevy uses on their ZR1. same Eaton rotors as you get in a brand new Camaro and the Shelby Mustang I think.

9.5/1 Compression up to 14 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    it depends on the cam. Static compression ratio is essentially a useless number, only dynamic matters.

Generally 9.5 static and 5-7 Lbs. of boost will put you in doable range on 93 octane with octane booster. on a roots set up. If switch to E-85 or do meth injection You can turn the wick up more.

I know a a guy running 11.5 static on 10 lbs of boost on a prcharger with 93 octane and methane injection in a late model 6 cyclinder camaro. he's never touched the engine internals. he's at over 500hp to the wheels.
    The new Zr1 Lt5 engines run 10/1 with an Eaton roots with 10lbs of boost and a warranty.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I'm teetering between the El Camino and the Malibu for two reasons.

The El Camino is already assembled and 30% cheaper so I'd have enough to upgrade the motor quickly.

But I come back to the fact that 1969 Chevelles don't exactly grow on trees and usually cost triple the current asking price.

I want to make the purchase this afternoon before the hawks come out on the weekend.

The Fairlane is really inexpensive, so I could easily purchase a rebuilt big block motor and drop it in for the difference between the Chevelle and it but then I'd have a fairlane and not a Chevelle or El Camino.

Both are just better cars in my opinion.
    (1)Malibu
    (2)El Camino
    (3)No

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    What is max comp ratio for a blower of useful boost (say, 100 HP+) Some of the factory big-blocks you could order started at 10.5:1, apparently.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X