Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lant3rn
    replied
    The real answer here is just to buy a new(er) challenger.

New cars are better in every way; from old muscle cars. except for aesthetic which is a personal choice. But even then you should just pick an old car whose body styling you like and just put a new drive train in it.
    Old cars are a headache. My old turbo 4 focus would blow the doors off all three old cars listed here. But those old v8s definitely sound nice I guess.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Runner up, 1982 Pontiac Firebird.
    Dumb. If he was going to go F-body it would be a Camaro.

If you gotta go Pontiac, go for the Trans Am, at least.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Runner up, 1982 Pontiac Firebird.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I've got an itchy finger to pull on this Bitchin' Camaro fund and three nice cars to choose from. There are no camaros in this list but these are all fantastic deals.

1. An all original 1966 El Camino with a 283 and automatic transmission. The body is near immaculate. Needs new paint but I consider that a good thing. The undercarriage is decent with a little rust in the usual places. Runs and drives like a champ. Interior is damn near perfect except a little dust in the instrument panel and a stain on the original upholstery. Original wheels, brakes, the works.

2. A great deal on a 1969 Ford Fairlane coup with a 302 and a manual transmission. Upholstery is shot but that's no big deal. Interior is otherwise good. Paint is good enough to be touched up inexpensively. Not a big fan of the 302 motor but I like the manual and it comes with a nice set of wheels. Literally half the price of the other two options.

3. A 1969 Chevy Malibu coup. Fresh rebuilt damn near good-as-new 396 with zero miles on it, 350 automatic transmission. Otherwise this vehicle is in all original condition except a little rust inside the rear left quarter panel. It's the most expensive for obvious reasons and there is one other catch. It's not assembled and is missing the upholstery. It has all the parts, all the trim and the motor, transmission are great. It will take a fair bit of work but on the other hand, after completion I could be driving one of the finest American vehicles made in a red letter year for fine American vehicles.

Let's put it to a vote.
    1967 Shelby Mustang GT500.

Only TRUE car buffs can tell me who owned this one.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I thought I already made that clear. What do I have to do, grow out a mullet and pass out in my own vomit on your lawn?
    Exactly...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Now that is an interesting statement.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Nothing screams white trash quite like an El Camino.
    I thought I already made that clear. What do I have to do, grow out a mullet and pass out in my own vomit on your lawn?

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    I got car-blocked today. I'll try again tomorrow. My best friend around here is a master mechanic and he was going to go around with me to look at the El Camino and the Chevelle and give me his opinion.

I don't believe the Chevelle is an original SS but it doesn't really matter to me much. The cool factor on a 69 Malibu is already dialed up to 11.

Leave a comment:

• lant3rn
    replied
    If you can find old 429 in good condition, and put it in the Fairlane, You basically have a Torino now.

Leave a comment:

• lant3rn
    replied
    By your descriptions I would go with the Fairlane and use the money saved to put a bigger engine in. The Fairlane is known to have less maintenance issues than the other two as well I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post
    I see no down side to this.

Now that bnet has spoken, I will say I support her opinion. My other half would not dare come home if he wasted money on this junk.

Also what are ‘big blocks’?
    Australia sells El Camino type cars today. They're called Utes there. They are quite popular.

They are made by Holden/ General Motors. these cars are branded as GTO, G6,G8 and chevy SS in America. we cant buy the UTE versions here.

Those have V8 LS engines.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I will double down here and say El Caminos are the crack whores of the American made car line. Like seriously someone thought "yes let's chop the back roof off of a shitty station wagon and sell the left over eye sore of a dumpster heap as a new car". Nothing screams white trash quite like an El Camino.
    pistols at dawn!....... or maybe like noon? I like to sleep in.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Also what are ‘big blocks’?
    In b4:

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Please tell me you're joking.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    But it's that very white-trash thing that makes them so attractive in the first place.

I mean, you could get a Ford Fairlane wagon, imagine putting a hot big block in one of those things. Talk about a sleeper...
    A Fairlane?? Jesus to make that aircraft carrier fast you would need this:

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X