Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Forward visibility is always a problem with blowers like that.

Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is a belt on the blower. It does not look to me like the pulley is moving in the video, but if it were, it might be going too fast to see.

Even more telling, though, is that the car is under acceleration (you have to watch the video), and the butterflies on the "bugcatcher" scoop are not open...

I don't know how they have it set up to run, but, I seriously doubt there is a functional roots supercharger on that motor.

Dung, try not to stain your pants...
    Depending on the engine and fuel system, you really don't need those butterflies to move much, at all.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Are you talking about forward visability, or are you referring to the fact that it looks (in shitty resolution) like there's no belt on that supercharger?
    Forward visibility is always a problem with blowers like that.

Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is a belt on the blower. It does not look to me like the pulley is moving in the video, but if it were, it might be going too fast to see.

Even more telling, though, is that the car is under acceleration (you have to watch the video), and the butterflies on the "bugcatcher" scoop are not open...

I don't know how they have it set up to run, but, I seriously doubt there is a functional roots supercharger on that motor.

Dung, try not to stain your pants...

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Anybody else notice a potential problem with this ?
    Are you talking about forward visability, or are you referring to the fact that it looks (in shitty resolution) like there's no belt on that supercharger?

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    This is the best compilation of muscle and pony cars on the internet. I love to post this video.

Who can spot their favorite? Mine is Jim Morrison, in the Mojave, with his Shelby GT500, having more fun than all of hell combined.

Trust me. if there was a single video that summed my whole world up, this is it. I might have Mrs. Rabbit inscribe the URL on my gravestone on Mount Sugarloaf.

I'm a rebel in the FDG
    And I say only God in heaven knows
    I'm a bad child, come and love me
    And I say, oh yeah

Anybody else notice a potential problem with this ?

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    That is a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Oh shit, what a car.

https://musclecars.howstuffworks.com...acuda-2732.htm

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/03/2019 10:54pm, .

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Wow I just had an inspiration to help you choose your next car.

You want old and powerful? 66 Plymouth CUDA!

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    had an 82
    This is the best compilation of muscle and pony cars on the internet. I love to post this video.

Who can spot their favorite? Mine is Jim Morrison, in the Mojave, with his Shelby GT500, having more fun than all of hell combined.

Trust me. if there was a single video that summed my whole world up, this is it. I might have Mrs. Rabbit inscribe the URL on my gravestone on Mount Sugarloaf.

I'm a rebel in the FDG
    And I say only God in heaven knows
    I'm a bad child, come and love me
    And I say, oh yeah

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/03/2019 10:39pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Damn you and your predicate logic. But you knew which one I meant.

You want some Z28?

1985 IROC-Z. The go to vehicle for Jersey shore beefcakes who want to hear purrs..

had an 82

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Not quite. The 82 TA was a Firebird, but not all 82 Firebirds were TAs.

TA was roughly equal to Camaro Z28, at the time.
    correct.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    If you can find the parts...unless you're cool dump diving. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't consider eBay a trustworthy source either and neither should you.

Do you want a real muscle car, or a pony?
    There are lots of parts for old muscle cars. It is a big industry.

And old trucks, too.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    My favorite vehicle of all time was the '84 Jimmy 4x4, though. I started driving that thing on the ranch when I was 12 or so. I think my mom brought it home just so I could joy ride in it, before I got my license. I'd head out at midnight or so, down 183 until I hit Lockhart, blaring KLBJ on that shitty little radio, then turn around and head home.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied

You want some Z28?

1985 IROC-Z. The go to vehicle for Jersey shore beefcakes who want to hear purrs..
    Somewhere around here is a pic of my '99 Z28, banana'd. Some asshole ran a red doing 50+ and t-boned me. I had to be cut out of the cabin.

That is the only car that I've owned, so far, that I've truly been in love with. 6-speed manual, before they went to the hydraulic clutches. 305 HP, stock. The SS went to 315 stock, iirc, but was basically the same (in fact, the VINs were indistinguishable, iirc). T-tops. Sexy lady.

From there, I went briefly to a Miata, I think that was the year they started calling them Mazda Speed M5's. Those are nifty little powerhouses. I scared the shit out of the dealer on the test drive, he didn't realize they were race cars, apparently. But, then I got married and started working on polluting the world with my offspring, so moved in to more conventional vehicles. Like the Millenia. Fuck, that was a nice car, and with balls, but a shitty radiator (replaced mine twice). Too bad they stopped making it. Third Mazda was a Tribute. That was an awesome truck, until I blew the side of the intake manifold off (not maintenance related).

Hondas get my vote for longevity. We've always had a Honda, and we're on our second. 19th anny is around the corner...

/diatribe

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I can do most easy repairs for old cars no problem and mostly that's all it usually is, is easy repairs. If it's too complicated, buy a new part, unbolt the old one, put on a new one.

The only thing that is going to cost me money is if it's easier to pay someone than to buy the equipment to do it myself.

This isn't my first rodeo. I had a car dealership before I decided to jump into the marijuana industry. That's how I made enough money to get into this ridiculously expensive business.
    If you can find the parts...unless you're cool dump diving. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't consider eBay a trustworthy source either and neither should you.

Do you want a real muscle car, or a pony?

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Not quite. The 82 TA was a Firebird, but not all 82 Firebirds were TAs.

TA was roughly equal to Camaro Z28, at the time.

You want some Z28?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X