Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    After watching that video I want to go look at the tachometer to see if it's the vintage model.

It's a 2 door, heavily modified and bored out V6 which I am told gets over 300 horsepower but I'm skeptical about that. Got it home in the dark and didn't have much time to fiddle around with it.

The interior looks bad but may be salvageable. Thinking about removing it, cleaning it and dropping it black dye for a few days. Needs a new headliner. Needs door panel covers, wood inserts are in now.

Has a quicksilver shifter and I don't know how I feel about that yet but it's not secured properly so that has to be worked on too.

Bucket seats, no bench.

There are some stickers and decals that I really don't like which must be removed ASAP.

Considering slowly transforming it into a daily driver gasser.

Edit: Also I don't like the rims much at all. Not my style but that can be changed easily.
    Sounds like you have something to keep you busy.

I looked up the 61 6. 300 hp would be a lot to get from a normally aspirated motor that small.

Man, they claimed 30+ mpg back in 61...

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Now you just need the body work..

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Also, I would have thought that you liked this car more because this is the car that became the Mustang.

Absolutely every internal that can fit in or on a 65 Mustang can fit on a Ford Falcon of this year. I can unbolt this motor right the fuck out and bolt a 302 straight in. Changing to a V8 Mustang 5 lug suspension takes about an hour because all the parts are the same.

I can even use a mustang steering wheel.
    lol, "Became the Mustang"?

Have you never seen Mad Max?

Your new car isn't quite the Last of the V8 Interceptors, but it's close enough to turn my engine..

I was just holding out for the Cuda. In fact I almost necrod this thread last night to ask, but you beat me to it.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/15/2019 2:16pm, .

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Yeah, but let's be realistic, the Mustang sucked until 67-69. It only became relevant again after 2010. Every other Mustang isn't worth it's weight in crab shit.
    2005, not 2010. S197 went from 2005-2014..

Have you ever even owned a Pony, bnet?

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Also, I would have thought that you liked this car more because this is the car that became the Mustang.

Absolutely every internal that can fit in or on a 65 Mustang can fit on a Ford Falcon of this year. I can unbolt this motor right the fuck out and bolt a 302 straight in. Changing to a V8 Mustang 5 lug suspension takes about an hour because all the parts are the same.

Yeah, but let's be realistic, the Mustang sucked until 67-69. It only became relevant again after 2010. Every other Mustang isn't worth it's weight in crab shit.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
    You know me. I'm a harsh judge.

It's no Barracuda, but then again, what is?

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post

You're not a classic car guy and it shows but that's OK.

A falcon is a small car with a lot of room under the trunk. Unlike a lot of cars from this era it is very light which makes it agile. Unlike small cars of today, it still has a lot of room in the cab as you can see from the video since Jay is pretty big dude and it generally has a lot of pep with a tiny amount of work.

These are very fun to drive and real head turners for guys who know what they are.

I've got to go out this morning and hit the autozone to get a battery and change the oil. I have a friend who is a master mechanic and we're going to put on some overalls and put it through it's paces a bit to try to identify a checklist of problems before the game this afternoon. That's the plan anyway. I was supposed to meet up earlier but I couldn't sleep last night due to the arrival of my early X-mas present.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    I knew what a 61 Falcon looks like,I want to see yours, you asshole.

Not you, the car...
    After watching that video I want to go look at the tachometer to see if it's the vintage model.

It's a 2 door, heavily modified and bored out V6 which I am told gets over 300 horsepower but I'm skeptical about that. Got it home in the dark and didn't have much time to fiddle around with it.

The interior looks bad but may be salvageable. Thinking about removing it, cleaning it and dropping it black dye for a few days. Needs a new headliner. Needs door panel covers, wood inserts are in now.

Has a quicksilver shifter and I don't know how I feel about that yet but it's not secured properly so that has to be worked on too.

Bucket seats, no bench.

There are some stickers and decals that I really don't like which must be removed ASAP.

Considering slowly transforming it into a daily driver gasser.

Edit: Also I don't like the rims much at all. Not my style but that can be changed easily.

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied
    Detroit back in the day!

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    I knew what a 61 Falcon looks like,I want to see yours, you asshole.

Not you, the car...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Have purchased car. It was none of the above because the Malibu deal fell through.

I start the process of fixing it up tomorrow beginning with restoring the interior. I can't decide if I should wait until it's done or if I should do progress updates or start a new thread because this title is now misleading.

I got a 1961 Ford Falcon.

It is an absolute beauty.

I was torn between this one and a 57 Chevy Bel Air but I missed the window of opportunity and this was my backup at a third of the price.

The Bel Air was great but I didn't like the root beer brown color. Gorgeous, just not my thing and I'm a little superstitious about changing cars too much from factory color. I'm just like that. It feels disrespectful.

It's too dark for photographs now but I'll put some up tomorrow.
    Hell yeah, fucking perfect ! Post pics you sickly motherfucker !
    That will teach the wife to not come see you first !

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Have purchased car. It was none of the above because the Malibu deal fell through.

I start the process of fixing it up tomorrow beginning with restoring the interior. I can't decide if I should wait until it's done or if I should do progress updates or start a new thread because this title is now misleading.

I got a 1961 Ford Falcon.

It is an absolute beauty.

I was torn between this one and a 57 Chevy Bel Air but I missed the window of opportunity and this was my backup at a third of the price.

The Bel Air was great but I didn't like the root beer brown color. Gorgeous, just not my thing and I'm a little superstitious about changing cars too much from factory color. I'm just like that. It feels disrespectful.

It's too dark for photographs now but I'll put some up tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    And, Sherilyn Fenn, the woman responsible for making Charlie Sheen believe he had tiger blood and Adonis DNA.
    I believed that, after watching her in Twin Peaks.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X