Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malibu, El Camino, Ford Fairlane. Don't know how to make this a poll thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
    It's easy.

Just imagine you're 17, and need a car for prom and you've only got about $500 bucks saved up from washing dishes for an Italian family restaurant. My friends called it the Ghetto Cruiser, I called it the Deer Crusher.

The best thing about American engines is that, properly maintained, they'll run for-ever. Not some high tech, off shore solid state junk like my wife's acoustic dampener...

I left that first car to rust away peacefully when I left for college. By the time I tried to drive her again, the entire undercarriage had rusted out from under.
    I almost bought one myself...

Actually was a Buick, but basically same vehicle.

I get that part.

Better than a Corolla or B-210 vs deer, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      I almost bought one myself...

Actually was a Buick, but basically same vehicle.

I get that part.

Better than a Corolla or B-210 vs deer, for sure.
      My mom loved her Buicks. She owned a beast or two. She had a Volvo once, but that thing was way too German for my tastes.

One of the best things about the 5G Mustangs like my 2005, the driver's side headroom (at the expense of passengers)

2004-, I could never fit in those comfortably. It's difficult for a tall guy like me to slide into Sunshine, and a couple of my knee pains might be due to Dukes of Hazzard style slides..but I digress. I never hit a deer with my Totoya, but if I had...forget deer in windshield. There'd have been deer in my teeth, and my teeth in the deer.

Comment

Speaking of which the G1 Falcons are missing a lot of federally mandated safety features not available until 1967. Dung's braking system is single circuit, for instance.
        No shit, it's a fucking death trap. Brakes on this one are already dangerously stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
          No shit, it's a fucking death trap. Brakes on this one are already dangerously stiff.
          Here's great news then. You can add safety features, including airbags, which should be priority one. When brakes fail, airbags sail.

Your model Falcon has a dangerous steering wheel too, so yeah get that thing the fuck out of there fast.

Comment

So they ran out of money for the interior or just racing?
            The factory interior they installed was ruined because they inadequately weatherproofed it and left it exposed to the elements. Headliner grew mold, had to go. Carpet may be salvageable if I pull it out and leave it soaking in soapy water for a few days. Thankfully the upholstery was covered by plastic.

Car is currently under a good waterproof car cover because I have to clean my garage to make room for it.

Edit:
            The interior needs to thoroughly dry out before I can really work on it though.

Comment

LOL at telling a boomer cancer survivor to be more careful.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Nutcracker, sweet! View Post
                LOL at telling a boomer cancer survivor to be more careful.
                Awww...how rude.

Comment

Originally posted by anthracite View Post
                  She's pretty. Named her yet?
                  It came with a name... but I don't like it.

Re-christening is high on the priority list.

I was thinking about calling it The Power Falcon after this sketch:

Comment

It came with a name... but I don't like it.

Re-christening is high on the priority list.

I was thinking about calling it The Power Falcon after this sketch:

The White Falcon.

Then when you repaint her, "The Black Falcon".

Eventually you'll get to metallic green.

Comment

Be careful not to use that naming pattern if you paint the car blue.

Comment

The White Falcon.

Then when you repaint her, "The Black Falcon".

Eventually you'll get to metallic green.
                        Definitely not going with the color scheme naming and definitely not repainting to different colors. I'm going to repair the existing paint, get rid of some of the things painted on the car like the cartoon characters that I cut out of the shots on purpose.

Definitely not going to black her out.

Edit: If I called it the white falcon I'd get the wrong kind of attention.

Edit 2: Would consider White Falcon if she were black. Because irony.

Edit 3: But would decide against it because Power Falcon is cooler. I'm really thinking about turning her into a gasser the more I think about it.
                        Last edited by Dung Beatles; 12/16/2019 1:16am, .

Comment

Definitely not going with the color scheme naming and definitely not repainting to different colors. I'm going to repair the existing paint, get rid of some of the things painted on the car like the cartoon characters that I cut out of the shots on purpose.

Definitely not going to black her out.

Edit: If I called it the white falcon I'd get the wrong kind of attention.

Edit 2: Would consider White Falcon if she were black. Because irony.
                          Gray and black is hot.

Mint green, though. Greased lightning.

Comment

Gray and black is hot.

Mint green, though. Greased lightning.
                            See, I already talked about this. Why would I want to disrespect my car like that? She's beautiful without being tarted up like some cheap whore.

Comment

I'll say...

It is a light car but...

170 cid, even 60 over..
                              For sure. I have no doubt the HP has been vastly overstated. I drove around in it all day. There's no way.

Comment

See, I already talked about this. Why would I want to disrespect my car like that? She's beautiful without being tarted up like some cheap whore.
                                A hot paint job is not cheap, nor whoreish.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X