The Ballad of Richard Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ballad of Richard Jewell

Coming this December to a theater near you.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...elease-1243923

I'm looking forward to see how the movie plays against how I remember that whole mess. Poor guy, just one in a long line of bodies Janet Reno left in her wake.
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Yeah, I remember feeling sorry for him. I was 25 and that's when I really began to understand media bias. This is why I despise social media viral news, but can laugh at anyone who says "we have never seen this before." Yes, the levels are higher, the medium is different, but the mob thinking mentality is still the same. It just hits a much wider audience.

Comment

The new trailers are making this look really good.

Comment

I know I'm biased on this, but Reno and the media skewered this guy, imho. I know the theatrical movie isn't going to be what really happened, but hopefully it's enough to raise awareness and get people to ask questions. Above trailer actually got me a little misty, thinking about it. Ruby Ridge, Atlanta, OKC, Waco... very turbulent time, for us.
        Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Traveling has been exposing me to all sorts of media, like the city newsprint magazines in Honolulu, LA, Flagstaff, Sedona, Austin, and now DC. Plus having more hours on the phone waiting for planes, away from work and normal chores, etc.

So l have read several reviews and the first had me thinking that ol’ Clint had embraced an extremely delusional right wing paranoid crazy position and that the movie unfairly attacked fair and reasonable people and the integrity of a hard working journalist.

I was then surprised to read several reviews that were positive and without obvious political bias. It was disconcerting, l had accepted the first and then realized that it represented the Deep State, or Hillary, or the Fake News or some leftist mindset that makes me very uncomfortable.
          "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Saw it yesterday evening with my lady friend and made sure we were at home and inside before the barrio guns began firing into the air. We both enjoyed it, and I, having worked in security and around law enforcement, was familiar with Richard Jewell types. I found this review to be quite accurate:

https://www.takimag.com/article/rich...ith-profiling/

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
              Saw it yesterday evening with my lady friend and made sure we were at home and inside before the barrio guns began firing into the air. We both enjoyed it, and I, having worked in security and around law enforcement, was familiar with Richard Jewell types. I found this review to be quite accurate:

Thanks for answering my unasked question.
              Last edited by It is Fake; 1/02/2020 2:54pm, .

Comment

Steve Seilor is a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                  Steve Seilor is a cunt
                  Are you black?

Comment

Are you black?
                    LOL. Why does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                      LOL. Why does it matter?
                      Sickle cell anemia risk.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                        Ruby Ridge, Atlanta, OKC, Waco... very turbulent time, for us.
                        Yeah, that was pretty rough. I knew a crazy guy that went to Waco because he claimed God told him he could get Kuresh to surrender. Instead he wound up doing what he normally did at home, which is standing around outside of it with a sign telling everyone they were going to hell. His son told me that last part.
                        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                          LOL. Why does it matter?
                          Sailer frequently writes about race and IQ and race and crime, and some people don't like him because of that. Truth be told, though, a lot of "woke" white people don't like him because of that either.

Comment

Sailer frequently writes about race and IQ and race and crime, and some people don't like him because of that. Truth be told, though, a lot of "woke" white people don't like him because of that either.

Comment

About lant3rn's possible blackness mattering? It doesn't really matter; I was just curious as to whether that was the root of his animus against Sailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X