Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Approved Shilling] Cowboy Novels and Winning an Argument with my Wife

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Lampa View Post
    In fairness, I am printing fiction in the hope of eventually turning a profit off it.

    Point taken and original edited.

    Edit: Or I would have, except you apparently can't edit the top post?
    There's a 45-minute edit window. I can make the change, if you would still like. You're still a Bully, even if you're inactive, so I would also take out the "former," part.

    And, congratulations!
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

    Comment


      #17
      If your forum account exists, you're still a member as far as I'm concerned.

      Comment


        #18
        Boom, guys. Made it by the skin of our teeth on that one. I just wanted to thank everyone for showing up. The text, images and formatting are all done and I've submitted the text for what image captions were left, so this is a finished product and will be going out to everyone as soon as the printing is done.

        Thanks again. This community is great. And, I guess I'm not former.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Lampa View Post
          Boom, guys. Made it by the skin of our teeth on that one. I just wanted to thank everyone for showing up. The text, images and formatting are all done and I've submitted the text for what image captions were left, so this is a finished product and will be going out to everyone as soon as the printing is done.

          Thanks again. This community is great. And, I guess I'm not former.
          I must be the dullest member of this forum; somehow I was so captivated by the artwork and concept that I missed the fact there was a Kickstarter fund.

          I will donate what little I can right now.

          I will also have to chat with you about how influenced you were by The Dark Tower, because if you weren't something is wrong in Mid-World.

          It also turns out I am an experienced copy editor, so any time you want someone to take the time to actually fix up your prose, I'm here. Free of charge.
          Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/10/2019 6:02pm, .
          '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

          My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Lampa View Post
            My wife overheard this and scoffed, since instamodels, who can squat more in high heels than I, can't actually get people to buy their swag. I'm not sure if my ego can handle being empirically bested by my SO. I will have to do all I can to crush her.
            '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

            My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
              I must be the dullest member of this forum; somehow I was so captivated by the artwork and concept that I missed the fact there was a Kickstarter fund.

              I will donate what little I can right now.

              I will also have to chat with you about how influenced you were by The Dark Tower, because if you weren't something is wrong in Mid-World.

              It also turns out I am an experienced copy editor, so any time you want someone to take the time to actually fix up your prose, I'm here. Free of charge.
              You know, it's funny, because the setting is owned by Oneshi press, whose founder and I go way back. It was my idea to do a traditional western series in it and we integrated elements of the setting into a more straight, old-west whodunit. I understand there are some similarities, and I did like The Gunslinger (book, not movie) quite a bit. But, it wasn't really a big influence. The writing style is actually way outside anything I've seen King do, though we are both big into creating fictional regional dialects.

              Edit: The stuff I write for Oneshi are generally edited by Lynsey Griswold. However, the next thing I'll likely finish is a graphic novel with another group. So, I might very well take you up on that. Thank you.
              Last edited by Lampa; 9/10/2019 6:16pm, .

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Lampa View Post

                Edit: The stuff I write for Oneshi are generally edited by Lynsey Griswold. However, the next thing I'll likely finish is a graphic novel with another group. So, I might very well take you up on that. Thank you.
                Make sure you post that bad boy up here too. Now that the ball is rolling, I must continue my Lampa collection.
                Combatives training log.

                Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

                Drum thread

                Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

                "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                  Make sure you post that bad boy up here too. Now that the ball is rolling, I must continue my Lampa collection.
                  Well, that one's funny. I will be done with the dialogue and directions portion of the project, any day now. But, then, since its a graphic novel, that stuff actually has to get drawn, and the artist is doing it solely as a passion project because we always talked about doing something, together. So, it may not be my next finished product. The premise is that a 1920's racketeer gets involved in the world of magical organized crime after a simple collections job goes sideways. Big, ugly protagonist with no patience for mysticism fucks up a bunch of fantasy characters with his Colt 1903- I'm sure BS would love it.

                  War and Horses is labeled "graphic novel" in the tag, but its actually a novel that heavily utilizes reference images, like the old dime novels its based on. And that took nearly a year between when I finished all the copy and when we had a complete book. But, hey, as we put out more stuff and more people take notice, it might give us the wherewithal to pick up the pace.

                  Short version: The next time I have something ready to go, BS will be the first to know.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Lampa View Post
                    Well, that one's funny. I will be done with the dialogue and directions portion of the project, any day now. But, then, since its a graphic novel, that stuff actually has to get drawn, and the artist is doing it solely as a passion project because we always talked about doing something, together. So, it may not be my next finished product. The premise is that a 1920's racketeer gets involved in the world of magical organized crime after a simple collections job goes sideways. Big, ugly protagonist with no patience for mysticism fucks up a bunch of fantasy characters with his Colt 1903- I'm sure BS would love it.
                    Harry Potter meets Goodfellas? <3
                    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

                    My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                    Comment


                      #25
                      BEAUTIFUL! Received, and I can't wait to read it!

                      Nicely done, Lampa!

                      (edit)How about a link to where the plebs can buy their own copy?
                      Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Nutcracker, sweet! View Post
                        BEAUTIFUL! Received, and I can't wait to read it!

                        Nicely done, Lampa!

                        (edit)How about a link to where the plebs can buy their own copy?

                        Good idea.

                        Behold, plebs! https://www.oneshipress.com/store/sh...ar-and-horses/

                        Incidentally, if anyone who got it wants to post a review, on the book's Goodreads page or anywhere else, I, like all writers, desperately need validation.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Got mine in the mail yesterday. Gonna start reading it today. It looks really good and I showed my name to my kids to prove to them that I'm famous.
                          Combatives training log.

                          Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

                          Drum thread

                          Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

                          "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X