Another Mass shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I will admit, I have been to several countries where racism was much more mainstream than the US.

It happens, particularly when those countries are much more homogenous than the U.S., or have particularly xenophobic cultures.
    Eastern Europe?

Comment

Fake mentioned he was looking forward to Chicago being discussed,

and I brought up the real year to date shooting numbers from Chicago.

That has nothing to do with this "lie about Chicago and the blacks killing everyone" that you have stated,

in that neither Fake nor I made that statement,

and neither Fake nor I told a lie in either of our posts regarding the matter.

You are the only one making that statement, although I will grant you that Ghost made a racist trolling comment.

Chicago gets mentioned because Chicago has very strict gun control laws but those laws have been widely unsuccessful in reducing murders or gun violence for that matter.

Racism is a concept that you seem to be tacking on.

Maybe others do it, but it was not part of the discussion about Chicago between Fake's post and mine,

until you and Ghost started making racist posts in one direction or the other.
      No, I brought up what is constantly making the rounds. You and danharr inserted the bullet points and narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
        ^this^

+ DC, NYC, LA and many other municipalities.

https://www.kosu.org/post/constituti...without-permit

on another front, the law has an attempted block by a vote of the people-

https://kfor.com/2019/08/29/official...fore-deadline/

Real numbers forthcoming.
        Fake mentioned he was looking forward to Chicago being discussed,

and I brought up the real year to date shooting numbers....

Chicago gets mentioned because Chicago has very strict gun control laws but those laws have been widely unsuccessful in reducing murders or gun violence for that matter.
        Thank you both for making my point and puposefully ignoring the sarcasm.

You both just did exactly what I am talking about.

Chicago gets mentioned for anything and everything. The point you both just raised applies to GUN BANS, crime and curbing specific city violence. Chicago's strict laws and what they do in their city should not be addressed when talking about another Mass Shootings like this one. Instead of talking about why this fucked in the head generation keeps killing people like a video game, ignoring what it says about the generation who raised them, at some point Chicago gets brought up as a major deflection.

Person: 29 people died in a couple of mass shootings over the weekend.
        Rebuttal: yeah, but 56 people died in Chicago over the weekend.

No, it has nothing to do with stats, laws or any other garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post

Chicago gets mentioned for anything and everything. The point you both just raised applies to GUN BANS, crime and curbing specific city violence. Chicago's strict laws and what they do in their city should not be addressed when talking about another Mass Shootings like this one. Instead of talking about why this fucked in the head generation keeps killing people like a video game, ignoring what it says about the generation who raised them, at some point Chicago gets brought up as a major deflection.

So, moral decay, family break down, bad parenting? What?

?

What garbage?

What answers?

Your thread. What says you?
          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Pardon,

Thought we were in the Armory.

But found we're in Stupidity.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
              So, moral decay, family break down, bad parenting? What?

?

What garbage?

What answers?

Your thread. What says you?

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                Eastern Europe?
                Japan and Korea and some of the Arab countries were what I was thinking of.
                But I could point out a couple Eastern European countries that treat the Romani people harshly to your point.
                Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 9/01/2019 4:48am, .

Comment

Narcissistic?

https://www.okhistory.org/publicatio...hp?entry=ED003

USPS letter carrier Patrick H. Sherrill, a "disgruntled postal worker," fit the profile of a potential mass killer. A socially inept loner, he was unable to hold a job for long and blamed management for his problems. His fascination with guns was fed by service in the U.S. Marines and active participation in the Oklahoma Air National Guard, in which he became a small-arms expert. Frustrated at being formally disciplined by his postal supervisor several times, Sherrill had on two occasions threatened revenge. After receiving a reprimand on August 19, he reported to work on the morning of August 20 armed with three semiautomatic pistols and ammunition. He entered the facility, shot his supervisor to death, and tracked his co-workers through the building, killing fourteen and wounding six. He then killed himself.

Comment

Point made.

Bad parenting in many if not most cases.

Comment

Sure it does.

If one is data driven, utilitarian, and empirical in prioritizing resources, focus, laws, and funding to address murders, and violence.

Mass shootings of the definition you refer to represent 1% of all annual firearm deaths in the U.S., and therefore should get 1% of the focus, funding, and resources, and should always be discussed in context of the rest of the 99% of the firearm deaths pie.

And firearm murders should always be discussed in the context of murders.

And firearm suicides should always be talked about in the larger context of suicides.

If a mass murder is a deliberate act of terror or madness, then it also must be talked about in the larger context of terrorism or madness.
                      Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 9/01/2019 7:43am, .

Comment

Sure it does.

If one is data driven, utilitarian, and empirical in prioritizing resources, focus, laws, and funding to address murders, and violence.

Mass shootings of the definition you refer to represent 1% of all annual firearm deaths in the U.S., and therefore should get 1% of the focus, funding, and resources, and should always be discussed in context of the rest of the 99% of the firearm deaths pie.

And firearm murders should always be discussed in the context of murders.

And firearm suicides should always be talked about in the larger context of suicides.

If a mass murder is a deliberate act of terror or madness, then it also must be talked about in the larger context of terrorism or madness.
                        Cute, but no.

People single out and discuss only one point all of the time.

People discuss gang shootings, you’ve done it on this website, without EVER discussing Mass Shootings or suicides.
                        So, no, you can discuss one type of shooting without delving into poverty, gangs, length, amount or Chicago.

I, nor the OP, said “how do we curb gun violence” or “ why are there so many Mass Shootings.” Then everything you tried to bring in is relevant.

Right now, you are engaged in but what about Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          You would be surprised. Modern social media is absolute hell. Instagram is particularly bad.
                          A friendly suggestion: Unless you have extenuating circumstances (business owner, family situation that requires it), get rid of your social media. Make your world smaller. I did it awhile ago and am much happier for it.
                          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                            A friendly suggestion: Unless you have extenuating circumstances (business owner, family situation that requires it), get rid of your social media. Make your world smaller. I did it awhile ago and am much happier for it.
                            I already got rid of facebook.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X