Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bullshido Podcast Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Bullshido Podcast Thread

    Extreme beta version, for your consideration.



    Things to fix:
    1) intro/outro - YT already claimed it just on the 10 seconds of audio. there's either a fight or a change, not sure
    2) intro/outro - that's a low-res version of the logo animation, I needed something to attach the audio to, but video's still in development
    3) audio mismatching - yeah, intro came in strong, and then got into our wimpy voices. Part of that is I missed a set of filters; part of that is I suck.
    4) need transition/filler material - a couple of cuts were just too close together and it's hard to make sense where the conversation turns happened
    5) live stream options being tested soon
    6) call-in options being tested soon
    7) I think it's too long. I cut some great material to get under 40. Maybe we'll do a bloopers/outtakes episode at some point.
    8) Phrost's mic was a little hot, in the beginning. I nudged it down after about 10 minutes. Like I said, I suck - totally wasn't watching the vu meters early or often enough.

    Lay it on. What can we do better/different/etc.?
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    #2
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Extreme beta version, for your consideration.



    Things to fix:
    1) intro/outro - YT already claimed it just on the 10 seconds of audio. there's either a fight or a change, not sure
    2) intro/outro - that's a low-res version of the logo animation, I needed something to attach the audio to, but video's still in development
    3) audio mismatching - yeah, intro came in strong, and then got into our wimpy voices. Part of that is I missed a set of filters; part of that is I suck.
    4) need transition/filler material - a couple of cuts were just too close together and it's hard to make sense where the conversation turns happened
    5) live stream options being tested soon
    6) call-in options being tested soon
    7) I think it's too long. I cut some great material to get under 40. Maybe we'll do a bloopers/outtakes episode at some point.

    Lay it on. What can we do better/different/etc.?
    I don't know whether or not it is due to low res of posted intro, but the red on top of the "Bullshido" looks too dark. It does not really stand out.

    Go for arterial rather than venous red ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      1) intro/outro - YT already claimed it just on the 10 seconds of audio. there's either a fight or a change, not sure
      Fighting it, we'll see...

      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

      Comment


        #4
        I think I'm doing messing around with the intro animation, rendering it now. I only have a shitty home-gamer CUDA card, so it's going to take 4.5 hours to render 17 seconds of video.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          ...I only have a shitty home-gamer CUDA card, so it's going to take 4.5 hours to render 17 seconds of video.
          Punk ass bitch.
          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

          Comment


            #6
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

            Comment


              #7
              "this video is unavailable"
              go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                "this video is unavailable"
                Break out the Holy Hand Grenade, we are under attack !
                Falling for Judo since 1980

                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                  "this video is unavailable"
                  User error: corrected.
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Had a great time waxing philosophical and generally yucking it up with jnp and Phrost. I'll try to turn the audio post around by tomorrow afternoon.

                    We have some fantastic ideas for future episodes, not just bullshittin' ad-hoc style; some of that will make it into the final cut, I think.

                    You have request? You make request here. Maybe we do request, too.

                    (edit) don't tell Omega we did a second episode without him.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                      Had a great time waxing philosophical and generally yucking it up with jnp and Phrost. I'll try to turn the audio post around by tomorrow afternoon.

                      We have some fantastic ideas for future episodes, not just bullshittin' ad-hoc style; some of that will make it into the final cut, I think.

                      You have request? You make request here. Maybe we do request, too.

                      (edit) don't tell Omega we did a second episode without him.
                      Ne Obliviscaris

                      Comment


                        #12
                        We're up to episode 0.5. Post production on that should be done this evening. Other one is linked up a bit higher in this thread. I suppose I should move Podcast related stuff to own thread.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          How thick are the Texican accents ? I will listen just for that...
                          Falling for Judo since 1980

                          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            How thick are the Texican accents ? I will listen just for that...
                            jnp has got a little bit more than me, but overall, the accents are not bad at all.
                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                              You have request? You make request here. Maybe we do request, too.
                              Bullshido roots from McDojo and how it came to be. I know it's out there in threads, but buried way deep.

                              Bizarre moments, posters and happenings in the history of the site.

                              What the hell happened to the core mission of fraud busting? I know we lost credibility after the Cy debacle. Hell, I used to do a fair bit with the cat on military records. Given, the time since that the information age has been accessible has without a doubt caught up to the majority of the worst.

                              and

                              What the hell happened to Mad Cow Quarantine?
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X