This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    There are plenty of bodily functions on youtube. You just have to be classy.

If you run power tools people tend to notice less,
    TOT has way high production value. He gives me a grander appreciation of what it takes to be an independent, low-budget producer. I really like his stuff, regardless of the content, which is also great.

AvE is where I go for fart jokes, though. I am now a patron of his.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Effective editing is knowing the difference between a dramatic pause and an extended breath.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Our next episode, to be recorded this week, will debut my new Phrost Buttons. Too bad the production video went to shit, but the devices work perfectly. Pop-free mic cut-out momentary switches, attached inline, near the mics. Will definitely help keep all the farting and burping out of the stream.

Talent is still being worked out, but we're hoping for some.

And, we have an episode in queue... hopefully releasing, soon.

I'm still working out some minor audio details, and we intend to add video in the near future; have spent several days working on cut scenes and such. Overall, things are moving along.

I have a side project in the works, too - you can think of it as these forums, extended to audio and video. Details to come as I invent them.

Thanks for listening and supporting, all 12 of you (you know who you are, don't make me call out names). Make sure to like/subscribe/bow down/whatever on whichever platform you are using.

Comment

We are live...

Pardon the multiple technical difficulties... learning curve is steep.

Comment

No sound?
            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Suddenly hearing sound @ 908 ET.
              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

Umph... Lesson learned, apparently only the most recent 2 hours of the live stream are kept. Which is OK, because we had some nasty problems in the beginning, but I think there was some good content lost, too.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                  Umph... Lesson learned, apparently only the most recent 2 hours of the live stream are kept. Which is OK, because we had some nasty problems in the beginning, but I think there was some good content lost, too.
                  Conspiracy-

Phrost ordered it suppressed because the site's top sponsor has ties to both George Soros, and Donald Trump.

Change my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    Conspiracy-

Phrost ordered it suppressed because the site's top sponsor has ties to both George Soros, and Donald Trump.

Change my mind...

Makes sense.
                    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                    Originally posted by Devil
                    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

I don't know the tech behind how Youtube makes this shit happen, but now the full length video is up, and just most of the audio from first hour is missing. WTF?

Comment

I don't know the tech behind how Youtube makes this shit happen, but now the full length video is up, and just most of the audio from first hour is missing. WTF?
                        Turns out it was operator error. I won't go into the details, but I was able to reproduce and confirm. Fuck me. Anyways, I updated the video description with a link to after the first break, when I got things fully operational.

Anywho, thanks to Gonzo for giving me an excuse. That was an impromptu shoot, and I wasn't going to do it without a second.

I'm planning on making the Tuesday stream a regular thing, starting next Tuesday. Working title is "Members Only, with submessenger." I'll be inviting forum members on to shoot the shit or whatever on a regular basis.

Comment

I say "like," and "right," too much. Will work on that.

Also, the audio mix was garbage. Sounded perfect in the monitor. I'll have to toy around with that a bit.

Comment

Also, the audio mix was garbage. Sounded perfect in the monitor. I'll have to toy around with that a bit.
                            Now you're the most over-worked and under-appreciated man in show business: the sound guy.
                            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

It's helpful to use a separate independent listening station (phone, tablet etc) that isn't part of your broadcasting/streaming rig.

That way you'll be able to distinguish between what you think is being heard, and what actually makes it to the ears of others.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                                It's helpful to use a separate independent listening station (phone, tablet etc) that isn't part of your broadcasting/streaming rig.

That way you'll be able to distinguish between what you think is being heard, and what actually makes it to the ears of others.
                                Everything goes through the analog board before it ships, on the current setup. But, I get your point. I've done a couple hidden streams to tweak things. Will probably do a few more, because I'm not yet pleased with the final.

But, now that I've solved the mystery whine (cheap USB cables, ffs) I can be more elaborate with the setup, too. Last night, I rolled with what I "knew" was working. I'll spend Friday maybe working out the new paradigm.

Hoping for live video by end of year. Taking some props over, tonight, in preparation for that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X