X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julian Assange arrested in London

Julian Assange arrested in London.

Yes he was shouting “ THE UK MUST RESIST THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION “

I’m not sure what he is expecting to happen.

He is such a public figure he is hardly going to be shipped to Guantanamo and water boarded .

I used to be pro Wikileaks and to some extent I still am but with great power comes great responsibility and they have behaved irresponsibley just as the media have when they put “the scoop” above everything else.

Locking yourself in an embassy for 7 years makes you look guilty in my humble opinion and I’m interested to know what exactly made him feel he had to do that.
    King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
      Yes he was shouting “ THE UK MUST RESIST THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION “

I’m not sure what he is expecting to happen.

He is such a public figure he is hardly going to be shipped to Guantanamo and water boarded .

I used to be pro Wikileaks and to some extent I still am but with great power comes great responsibility and they have behaved irresponsibley just as the media have when they put “the scoop” above everything else.

Locking yourself in an embassy for 7 years makes you look guilty in my humble opinion and I’m interested to know what exactly made him feel he had to do that.
      Wasn't it Obama that originally wanted him drawn and quartered??

Comment

Most if not all US Intel and the military wants him hog tied, and rightly so.

Manning to Assange to Stone. Huh. Just 2 degrees.

I hope he flips on Roger Stone for a deal. That make my DECADE.
        '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

They go hardest on the thought criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
            Yes, Snowden, with Assange’s assistance

exposed that Obama’s Intelligence Chiefs lied in their testimony to Congress

about not spying indiscriminately on the domestic American public,

Including spying on the members of Congress,

and spying on members of the Judiciary,

Including spying on the leaders of the opposite political party to that of Obama, the sitting President.

Assange in a separate leak, also exposed that Obama’s IRS was specifically targeting the members of political groups that opposed Obama such as the Tea Party for extra tax audit selection.

All of this was proven to be true and is now a matter of public record, although strangely, no prosecutions occurred, nor were initiated.

Obama is handsome, charismatic, speaks sweet words, but his administration did some amazingly illegal things and to date got away with it.
            Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 4/11/2019 8:34am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
              They go hardest on the thought criminals.
              Lol...He's not a thought criminal, he's a real one.

Conspiring with Russian intelligence and using US military personnel to steal classified intelligence are real crimes.

Hiding out and evading justice for 7 years is just the icing.
              '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Comment

Next you're going to tell us Edward Snowden isn't an admitted Russian intelligence asset currently hiding in Moscow.

Or that Julian Assange was "cleared" of sex charges in Sweden..

One thing I've learned about Mendax's cult, they will lie through their teeth to defend him no matter what.

No wonder Trump "loves Wikileaks".
                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/11/2019 8:25am, .

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                  Next you're going to tell us Edward Snowden isn't an admitted Russian intelligence asset currently hiding in Moscow.
                  Snowden ended up in Moscow because the U.S. canceled his passport while he trying to stay on the move long enough for his leaks to be verified.

He has said many times that he will return to the U.S. if he is assured he will get a public, transparent, trial.

In any case, it does not matter, the illegal behavior by the government that Snowden alerted the public to was verified as true, and Obama was forced to backpedal and admit publicly that it was true.
                  Or that Julian Assange was "cleared" of sex charges in Sweden..
                  What do the charges that Assange took off a condom during sex have to do with the Snowden leaks or the Obama IRS political targeting of audits?

Nothing...
                  One thing I've learned about Mendax's cult, they will lie through their teeth to defend him no matter what.
                  You are describing how you operate.

If Assange gets prosecuted for taking off condoms while having sex with women against their consent regarding condomless sex, that is not something that I am going to defend Assange about.

If Assange gets prosecuted for the Bradley Manning leaks, that is not something that I am going to defend Assange about, in fact, he deserves what he gets for that.

If Assange gets prosecuted for Snowden's leaks, that is more complicated.

The Government in that case was operating very illegally,

and several intelligence agencies and the IRS under the Obama administration

either were operating in a rogue manner,

or with the blessing of President Obama,

were violating the Constitution on massive scales.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                    Yes and Trump got it done .

Will be hilarious if he goes easy on him as a thank you.
                    King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

Assange in a separate leak, also exposed that Obama’s IRS was specifically targeting the members of political groups that opposed Obama such as the Tea Party for extra tax audit selection.

All of this was proven to be true and is now a matter of public record, although strangely, no prosecutions occurred, nor were initiated.
                      This is one of those things that I know a bit about and in my opinion it's a mischaracterization of what happened.

The parties that were "targeted" weren't targeted because they were in the wrong political party according to the IRS. They were targeted due putting political names on non-profit organizations which led the IRS to suspect that they didn't meet the standards to receive tax benefits of being a non-profit.

Which is more likely, a sweeping conspiracy with a bipartisan political spectrum of IRS investigators investigating bipartisan financial crimes or people giving the IRS a legitimate reason to investigate them by making blatant political statements and then trying to claim to be a non-political active charity or non-profit organization.

So no, it was NOT proven to be true. The IRS can audit anyone for any reason and naming your charity the Tea Party Fund to Persecute the Gay Welsh is as good a reason as any.

Companies and politicians abuse the living shit out of the tax code to make tax shelters that they are not entitled to.

A tax cheat is a tax cheat.

To be perfectly clear, according to the IRS and the evidence they provided this was not a concentrated effort to investigate Republicans or Obama's rivals. It was a concentrated effort to target political orgs that were gaming the tax code. The charge that Obama directed them to do it really just sounds like a whole lot of politicians got their fingers caught in the cookie jar of their own re-election machinations.

I don't like Obama but I think this charge is most likely false given the evidence.
                      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
                        Yes and Trump got it done .

Will be hilarious if he goes easy on him as a thank you.
                        BTW, I do not like being forced in the position of having to defend Obama. I think he was grossly incompetent in many ways but I don't believe he directed the IRS to crack down on Republicans though he may have directed the IRS to crack down on political campaigns using fallacious tax filings to avoid paying taxes.

Edit: In which case, i support that because fuck the electioneering industrial complex. The people that work these campaigns don't give a shit about who they're supporting or what their intentions are.

Manafort and Devine both propped up Russia in the Ukraine. These fuckers would literally sell arsenic to children if they could call it candy.
                        Last edited by Dung Beatles; 4/11/2019 11:13am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                          This is one of those things that I know a bit about and in my opinion it's a mischaracterization of what happened.

The parties that were "targeted" weren't targeted because they were in the wrong political party according to the IRS. They were targeted due putting political names on non-profit organizations which led the IRS to suspect that they didn't meet the standards to receive tax benefits of being a non-profit.

Which is more likely, a sweeping conspiracy with a bipartisan political spectrum of IRS investigators investigating bipartisan financial crimes or people giving the IRS a legitimate reason to investigate them by making blatant political statements and then trying to claim to be a non-political active charity or non-profit organization.

So no, it was NOT proven to be true. The IRS can audit anyone for any reason and naming your charity the Tea Party Fund to Persecute the Gay Welsh is as good a reason as any.

Companies and politicians abuse the living shit out of the tax code to make tax shelters that they are not entitled to.

A tax cheat is a tax cheat.

To be perfectly clear, according to the IRS and the evidence they provided this was not a concentrated effort to investigate Republicans or Obama's rivals. It was a concentrated effort to target political orgs that were gaming the tax code. The charge that Obama directed them to do it really just sounds like a whole lot of politicians got their fingers caught in the cookie jar of their own re-election machinations.

I don't like Obama but I think this charge is most likely false given the evidence.

Disagree

Cause Lois Lerner and her testimony. Oh, wait, lack of. Cause plead the fifth. Repeatedly.
                          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                            BTW, I do not like being forced in the position of having to defend Obama. I think he was grossly incompetent in many ways but I don't believe he directed the IRS to crack down on Republicans though he may have directed the IRS to crack down on political campaigns using fallacious tax filings to avoid paying taxes.
                            Which just happened to be Republican supporting orgs ?

You know how this stuff works, and I'm not saying it's just Democrats that do it. Way of the world...
                            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                              Which just happened to be Republican supporting orgs ?

You know how this stuff works, and I'm not saying it's just Democrats that do it. Way of the world...

The truth is that it was a mixed bag from across the political spectrum. Liberal orgs were investigated as well.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X