Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julian Assange arrested in London

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    FTFY.

    To make an omelette you need to break eggs.

    Giving the eggs to Russian military intelligence means Putin eats your omellet.

    Comment


      #47
      I like how Assange's lawyer is defending him as a "journalist". You want GASLIGHTING? This is how it works.

      Yeah because that's how journalists get scoops...they find a mole inside the security perimeter with access to compartmentalized intelligence, not even in their own area, vacuum as much of it up as possible and then publish it in mass.

      Diplomatic cables, troop movements, covert military actions, clandestine operations.

      What a fucking hero. No wonder Snowden is all over Twitter today denouncing the United States and United Kingdoms as evil empires, while he dines on top shelf wodka, caviar, and call girls.

      Frreeeeeeeedom. Tonight, I am gonna party. I feel the need to celebrate this arrest. So do a lot of veteran civil servants who want this harmful ten+ year trend of Russian influence inside the US ended.
      Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/11/2019 2:08pm, .

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
        I like how Assange's lawyer is defending him as a "journalist". You want GASLIGHTING? This is how it works.

        Yeah because that's how journalists get scoops...they find a mole inside the security perimeter with access to compartmentalized intelligence, not even in their own area, vacuum as much of it up as possible and then publish it in mass.

        Diplomatic cables, troop movements, covert military actions, clandestine operations.

        What a fucking hero. No wonder Snowden is all over Twitter today denouncing the United States and United Kingdoms as evil empires, while he dines on top shelf wodka, caviar, and call girls.

        Frreeeeeeeedom. Tonight, I am gonna party. I feel the need to celebrate this arrest. So do a lot of veteran civil servants who want this harmful ten+ year trend of Russian influence inside the US ended.
        No disagreement, there. As he is a foreign national, I also question his rights to a fair and open court trial, as Snowden is demanding. Bradley Manning should have received mandatory decapitation, not elective depenisation.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

        Comment


          #49
          If anything bothers me about this issue, it's the lionization of Snowden and Mendax that has occurred since, via Hollywood etc.

          There have been, top of my head, at least 3 movies and one documentary all of which have painted both as freedom fighting heroes.

          Nary a Russian handler in sight. No mention of the fallout that comes with tearing open and leaking information about Intel networks and human assets.

          If all you knew we're those movies (Oliver Stone did one..)....you might actually believe all the bullshit in them.

          I know this because many people still think "JFK" was also a real expose documentary, rather than what it was (largely fiction).

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
            We are a nation of laws.

            Supporting the laws of the United States doesn't make anyone a bootlicker.

            I'm not going to address any trolling with respect to relitigating issues of national security, other than to keep pointing out:

            Edward Snowden was and still is a Russian state intelligence asset

            Julian Assange skipped bail in the UK, conspired to steal US military secrets, avoided charges in Sweden (which may be reinstated), and conspired with RMI to hack the Democratic National Commitee. And so is clearly (along with his co-conspirators) also a Russian intelligence asset.

            And, these two men enjoy the love of the IRA and other information warfare units working against US interests. They are the good guys, right ? Even though they helped our enemies, damaged the country, and got people killed.

            Keep blowing smoke up my ass.
            The Patriot act is unconstitutional, unethical, and authoritarian in nature. Endorsing it is bootlicking. Why not get a thin blue line bumper sticker while you're at it.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
              The Patriot act is unconstitutional, unethical, and authoritarian in nature. Endorsing it is bootlicking. Why not get a thin blue line bumper sticker while you're at it.
              Nice opinion. I guess you support terrorist comm and moving around more easily.

              Which US citizens not associated with global terrorism went to a gulag again because of USAPATRIOT?

              Because according to Snowden, we should have put Siberia to shame by now.

              Na, I just know you've read a lot of anti-govenrment propaganda, especially from Russian agents and assets like Snowden.

              Sad. There are few dangers to the US worse than the Cult of Snowden and the Cult of Mendax.

              But there's hope for you, bud!! I'm pretty decent at cult deprogramming.
              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/11/2019 3:14pm, .

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                Nice opinion. I guess you support terrorist comm and moving around more easily.

                Which US citizens not associated with global terrorism went to a gulag again because of USAPATRIOT?

                Because according to Snowden, we should have put Siberia to shame by now.
                Do you also support prism? And are you aware of the bits of the Patriot act that allow for the secret arrest and detention of anyone suspected of engaging in terrorist activity for long periods of time? Are you aware of how it can be used to surveil people with up to three degrees of separation from terror suspects with secret warrants that include phone taps?

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                  Do you also support prism? And are you aware of the bits of the Patriot act that allow for the secret arrest and detention of anyone suspected of engaging in terrorist activity for long periods of time? Are you aware of how it can be used to surveil people with up to three degrees of separation from terror suspects with secret warrants that include phone taps?
                  Yes to all of the above.

                  You know we have OTHER laws to protect people in the US right?

                  Your privacy does not Trump national security. Ever.

                  Like I just said, find me the secret gulags full of people unrighteously imprisoned, and we can chat.

                  Otherwise you are just another conspiracy theorist peddling other conspiracy theorists as American heroes (even though one fled to Moscow and the other caused deaths of people working on behalf of the US).

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    Yes to all of the above.

                    You know we have OTHER laws to protect people in the US right?

                    Your privacy does not Trump national security. Ever.

                    Like I just said, find me the secret gulags full of people unrighteously imprisoned, and we can chat.

                    Otherwise you are just another conspiracy theorist peddling other conspiracy theorists as American heroes (even though one fled to Moscow and the other caused deaths of people working on behalf of the US).
                    The problem is that the definition of terrorist is so vague that the government can slap that label on pretty much anyone it doesn't like. Prism and the Patriot act are ripe for abuse, and the Snowden leaks showed that the government is already doing as much by having prism send data related to drug transactions to federal agencies that would them work backwards to build a case against people while never revealing the fact to the court that the investigation was triggered by warrantless mass surveillance. This clearly runs contrary to the 4th amendment no matter how you slice it. Secret surveillance courts, secret prisons, and secret interpretations of laws are all hallmarks of an authoritarian state. How much surveillance would you endorse for the sake of national security? Banning encryption without government backdoors? Forced usage of government ID for all internet communications? A back door into everyone's Amazon Alexa that the government can access without a warrant? Either way, the moment you stated that national security always trumps individual privacy was the moment that my claims of you being a bootlicker were absolutely correct.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Guantanamo is the top of the iceberg. I recommend reading up on why Norway/Sweden no longer allow CIA rendition flights to go through their airports.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                        Guantanamo is the top of the iceberg. I recommend reading up on why Norway/Sweden no longer allow CIA rendition flights to go through their airports.
                        I recommend you come back to planet Earth and stop defending foreign agent and enemy intrusions into the Department of Defense.

                        Then we could have a rational discourse. Until then you're working against US interests, not for them.

                        Real journalists do that. "Enemy of the People", remember ?

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          The problem is that the definition of terrorist is so vague that the government can slap that label on pretty much anyone it doesn't like.
                          Post the definition, show us the "vague" parts, then show me who they've slapped it on that wasn't a terrorist.

                          Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          Prism and the Patriot act are ripe for abuse
                          But they weren't because USAPATRIOT operates within a framework of laws. It doesn't trump the Bill of Rights.

                          Again, JUST SHOW ME the long list of abused US citizens, and their stories. What you have is the Kremlin's narrative.

                          Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          , and the Snowden leaks showed that the government is already doing as much by having prism send data related to drug transactions to federal agencies that would them work backwards to build a case against people while never revealing the fact to the court that the investigation was triggered by warrantless mass surveillance. This clearly runs contrary to the 4th amendment no matter how you slice it. Secret surveillance courts, secret prisons, and secret interpretations of laws are all hallmarks of an authoritarian state. How much surveillance would you endorse for the sake of national security? Banning encryption without government backdoors? Forced usage of government ID for all internet communications? A back door into everyone's Amazon Alexa that the government can access without a warrant? Either way, the moment you stated that national security always trumps individual privacy was the moment that my claims of you being a bootlicker were absolutely correct.
                          Nope. National security has, and always will trump your privacy, and it has nothing to do with me supporting law enforcement.

                          What is correct is you are butthurt about never getting to be a cop or something like that.

                          I can relate. I turned down jobs at the NSA for love. I also didn't go into law enforcement for the same reason.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Holy shit. Opposing mass surveillance without a warrant is Russian propaganda. That is an elite tier of statism. Holy fuck.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                              Holy shit. Opposing mass surveillance without a warrant is Russian propaganda. That is an elite tier of statism. Holy fuck.
                              If intelligence or counterintelligence required warrants, you'd be speaking German right now and wearing a brown shirt.

                              Warrants are used in SPECIFIC instances where the law deems necessary. Like to protect an individual from unwarranted (pun intended) government prosecution.

                              The FISA court, for example, is a specific instance of control put into place because Richard Nixon tried to use the DOJ as his personal army of spooks.

                              Yep, you live in an elite state. Get with the program or that long era is going to end and you'll be speaking Mandarin (don't worry, I've got a 10 year head start on you and we can learn it together).
                              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/11/2019 4:06pm, .

                              Comment


                                #60
                                It doesn't matter what language we speak if we have just as little freedom as they do.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X