Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brokesit - can somebody please explain this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokesit - can somebody please explain this?

I'm tired, and lazy, and was hoping for one of you limey bastards to explain in 10 sentences or less WTF is going on with Brexit.

From my perspective, there was a vote for UK to leave the EU. That was like three years ago. And, they still haven't left the EU, due to partisan bickering. I would just like a better understanding, so that I can be appropriately assholish when we start talking about this in detail.

TIA!
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

David Cameron put out a vote for the leaving of the European union as a bluff because he didn't think the British people would go for it. Yobs not realising it was a bluff called him on it and voted to leave with out actually understanding what they voted for or even reading what they voted for.

David Cameron jumped ship leaving it to Teresa May to sort out and a bunch of confused MPs trying to sort something out that they didn't plan for at all.

Three years later we still have no idea what to do but we're now stuck in the bind that trying to go back on it would basically say fuck you to democracy, going forward with it would be like jumping down a creek while some arse hole as nicked both the boat and the paddle...
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Brexit is the equivalent of kneecapping ones self just to see what happens. Only to realise you did it in the middle of the woods.

Hence the proverb, if an idiot kneecaps himself in the woods and no one is there to hear it... Does any one actually give a fuck?
      "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        I would just like a better understanding, so that I can be appropriately assholish when we start talking about this in detail.
        De Gaulle was right.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
          De Gaulle was right.
          You went there!
          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

http://www.sociocide.com/forums/show...xit-Yay-or-Nay
            "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
              Brexit is the equivalent of kneecapping ones self just to see what happens. Only to realise you did it in the middle of the woods.

Hence the proverb, if an idiot kneecaps himself in the woods and no one is there to hear it... Does any one actually give a fuck?
              Were there not a few voters for leaving that were against non-elected officials from the Union setting the rules for the Queen's populace and the Union in general?

Wrong thread but, England used to be a powerhouse of industry. Labor unions were in part, part of her downfall. The rise of cheap Asian products, at the time mostly Japanese, were anther big hit.

Outsider looking in. Europe gave the EU more power over the member nations than it should have. A loose confederation of allies would have been more fluid, prosperous and able to make decisions at the local level. Something along the line of our state and federal distinctions.

again

Outside, looking in.
              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

David Cameron put out a vote for the leaving of the European union as a bluff because he didn't think the British people would go for it. Yobs not realising it was a bluff called him on it and voted to leave with out actually understanding what they voted for or even reading what they voted for.
                I have no idea what a "yob" is but I think it's a fancy word so I'm going to start calling people yobs when I'm upset at them.
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                  I have no idea what a "yob" is but I think it's a fancy word so I'm going to start calling people yobs when I'm upset at them.
                  Seems like you've got the right idea.
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                    Were there not a few voters for leaving that were against non-elected officials from the Union setting the rules for the Queen's populace and the Union in general?

Wrong thread but, England used to be a powerhouse of industry. Labor unions were in part, part of her downfall. The rise of cheap Asian products, at the time mostly Japanese, were anther big hit.

Outsider looking in. Europe gave the EU more power over the member nations than it should have. A loose confederation of allies would have been more fluid, prosperous and able to make decisions at the local level. Something along the line of our state and federal distinctions.

again

Outside, looking in.
                    You're not wrong and it's not that I disagree with the idea of leaving the European union. I just wished we had an actual plan thought out a head of time.

We've done the equivalent of that one guy we all know that thinks he's bad arse but never stepped into a gym in his life, bad mouthing some one like Chuck Liddel in is prime. Then when called out and backed into a corner with no way of getting out of it. Saying "oh I better start to train now... what's a sprawl" only adjusted for time scale, he's got 3 months before fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                      Yob generally refers to the stereotype of a football rioting, binge drinking British person. A rather depressing minority of people that some middle and upper class people like to use to characterise the entirety of the working class, which is annoying because we're the people who have to put up with them.

Other names are chav and scally.
                      Last edited by MJCromwell; 3/13/2019 1:39am, . Reason: Grammar

Comment

‘Yobo’, ‘bogan’ and ‘westie’ are also popular in the penal colonies.
                        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

I'd laugh at the British, but, *gestures around the USA*

Comment

David Cameron jumped ship leaving it to Teresa May to sort out and a bunch of confused MPs trying to sort something out that they didn't plan for at all.

Three years later we still have no idea what to do but we're now stuck in the bind that trying to go back on it would basically say fuck you to democracy, going forward with it would be like jumping down a creek while some arse hole as nicked both the boat and the paddle...
                            Lets not forget Nigel Farage's role in this, claiming this was going to give us billions to go into the struggling health services of the UK, which were all over his Brexit tour buses. Then the day after the vote (which a non-trivial percentage of the population didnt even turn up to cast their vote on) claimed that he made no such claim or suggestion that this was ever the case. Then again, this is a man who hides in a pub to escape public hatred WHILST IN GLASGOW.

Edit: this bus, which has been interviewed while riding inside it with the press on TV

https://m0.joe.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...-531883850.jpg
                            Last edited by kimjonghng; 3/13/2019 3:43am, .

Comment

The IRA is already out buying pressure cookers.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X