Burning Beans: the Howard Schultz Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Beans: the Howard Schultz Experience

Yep, we got PTOST. We got AOC. Now, we got us another Ross Perot.

Howard Schultz, former CEO of Starbucks. Legitimate self-made billionaire. Wants to be POTUS. Independent-like. Hmm, not sure I like him, but I'm warming up. Getting shit-tons of press, this week. Crapped on Pocahontas, in a predictable maneuver to hold himself out as fully independent:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...can_dream.html

So, this is his thread. There are many like it, but this one is his. Ready? Steady... GO!
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Yep, we got PTOST. We got AOC. Now, we got us another Ross Perot.

Howard Schultz, former CEO of Starbucks. Legitimate self-made billionaire. Wants to be POTUS. Independent-like. Hmm, not sure I like him, but I'm warming up. Getting shit-tons of press, this week. Crapped on Pocahontas, in a predictable maneuver to hold himself out as fully independent:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...can_dream.html

So, this is his thread. There are many like it, but this one is his. Ready? Steady... GO!
    Nice reference to their over-cooked product(s), BTW.

I read the article you posted.

At this point, I can't see who he is going to appeal to. Even if he were elected, we still have a dysfunctional Congress. He would probably get along better with Republicans better than the Democrats, though.

Better than Ross Perot, though. That little fucker ran just to screw the Bushes...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      Nice reference to their over-cooked product(s), BTW.

I read the article you posted.

At this point, I can't see who he is going to appeal to. Even if he were elected, we still have a dysfunctional Congress. He would probably get along better with Republicans better than the Democrats, though.

Better than Ross Perot, though. That little fucker ran just to screw the Bushes...
      Yeah, the "I'm a better billionaire than Trump," schtick seems to be a little off key. It's why I chose that particular story for OP. The message is correct, imho, but is maybe not politically expedient.

This is certainly going to put Starbucks on point, and his leadership there. As a megacorp, they have not steered clear of political fray. And, since they are PNW/left-coast rooted, his association with them is not going to play well in red states, I surmise.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Yeah, the "I'm a better billionaire than Trump," schtick seems to be a little off key. It's why I chose that particular story for OP. The message is correct, imho, but is maybe not politically expedient.

This is certainly going to put Starbucks on point, and his leadership there. As a megacorp, they have not steered clear of political fray. And, since they are PNW/left-coast rooted, his association with them is not going to play well in red states, I surmise.
        If he ever talks about policy, I'll for sure listen. Just dissing E. Warren isn't going to cut it.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

He is a fucking douche canoe.

/end thread.
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

"The Unbearable Stupidity of Howard Schultz’s Presidential Fantasy"
            https://theintercept.com/2019/01/30/...ent-starbucks/

The truth is that despite claiming to be “bored” by Trump, and voicing his opposition to the president’s “vitriolic display of bigotry and hate and divisiveness,” Schultz has far more in common with the reality star-turned-POTUS than he might like to admit. His Trumpian ego has made him — an old, rich white guy who got rich selling coffee! — think he can be Leader of the Free World™.

There’s also his Trumpian dishonesty. Schultz, the “lifelong Democrat,” has spent the past few days hurling a series of false accusations not against Trump, but against Democrats. He attacked Sen. Kamala Harris’s support for “Medicare for All” as “not American,” which is absurd given that Medicare itself has been around for more than 50 years, while “Medicare for All” is polling at 70 percent, with majority support even among Republicans.

He claimed that the “majority of Americans” are opposed to “a 70 percent income tax in America,” as suggested by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Another lie. A recent Hill-HarrisX survey found that 59 percent of voters support the Ocasio-Cortez tax proposal (which only applies to income over $10 million), including a clear majority of independents.
            Dude is Trump.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post

MACA

(caffeinated)

Comment

Thus Spake Monkeythustra

He is a fucking douche canoe.

/end thread.
                Dramatic Music...

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ...Can you imagine the chaos that could be rendered with a campaign ran by Starbucks.

Just turn this fucking nonsense off and govern the country you twats!!!!
                  BILL HICKS,
                  1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ...Can you imagine the chaos that could be rendered with a campaign ran by Starbucks.

He would change the national anthem to some third-world ethno-jazz bullshit, as a first order of business.

But, we would only have three tax brackets: Tall, Grande, Venti.

Comment

He would change the national anthem to some third-world ethno-jazz bullshit, as a first order of business.

But, we would only have three tax brackets: Tall, Grande, Venti.
                      I'm going to guess your BAC is on the upswing cuz you're getting funnier and funnier.

Comment

Hey if you and I and Sub were in charge we would get that shit straightened out quick.

Comment

I'm going to guess your BAC is on the upswing cuz you're getting funnier and funnier.
                          I think it must be your BAC on the upswing. I'm always this funny.

Comment

I think it must be your BAC on the upswing. I'm always this funny.
                            I've got about an ounce and a half of 90 Proof Rye left let's see what happens.

Comment

Hey if you and I and Sub were in charge we would get that shit straightened out quick.
                              Me and Sub do actually run everything. We just alternate fall guys so all the stupid doesn't make one party or person look too bad.
                              BILL HICKS,
                              1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X