Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 Year old girl murdered by mistake, fry the bastards anyway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Year old girl murdered by mistake, fry the bastards anyway.

I'm nominally against the death penalty but these two bastards story is that they thought they were blindly shooting at someone else.

I hope they get the swiftest execution that tax dollars can buy. They can both go straight to hell and that's all I have to say about that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...barnes-n955196
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Yeah, can't agree with you there but I find it ironic that this was originally reported as a potential hate crime. It'll get plead down probably 1st degree manslaughter and 2nd degree murder respective of both defendants.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
      Yeah, can't agree with you there but I find it ironic that this was originally reported as a potential hate crime. It'll get plead down probably 1st degree manslaughter and 2nd degree murder respective of both defendants.
      If I'm not mistaken Texas law automatically increases the penalty for violent crimes when the victim is a young child. I don't think the District Attorney is going to be in any mood to cut these two shitheads a break and I don't think they're worried about someone coming up with a defense that a jury is going to believe once the girl's mother sits on the witness stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
        If I'm not mistaken Texas law automatically increases the penalty for violent crimes when the victim is a young child. I don't think the District Attorney is going to be in any mood to cut these two shitheads a break and I don't think they're worried about someone coming up with a defense that a jury is going to believe once the girl's mother sits on the witness stand.
        Fair enough. Might be an open and shut case but I don't see this as a viable 1st degree murder, but I'm just being the Devil's advocate here.

Comment

Fair enough. Might be an open and shut case but I don't see this as a viable 1st degree murder, but I'm just being the Devil's advocate here.
          Well, they didn't plan to go kill her apparently which doesn't fit premeditated in one sense but they did plan to kill someone else.

What appears to have happened is that they rented a uhaul truck, found what they thought was their intended victim and shot at them in cold blood. This wasn't a heat of the moment kind of deal. That does not sound like 2nd degree murder to me and it certainly wasn't a reckless discharge of a weapon resulting in loss of life to justify a manslaughter charge.

They conspired and planned to kill someone, missed and killed someone else; that person being someone's baby girl. If all of those things are true then I think they're a lot closer to Murder in the 1st than an accident or they got pissed off.

Manslaughter is usually killing someone through reckless endangerment but without the intent to kill; ie, reasonable to assume someone could get killed but not necessarily something coordinated in advance but orchistrated in such a way that someone dying was never part of the plan. Randomly firing into a group of people with premeditated malice is murder 1 for example and not manslaughter. Manslaughter would be handling a firearm in such a way that it discharges into a group of people.

Randomly firing into a car of full of little girls really sounds like it fits the bill of murder 1 to me. (edit: whether or not you thought the car was full of gangsters doesn't really matter except to establish motive and premeditation at that point)

These guys appear to have stalked a car and opened fire into it to kill someone specific in an ambush. Think about if someone built a bomb and put it into a car. They assume the first person to use the car will be their intended victim but instead they kill the valet. It's still premeditated murder.
          Last edited by Dung Beatles; 1/06/2019 4:22pm, .

Comment

Well, they didn't plan to go kill her apparently which doesn't fit premeditated in one sense but they did plan to kill someone else.

What appears to have happened is that they rented a uhaul truck, found what they thought was their intended victim and shot at them in cold blood. This wasn't a heat of the moment kind of deal. That does not sound like 2nd degree murder to me and it certainly wasn't a reckless discharge of a weapon resulting in loss of life to justify a manslaughter charge.

They conspired and planned to kill someone, missed and killed someone else; that person being someone's baby girl. If all of those things are true then I think they're a lot closer to Murder in the 1st than an accident or they got pissed off.

Manslaughter is usually killing someone through reckless endangerment but without the intent to kill; ie, reasonable to assume someone could get killed but not necessarily something coordinated in advance but orchistrated in such a way that someone dying was never part of the plan. Randomly firing into a group of people with premeditated malice is murder 1 for example and not manslaughter. Manslaughter would be handling a firearm in such a way that it discharges into a group of people.

Randomly firing into a car of full of little girls really sounds like it fits the bill of murder 1 to me. (edit: whether or not you thought the car was full of gangsters doesn't really matter except to establish motive and premeditation at that point)

These guys appear to have stalked a car and opened fire into it to kill someone specific in an ambush. Think about if someone built a bomb and put it into a car. They assume the first person to use the car will be their intended victim but instead they kill the valet. It's still premeditated murder.
            Conspiracy to commit murder? Maybe. I'm not a big proponent of the 'Death Penalty'. Doesn't make me over compassionate I just think a person should live out their life without the chance for freedom.

Comment

Consider that we arrest and convict would-be child molesters that get caught in a sting with no actual children involved (see Bill Kamal, for example: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...096-story.html).

The intent of this crime was to murder somebody; that it was the wrong somebody should not lessen the punishment. I'm on the fence if the punishment should be more severe, however, than if they had killed their intended target.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                The intent of this crime was to murder somebody; that it was the wrong somebody should not lessen the punishment. I'm on the fence if the punishment should be more severe, however, than if they had killed their intended target.
                I am with you there. Good killers shouldn't get off lighter cause they are better at their jobs.
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Consider that we arrest and convict would-be child molesters that get caught in a sting with no actual children involved (see Bill Kamal, for example: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...096-story.html).

Yeah, well my argument is weak but it is possible.

Comment

Yeah, well my argument is weak but it is possible.
                    No, unfortunately, you're probably right. Because multiple individuals involved, there will be pleas and deals and such, and Lady Justice will be lucky to wrench out 20-to-life with possibility of parole in 40, or something like that.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

I'm nominally against the death penalty but these two bastards story is that they thought they were blindly shooting at someone else.

I hope they get the swiftest execution that tax dollars can buy. They can both go straight to hell and that's all I have to say about that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...barnes-n955196

Comment

It's ok to make exceptions for exceptional circumstances sometimes. If we didn't, we would be stuck in a system of simplistic dogmatic decision trees wherein everything resolves around every individual issue as a moral absolute.

Comment

... a system of simplistic dogmatic decision trees wherein everything resolves around every individual issue as a moral absolute.
                          Wrabbit just ejaculated on his screen. Probably a 20" Trinitron glass tube in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Comment

Wrabbit just ejaculated on his screen. Probably a 20" Trinitron glass tube in 4:3 aspect ratio.
                            Did I sound that fucking pretentious?

Can we go back to scratching our nuts and talking about mud dogging?

Comment

Wrabbit's tactics bother me because I believe he gets angry when people disagree with him and then his brain shorts out and he starts pulling high school nerd shit whereby he claims credentials, accolades and accomplishments that he hasn't earned to get strangers to accept that he is somehow dominant to them. It reminds of my manic depressive cousin.

I openly admit that I wasn't good enough at math to model my thesis and it forced me to drop out of grad school. I do not desire to be better than any of you at anything.
                              Last edited by Dung Beatles; 1/09/2019 3:36am, . Reason: Edit: also, run on sentences are no BFD if you don't try to put up the pretense of being the smartest person in the world

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X