Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President George HW Bush has died today. He was 94 years old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President George HW Bush has died today. He was 94 years old.

George H.W. Bush was President when the Soviet Union collapsed and he was an invaluable expert on Foreign Policy for the Reagan administration while serving as Vice President.

He was one of the most well suited Presidents on the subject of geopolitics and national security.

He was both a war hero and the former head of the CIA during the cold war. We will be lucky if we ever see another President like him in our time.

Rest in peace, fearless warrior.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 11/30/2018 11:10pm, .
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

No shit!? Now I get news on bullshido before anywhere else. R.I.P.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

RIP GHW Bush

Well put....

He was a man from another era.

A good man who lived a long and meaningful life.

RIP
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

We're down to 999 points of light.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Comment

It does amaze me how all of the liberals are out singing his praise now. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they can put aside partisanship and all that, but still I find it odd.
            Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
              It does amaze me how all of the liberals are out singing his praise now. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they can put aside partisanship and all that, but still I find it odd.
              I disagreed with his policies a lot but I believe him to be a good man.
              The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by King Moonracer View Post
                I disagreed with his policies a lot but I believe him to be a good man.
                Yeah. It is watching CNN praise his policies that I find kinda jarring.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Yeah. It is watching CNN praise his policies that I find kinda jarring.
                  I don't like trickle down economics or the pretentious Moral Majority shit. His foreign policy was fine. He was also instrumental in ending the Cold War from what I understand.
                  The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

He took most major holidays in DC. His reasoning was the White House was well secure and the Secret Service and other staff could spend time with their families. Class.
                    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

You should see the posts was just eyeroll scrolling past on Facebook from a bunch of pantloads that are constantly crying about incivility.
                      "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                      Originally posted by Devil
                      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                      Originally posted by Plasma
                      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

I think America is hungrier for a more decent national dialogue than it has been for a long time. At least that is my hope. To be perfectly honest, GHW Bush got a bad rap on a lot of things. Between the Cold War, AIDS, the inevitable recession and the crack epidemic the man managed to do a terrific job. And he only raised taxes in the end because he didn't want to borrow an endless supply of money. He got crucified in the papers but he was as sober, capable, decent and responsible as any President that we've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                          I think America is hungrier for a more decent national dialogue than it has been for a long time. At least that is my hope. To be perfectly honest, GHW Bush got a bad rap on a lot of things. Between the Cold War, AIDS, the inevitable recession and the crack epidemic the man managed to do a terrific job. And he only raised taxes in the end because he didn't want to borrow an endless supply of money. He got crucified in the papers but he was as sober, capable, decent and responsible as any President that we've ever had.
                          The Cold War had little to do with Bush or his policies. Reagan maybe. More than anything it ended because the USSR went broke clinging to pure Communism.
                          The recession was a thing. Question is whether or not it was caused by the economic policies of Reagan and Bush.
                          AIDs... Don't know a whole lot about the history of it.
                          Crack epidemic. You mean when the CIA came up with how to turn Cocaine into Crack to sell it cheaper, and thus fund the whole Iran-Contra thing? Yeah I'm pretty sure Bush was not on the right side of that at all.

Comment

You mean when the CIA came up with how to turn Cocaine into Crack to sell it cheaper, and thus fund the whole Iran-Contra thing?
                            I do not believe that happened.

Iran-Contra happened but I do not believe the CIA invented crack cocaine.

Comment

The Cold War had little to do with Bush or his policies. Reagan maybe. More than anything it ended because the USSR went broke clinging to pure Communism.
                              Debatable on the purity of the Kremlin's beliefs but sure, incompetence played an enormous role.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X