Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious War vs Secular War: Who to Blame afterwards

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Religion and politics are the same thing. All government war is the same. In that regard, fights between rival drug cartels are more honest.
    Absolutely not. In fact that is even less true today. Comfort, peace, the after life.

At any rate, Politics (AKA government) has largely been responsible for war. Even the crusades were power grabs buy Feudal lords. Rome? CPersians? Mongols? Religion was not the primary factor. It was about resources. Money. Territory. Succession. Control oof borders and security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now seriously you can't be not trolling. I'm going to guess on the 3 you're referring to. First WW2?? I mean the holocaust not ring a bell?? Hows about our never ending middle east conflict?? No bells?? Let's make this easier for you, which wars weren't in part caused by religion?? And you say I don't read history, hahahahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      *Yawn*

Yeah, keep going by your dictionary definition of things. If you decide you want to argue philosophy, I'll be here.
      https://youtu.be/P_apIbmsUwU

Comment

Originally posted by remington50 View Post
        https://youtu.be/P_apIbmsUwU

What is Jihad. What were the crusades?

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          What is Jihad. What were the crusades?
          The Crusades were primarily a form of population control. Europe had more people than it could feed with agricultural tech of the time, and a feudal system that produced an increasingly restless warrior class. Easy thing to do was to aim them at an outside other. Religion was simply an excuse.

A lot of Jihad, much the same to be honest.
          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
            The Crusades were primarily a form of population control. Europe had more people than it could feed with agricultural tech of the time, and a feudal system that produced an increasingly restless warrior class. Easy thing to do was to aim them at an outside other. Religion was simply an excuse.

A lot of Jihad, much the same to be honest.
            Yet both are ordered by religious leaders for religious reasons....

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
              Yet both are ordered by religious leaders for religious reasons....
              Yeah the US went into Iraq to seize its WMDs too. Amazing out popular justifications and political reasons can be so divergent.
              Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                Yeah the US went into Iraq to seize its WMDs too. Amazing out popular justifications and political reasons can be so divergent.
                And yet we have people blowing themselves up on three continents yelling Allahu Ackbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                  Now seriously you can't be not trolling. I'm going to guess on the 3 you're referring to. First WW2?? I mean the holocaust not ring a bell?? Hows about our never ending middle east conflict?? No bells?? Let's make this easier for you, which wars weren't in part caused by religion?? And you say I don't read history, hahahahahahaha.
                  Yay. I get to teach history.

1) Holocaust - Hitler hated Jews because

A) Anti Semitic views in Austria (where Hitler was from) were RACIALLY motivated. Not religious. The root words of Semitic is to differentiate between aryan and Arabic/middle eastern. And the origin was to describe the superiority of ARYAN races of Semitic ones. Gee. Sounds like Hitler.

B) Stab in the back myth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth

Comment

Originally posted by remington50 View Post
                    Yay. I get to teach history.

1) Holocaust - Hitler hated Jews because

A) Anti Semitic views in Austria (where Hitler was from) were RACIALLY motivated. Not religious. The root words of Semitic is to differentiate between aryan and Arabic/middle eastern. And the origin was to describe the superiority of ARYAN races of Semitic ones. Gee. Sounds like Hitler.

B) Stab in the back myth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth
                    You don't know what my religion is so stop jumping to conclusions.

Now for the rest of your post, I can't speak as to Russian or Chinese wars as I have not researched them, but WW2 absolutely did have religious connections. It wasn't fully a religious war, but it did have some religious connections. I noticed you completely ignored the middle east so LOL to that.

The Soviet vs Afganistan war wasn't started as a religious war, but I would argue it ended as one. Arguably the middle east has been at war for centuries and it is absolutely a religious war. I'll give you props to the rest of your answers.

Just for clarity though I will repeat my earlier statement: having an ignorant moron who doesn't believe dinosaurs existed as second in command of the U.S. is not a good idea. See this is where you lose on the argument of religion. Disregarding actual provable reality. It's no different than flat earthers. I wouldn't want one of those idiots one off of the nuclear codes either.

Comment

You don't know what my religion is so stop jumping to conclusions.

Now for the rest of your post, I can't speak as to Russian or Chinese wars as I have not researched them, but WW2 absolutely did have religious connections. It wasn't fully a religious war, but it did have some religious connections. I noticed you completely ignored the middle east so LOL to that.

The Soviet vs Afganistan war wasn't started as a religious war, but I would argue it ended as one. Arguably the middle east has been at war for centuries and it is absolutely a religious war. I'll give you props to the rest of your answers.
                      Just for clarity though I will repeat my earlier statement: having an ignorant moron who doesn't believe dinosaurs existed as second in command of the U.S. is not a good idea. See this is where you lose on the argument of religion. Disregarding actual provable reality. It's no different than flat earthers. I wouldn't want one of those idiots one off of the nuclear codes either.

Comment

It's a shame Jesus can't save you from your own lack of brains.

Comment

Spoken like a true zealot. A no the middle east wars were not political IMHO. They are fueled by religious hatred that has lasted centuries.

Denying reality in the way flat earthers and religious extremists do is dangerous. The fact that you would make excuses for a dipshit that outright ignores provable facts is telling of your own need to justify your faith. Again though my problem isn't faith or religion, but rather the denial of FACTS AND REALITY. See again this is where you lose credibility, facts and reality are not debatable, they exist and those who deny it are fucking retarded dumbasses. Putting a fucking retarded dumbass in a position of power is well fucking retarded. It amazes me the mental gymnastics people will go through to support otherwise stupid decisions just to play team based politics.

Comment

Spoken like a true zealot. A no the middle east wars were not political IMHO. They are fueled by religious hatred that has lasted centuries.
                            Denying reality in the way flat earthers and religious extremists do is dangerous. The fact that you would make excuses for a dipshit that outright ignores provable facts is telling of your own need to justify your faith. Again though my problem isn't faith or religion, but rather the denial of FACTS AND REALITY. See again this is where you lose credibility, facts and reality are not debatable, they exist and those who deny it are fucking retarded dumbasses. Putting a fucking retarded dumbass in a position of power is well fucking retarded. It amazes me the mental gymnastics people will go through to support otherwise stupid decisions just to play team based politics.

Comment

I'm also betting that some digging would reveal that more than a few of the leaders responsible for the wars you listed were religious and probably a good number talked about doing "Gods work".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X