• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl Scouts Sue Boy Scouts When They Drop 'Boy' From Name

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...name-trademark
    http://time.com/5446540/girl-scouts-boy-scouts-lawsuit/
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1NB2JN

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Anyway, according to a couple of sissies on this forum I'm a misogynist who hates women and clearly I am in different online circles from the average pussy-hat wearing #believewomen #metoo sheep, so I don't expect y'all to have followed this story since its inception. But it is funny to a "misogynist" like myself to see an organisation like the Boy Scouts give in to the demands of the few and change their name and charter, only to be slapped in the face once they've done so.

I mean, legit, the whole purpose behind the Scouts was to basically create Rites of Passage for boys to become men in a post war era. Constant erosion of the "Boy" in the name "Boy Scout" meant girls were accepted, DESPITE there being several organisations for girls already (Brownies, Girl Scouts, etc).

I wonder how long until a boy sues for discrimination against the Girl Scouts, I'd be keen to see that. I reckon it'd be a similar case to women's only gyms, it's only discrimination if women are being discriminated against.

Stop acquiescing to the requests of ideologues. They will not let up and nothing you do will suffice, then they will use it against you in some unforeseen way.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

And the first sissy arrives.
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
      And the first sissy arrives.
      Not me!

Former scout and scout master. Damn cookies and popcorn are way too expensive today. May have bought my last.
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

BSA popcorn is good invest, though - most of that money goes to the troop, vs. Girl Scout cookies, where you're mostly just making profit for the 2 or 3 companies that make them.

And, Girl Scouts - to my knowledge - are not allowing boys in, but BSA for the last year or 3 has been adding female membership. Go figure.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Hahahahahaha, sigh we are all doomed. For fucks sake it's like the whole world has gone tard.

Comment

“Only GSUSA has the right to use the Girl Scouts and Scouts trademarks with leadership development services for girls,” according to the complaint filed in federal court in Manhattan
            How does the Girl Scouts have the trademark for Scouts when the Boy Scouts is the older org?

Anyway, I'm camping with my niece and nephew at the end of the month, and I've been making them some nice wooden staves for hiking, and teaching them some staff kung fu. When they're older, hopefully they'll still like camping and the outdoors, and I can teach them how to make fires, chop wood, catch and clean fish, etc. It seems like since I was a kid, scouting has become more about politics, fundraising and indoctrinating than about teaching good outdoor skills. Maybe its just cause I mostly only hear about it when there's a controversy over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
              has become more about politics, fundraising and indoctrinating
              On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country, and to obey the Scout law...

It's always been about indoctrination (and politics, and necessarily, fundraising).
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                How does the Girl Scouts have the trademark for Scouts when the Boy Scouts is the older org?

Anyway, I'm camping with my niece and nephew at the end of the month, and I've been making them some nice wooden staves for hiking, and teaching them some staff kung fu. When they're older, hopefully they'll still like camping and the outdoors, and I can teach them how to make fires, chop wood, catch and clean fish, etc. It seems like since I was a kid, scouting has become more about politics, fundraising and indoctrinating than about teaching good outdoor skills. Maybe its just cause I mostly only hear about it when there's a controversy over it.
                They got their patent and copyright merit badges first.
                The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...name-trademark
                  http://time.com/5446540/girl-scouts-boy-scouts-lawsuit/
                  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1NB2JN

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Anyway, according to a couple of sissies on this forum I'm a misogynist who hates women and clearly I am in different online circles from the average pussy-hat wearing #believewomen #metoo sheep, so I don't expect y'all to have followed this story since its inception. But it is funny to a "misogynist" like myself to see an organisation like the Boy Scouts give in to the demands of the few and change their name and charter, only to be slapped in the face once they've done so.

I mean, legit, the whole purpose behind the Scouts was to basically create Rites of Passage for boys to become men in a post war era. Constant erosion of the "Boy" in the name "Boy Scout" meant girls were accepted, DESPITE there being several organisations for girls already (Brownies, Girl Scouts, etc).

I wonder how long until a boy sues for discrimination against the Girl Scouts, I'd be keen to see that. I reckon it'd be a similar case to women's only gyms, it's only discrimination if women are being discriminated against.

Stop acquiescing to the requests of ideologues. They will not let up and nothing you do will suffice, then they will use it against you in some unforeseen way.
                  Actually this isn't true. Baron Baden Powell founded the Boy Scouts in 1903, it's US counterpart was founded in 1910. The original purpose of the Boy Scouts, as the early manuals will attest, was to be a ready reserve able to aid military and police in maintaining order and doing mostly non-combat tasks in time of actual war. In fact the very first Boy Scout Manual, Aids to Scouting, was a military manual written by Baden Powell. He based many of his ideas, as he wrote in the first chapter of Scouting for Boys on the Maefking Cadet Corps, who were young men below fighting age who stood guard, carried messages, assisted in hospitals, and so on, freeing grown men to fight.
                  Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                    Actually this isn't true. Baron Baden Powell founded the Boy Scouts in 1903, it's US counterpart was founded in 1910. The original purpose of the Boy Scouts, as the early manuals will attest, was to be a ready reserve able to aid military and police in maintaining order and doing mostly non-combat tasks in time of actual war. In fact the very first Boy Scout Manual, Aids to Scouting, was a military manual written by Baden Powell. He based many of his ideas, as he wrote in the first chapter of Scouting for Boys on the Maefking Cadet Corps, who were young men below fighting age who stood guard, carried messages, assisted in hospitals, and so on, freeing grown men to fight.
                    Did...did you just summarise the very link I had hyperlinked on the very thing you told me isn't true?

If I wasn't clear, those things you mentioned are what I would call Rites of Passage.
                    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

It’s all getting bit fruity out there at the moment. Recently in the UK Kleenex ‘Mansized’ tissues have had to drop their name as its discrimatory against everyone who isn’t a man. Thankfully some fun and sensible people on twitter kicked off with jokes about women not being able to fall down ‘manholes’ and single people not being allowed to buy ‘family’ sized packs of food.

It’s all silly but it is actually embarrassing that our race is worrying about shit like this as the West steadily erodes itself with such nonsense.
                      Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Did...did you just summarise the very link I had hyperlinked on the very thing you told me isn't true?

If I wasn't clear, those things you mentioned are what I would call Rites of Passage.
                        How is creating a ready reserve of boys pre-war(usually when people say post-war it is WWI or WWII), especially as Powell was a staunch advocate for British involvement in both, the same as creating "Rites of Passage for boys to become men in a post war era."

Also I think you may be misusing the term "Rite of Passage"
                        Rite of passage, ceremonial event, existing in all historically known societies, that marks the passage from one social or religious status to another.
                        https://www.britannica.com/topic/rite-of-passage
                        Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

They will let girls in to MMA next.
                          Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                            How is creating a ready reserve of boys pre-war(usually when people say post-war it is WWI or WWII), especially as Powell was a staunch advocate for British involvement in both, the same as creating "Rites of Passage for boys to become men in a post war era."

Also I think you may be misusing the term "Rite of Passage"

https://www.britannica.com/topic/rite-of-passage
                            Clearly you never did Scouts. They literally have ceremonies for badge distribution to show you've become competent in activities that will assist them in adult life.

Also, you missed that the ready reserve of the scouts was after the Boer War, which the founder made a name for himself in.

It's fucking sad that I have to explain this.
                            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Actually, it's not sad, more a reflection of the coddled modern world.
                              I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X