Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly 80 percent of Americans concerned about political violence

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ence-poll-says

Can't agree on who to blame? Isn't Donald Trump the single variable that has changed since the relative unity of previous years? He also is best known for his incivility.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the guy who said "Make America Great Again" was in fact the one that lead to its splintering and fall.

If something like 9/11 happened, would there even be any national unity anymore? Considering how "New York liberal" has become a political slur, would there just be indifference or outright hostility towards the victims, and sharing of "George Soros did it" Facebook memes from Donald Trump supporters?

What do you think, based on your observations in your local area?
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Lol that you think there was unity before Trump.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post

Can't agree on who to blame? Isn't Donald Trump the single variable that has changed since the relative unity of previous years? He also is best known for his incivility.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the guy who said "Make America Great Again" was in fact the one that lead to its splintering and fall.

If something like 9/11 happened, would there even be any national unity anymore? Considering how "New York liberal" has become a political slur, would there just be indifference or outright hostility towards the victims, and sharing of "George Soros did it" Facebook memes from Donald Trump supporters?

The sky is not falling.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        The sky is not falling.
        Thanks.

It does seem that people are calmer outside the internet than on it. I thought it would make sense to ask if this were the case in other locations.

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
          You don't think there was even in relative terms?

Comment

You don't think there was even in relative terms?
            Not really. That's why you got Trump from what I can see.

Divisive politics was first practiced when Obama got in. And I was one from the outside world that was backing Obama, thinking he'd bring a golden era of uniting politics. Fast forward 6-7 years and I'm noticing vitriol and malice towards anyone looking for dialogue.

I'm not saying Obama caused it by the way, I think it is far more insidious than that.
            GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
            Originally posted by Devil
            I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
            Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

In retrospective, electing a black dude for president was a bad idea.

Comment

I think if you look, historically, there is some version of this story before every major election. All this tells me is that it must be nearing election day. People around here don't talk like that, probably because we're all armed.

Prepare for lots of whining and blustery disappointment, though - RCP, which typically leans Democrat, has GOP picking up 2 Senate seats, and most likely maintaining control of the House.
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                  There definitely wasn't, but there also definitely wasn't a president who purposely fanned the flames either. Name ANY other president who claimed people were enemies of the state just for disagreeing with him. Seriously one example, just give me one fucking example of any other United States president who has acted even remotely as decisive as Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                    just give me one fucking example of any other United States president who has acted even remotely as decisive as Trump.
                    Lincoln.

Comment

There definitely wasn't, but there also definitely wasn't a president who purposely fanned the flames either. Name ANY other president who claimed people were enemies of the state just for disagreeing with him. Seriously one example, just give me one fucking example of any other United States president who has acted even remotely as decisive as Trump.
                      https://www.history.com/news/preside...hip-with-press
                      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                        Lincoln.
                        I disagree. Lincoln was just dealing with an already existant shit-storm. Whereas Trump is creating one purposely.

Comment

Percentage matters. Just like the lies. Every president has lied, but few if any on the scale we are seeing now. It's the same with being divisive.

Comment

Thanks.

It does seem that people are calmer outside the internet than on it. I thought it would make sense to ask if this were the case in other locations.
                            The only crazy that I see is on TV. Of course, I live in Florida and crazy is the standard. But political warfare, riots over politics, and shit like that, I don't see it. Mainly because around here we have way better stuff going on. People still recovering from near total devastation from a hurricane. We have Nick Saban attempting to take over the world. Subsequently LSU fans quitting football until he is gone. We have lacrosse season about to kick off. Perfect camping weather. Hunting season. The holidays coming around. Way cooler shit than politics.
                            Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Percentage matters. Just like the lies. Every president has lied, but few if any on the scale we are seeing now. It's the same with being divisive.
                              Those with huge egos often cannot see the truth.
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X