Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trashster
    replied
    www.mainformation.cjb.net to enter the password is kardinal... seek out the forums and marvel at the shittiest site ever created. AIl aikido fans would love to have a laugh at the forums.........

Leave a comment:

• tai-gip
    replied
    Originally posted by PizDoff
    I prefer the salmon, wild please. Wild salmon contain less PCBs, and have higher levels of rich omega-3 fats.

If there were posts or threads detailing your approach to no-touch grappling, would you please direct me to them with specific links so I may attempt to approach them with an open mind and see if there is anything I can take away from the concept. Seriously.

Thank you.

It makes it hard, if your not hitting them and they dont credit what would have been a strike... thats why i preffer non-contact stand-up.... Yes obviously i have said some unbelievably bagable things

I dont want to hit someone to prove anything to myself or them. You still get the "that wouldnt have hurt" argument unless basicaly you hurt them, im not willing to do that. I do love ma, ive put a lot of time and effort into it... However violence or the ability to hurt is not why i now train. there was a period i went through where the utter destruction of my opponant was my goal, now days i dont mind playing around with someone, but they have to acknowledge where astrike would land and cause some effect on them..

im sure oppurtunities will arise in an ego free manner or enviorment

I trained that if a strike can get you then its all over, i know people say but look at the ufc look at nhb, to me this isnt the ultimate in ma, just a sport level of it, you have to accept there are people out there who can kill or totaly f u up with one strike landing, so how pointless is it to train to be tough at a medium level..

I train to avoid gitting hit or hurting the other person, not saying im great at it but i can hold my own :-)

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    I prefer the salmon, wild please. Wild salmon contain less PCBs, and have higher levels of rich omega-3 fats.

If there were posts or threads detailing your approach to no-touch grappling, would you please direct me to them with specific links so I may attempt to approach them with an open mind and see if there is anything I can take away from the concept. Seriously.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• tai-gip
    replied
    Originally posted by PizDoff
    No, you still don't get it.
    How else can you tell who the experienced or inexperienced are if you just joined the website? You don't want to be taking advice about grappling or anything else from someone like Apostol or Tai-Gip and his no touch grappling.

The system is an excellent medium to effectively and quickly communicate the poster's qualifications.

dis hs nuffin to do wif u bein new lolz, & evrything wif yu bineg idot lolz! PWN3D!
    Especialy because i found it just as funny piz but i cant slap you with a fish online to make you see it as a joke....... ahh duuuhhhhh ...it would be hard for someone who trains no contact to grapple wouldnt it... wonder why the thought never occured to me... probably because im to busy thinking im tougher and smarter :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bard of DorAr
    replied
    Sorry, bud, Piz'd is right.. The titles help out in the sense that you know exactly where a poster's expertise is.

Someone asks about sabres, I'm probably trustworthy in my information and experience. Someone asks about Grappling and I comment. And then someone like JLau posts something that contradicts what I said. Then I'm most likely very much wrong and you can trust in the advice from the profressional fighter over the swordsman.

Really the only flaw with something like this is that people could lie. But in the end, I'd hope people on this site have at least that much integrity.. and if they don't and it's found out that they lied? Heh..

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    No, you still don't get it.
    How else can you tell who the experienced or inexperienced are if you just joined the website? You don't want to be taking advice about grappling or anything else from someone like Apostol or Tai-Gip and his no touch grappling.

The system is an excellent medium to effectively and quickly communicate the poster's qualifications.

Originally posted by hythloday
    ahhh thats not nice im almost hurt but i figured i had to get it sooner or later
    dis hs nuffin to do wif u bein new lolz, & evrything wif yu bineg idot lolz! PWN3D!
    Last edited by PizDoff; 10/31/2004 9:52pm, .

Leave a comment:

• hythloday
    replied
    ohhh man i havent seen freakazoid in forever thanks for that trip down adolescent lane

Leave a comment:

• hythloday
    replied
    ahhh thats not nice im almost hurt but i figured i had to get it sooner or later
    umm i just think that titles are not useful in this setting if you have a qwestion ask the expirienced will answer(and no im not expirienced enough to answer)

it just doesnt make sense to have titles but just to have them for having them

Leave a comment:

• Shuma-Gorath
    replied
    ummm this reeks of bullshido even in the pretext of expirience
    giving titles tp people ummm a little gratifing huh

your the boss though
    accolade away

by the way if u do do it i agree brown in BJJ is rare as for judo ive been in it for two and a half years and am a brown 3rd

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    So what? Once you get out of high school someone may care about you.

Do you know what Bullshido is or are you just using it as a catch phrase in an attempt to bring legitimacy upon yourself and attract attention?

Leave a comment:

• hythloday
    replied

your the boss though
    accolade away

by the way if u do do it i agree brown in BJJ is rare as for judo ive been in it for two and a half years and am a brown 3rd

Leave a comment:

• callmetrinity
    replied
    I would like to obliged, but I have to get used to navigating. I do not have one particular style/systems but many that span 37 years

Leave a comment:

• Owen
    replied
    Can't I be a "Professional Heavybag?" I've got plenty of guys willing to vouch for it ;)

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied
    There's a great system for comparing a belt in one system to a belt in another:

NHB.

Leave a comment:

• NHB_Ben
    replied
    Originally, in BJJ, there were only two belts: blue and white. White for students and blue for instructors. The current progression is now: white, blue, purple, brown, black.

So you could consider it like this:
    White: Student
    Blue: 1st Dan
    Purple: 2nd Dan
    Brown: 3rd Dan
    Black: ...

Obviously, there are no grounds for comparing a belt in one art to a belt in another art so your argument is pretty weak.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X