Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already got it.

Comment

you give Lauzon the title of guillotine master! from the highlights hes got that move down pat!

unfortunately I am not a BJJ brown belt, im quite a ways from that title. i am merely a student.

Comment

oops, my bad, you could have really had me going fernando if you wanted to.

Comment

phrost - can you change my title

thanks

Comment

fernando: Just pump in another 44 posts.. Then you can change it yourself.. :)
            video game reviews

Comment

I CALL BULLSHIDO ON FERNANDO!!

just kidding
              CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Do submission tourneys and BJJ tournaments count for anything????

I was 2002 Florida State BJJ Champion as a light weight white belt. I took Silver at International Grappling Championships as a Blue. Lost to the same guy that I beat the year before.
                Last edited by DARKSON; 5/26/2004 8:18am, .
                "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Comment

Don't want to get too convoluted with this. Usually, if someone has several sets of credentials, it's up to them what they want as their title, within reason.

For example, (not refering to you) competiting in kickboxing, then doing a grappling tournament, won't make you a NHB fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuColin
                    Truth be known - I guess I would rather be thought of as a sport fighting guitar legend, (which I am) than an assistant Aikido Instructor (the only art I actually teach). Damn, that just sounds lame.
                    I think tt depends whether or not you take your Aikido throws, locks and holds to tap-out pain-evel and Atemi full contact.

Comment

I think tt depends whether or not you take your Aikido throws, locks and holds to tap-out pain-evel and Atemi full contact.
                      The only place/time I can train my Aikido to that level is in NHB sparring with friends on the weekend. Point is: It doesn't look much like Aikido anymore.. (I'm a Boxer and Judoka - that's the shit that comes out mostly - not the Aikido)
                      video game reviews

Comment

Dunno about what you'd call me. A dabbler, maybe.

I've been training since 1991, and have attained various non-black ranks in TKD, Sport Karate, Aikido, Judo, Japanese Jujutsu, Inayan Escrima, Chen Tai Chi, Bujinkan Ninjutsu, Capoeira, BJJ, and Shinbudo (listed in no particular order). In most cases I trained several martial arts at the same time, and have studied several of these systems for over 4 years. I've assisted in the instruction of most of these systems at one time or another, most recently in Shinbudo and BJJ.

I should also mention that I've trained with a few self-defense programs. Some were basic college phy-ed programs, and one was an adrenal-stress-response course with model muggers and full-power hitting.

I'm not about froo-froo bullshido. While I appreciate stuff that looks cool, I spend my quality time and teaching time on stuff that's gonna work. No matter how diverse the style, it's gotta follow certain principles of application, or it's gonna fail. Reality's a bitch that way. If you think the "Shaolin Monk Masters" you see on tape or at demos are awesome, think again. I figured out how to take full-power kicks to the groin just for fun, and it didn't take long. Recently I taught a friend how to do it in 30 minutes, maybe less. It has absolutely no combat value (well, maybe slightly more than breaking a spear with your throat or having cement busted over your head). The point is that tricks are fun, but not worth spending all your time on.

Though not sport-oriented, I do like to compete. I gave up on point-sparring tournaments years ago when I learned that punching to the head wasn't allowed. What kind of crap is that?! Anyway, I've placed in a number of submission grappling tourneys, the most notable being the 2001 and 2002 Midwest Submission Grappling Championships in Minnesota. The first year I medalled in 3 of 4 divisions (that I competed in) and the second year brought tougher competition so I only medalled in one of my divisions. I took last year off and expect to lay it down again this fall. Don't look for me to go pro; I've rehabbed one knee surgery already, and I don't plan to have another.

That's my intro. Give me a funky title or not, it's up to you. I look forward to laughing at the stupid crap people bring up on these forums, and I hope to contribute something of interest from time to time too.

Jason

Comment

Do I hear a stfu out there? Damn, I guess they never taught any level of humility where you came from. Do you Jack off in the mirror or do you just hold up a picture of yourself. You should tone yourself down and become narccistic. Next time you anally rape yourself just tell yourself who you are and you might give yourself permission.

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

STFU NOOB !!!!!!!!

Comment

AMEN!
                              Regards,
                              CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                              One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                              Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

PWNED!!!
                                CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X