Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else concerned with the blatant fear mongering in politics?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is anyone else concerned with the blatant fear mongering in politics?

    I have not posted recently about politics because it is getting me down.

    Is anyone else out there very very concerned about the dishonest fear mongering and manufacturing if hate?

    Donald Trump hinting there are "middle easterners" in that migrant caravan scared me. How did a whole group of people, many of whom are fine US citizens, become some negative scare word for millions of Trump supporters? Do you agree with me that this is extremely irresponsible and dangerous.

    Also with the assertions he is making that anyone who votes Democrat is a mob and responsible for political violence. Based on my time living in urban areas this is a false and surreal accusation. Culturally many of those he condemns literally do not know how to operate firearms and are afraid of them. If anything this group is in fact the vulnerable group.

    Am I wrong to think this kind of very toxic, divisive, and dehumanizing rhetoric mostly comes from the Republican party? Let me know your thoughts.

    I don't fit in with either party. Therefore I feel like extremists in either party would dislike me. I feel less safe today than during 9/11 and am more concerned with domestic political stuff than anything perceived as foreign. 9/11 was a one time outlier event but the toxic shift in politics could become structural.

    I am afraid that stuff like internment camps could come back because all of a sudden it seems like Donald Trump made the Republican party basically the party that is against Americans with recent foreign ancestry. He may not have said so explicitly but he is always saying negative things about foreigners; for example his recent talking about ending birthright citizenship seems to hint he sees foreign born citizens as illegitimate. What do you think? Give me some grounding here. Realistic or not?
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

    #2
    Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I have not posted recently about politics because it is getting me down.

    Is anyone else out there very very concerned about the dishonest fear mongering and manufacturing if hate?

    Donald Trump hinting there are "middle easterners" in that migrant caravan scared me. How did a whole group of people, many of whom are fine US citizens, become some negative scare word for millions of Trump supporters? Do you agree with me that this is extremely irresponsible and dangerous.

    Also with the assertions he is making that anyone who votes Democrat is a mob and responsible for political violence. Based on my time living in urban areas this is a false and surreal accusation. Culturally many of those he condemns literally do not know how to operate firearms and are afraid of them. If anything this group is in fact the vulnerable group.

    Am I wrong to think this kind of very toxic, divisive, and dehumanizing rhetoric mostly comes from the Republican party? Let me know your thoughts.

    I don't fit in with either party. Therefore I feel like extremists in either party would dislike me. I feel less safe today than during 9/11 and am more concerned with domestic political stuff than anything perceived as foreign. 9/11 was a one time outlier event but the toxic shift in politics could become structural.

    I am afraid that stuff like internment camps could come back because all of a sudden it seems like Donald Trump made the Republican party basically the party that is against Americans with recent foreign ancestry. He may not have said so explicitly but he is always saying negative things about foreigners; for example his recent talking about ending birthright citizenship seems to hint he sees foreign born citizens as illegitimate. What do you think? Give me some grounding here. Realistic or not?
    Where have you been ? Nothing new, Trump didn't invent it.

    I'm not defending Trump in the least, either.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BKR View Post
      Where have you been ? Nothing new, Trump didn't invent it.

      I'm not defending Trump in the least, either.
      I didn't notice it until now.

      Was it more obvious where you lived than where I lived?

      Did political correctness mask it previously?
      Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
        I didn't notice it until now.

        Was it more obvious where you lived than where I lived?

        Did political correctness mask it previously?
        No, I was paying attention.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
          I didn't notice it until now.

          Was it more obvious where you lived than where I lived?

          Did political correctness mask it previously?
          I think it is just easier to see now. With all these social media platforms for people to hear and be heard, everyone has a voice. And now it is in your face. Think before social media, what did you and all your friends talk about? We talked about our hobbies, football, martial arts, and drinking beer. Stuff that we like doing. Every once in a while when elections came around, we would talk a little bit about it. Now, it's on the news constantly, it's all over social media for some reason, and it's all over martial arts forums. Seems like it's all anyone is talking about.

          Because of that, I think people are making it more important than it is. People need to lay down the facebook and spend their time getting back to the things they like to do. Talk about those things, and let politics take a back seat where they belong.

          Subsequently, I've blocked everyone on my facebook that talks about politics. It's made facebook a lot better.
          Combatives training log.

          Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

          Drum thread

          Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

          "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by BKR View Post
            No, I was paying attention.
            What did you do in order to pay attention?
            Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
              I think it is just easier to see now. With all these social media platforms for people to hear and be heard, everyone has a voice. And now it is in your face. Think before social media, what did you and all your friends talk about? We talked about our hobbies, football, martial arts, and drinking beer. Stuff that we like doing. Every once in a while when elections came around, we would talk a little bit about it. Now, it's on the news constantly, it's all over social media for some reason, and it's all over martial arts forums. Seems like it's all anyone is talking about.

              Because of that, I think people are making it more important than it is. People need to lay down the facebook and spend their time getting back to the things they like to do. Talk about those things, and let politics take a back seat where they belong.

              Subsequently, I've blocked everyone on my facebook that talks about politics. It's made facebook a lot better.
              This makes sense. I dislike checking facebook because there is too much politics on it. I keep it simply to keep track of old friends with whom I would otherwise have no interaction.

              How is it less important than people think though? Isn't it causing political and legal outcomes at this time?
              Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
                I have not posted recently about politics because it is getting me down.

                Is anyone else out there very very concerned about the dishonest fear mongering and manufacturing if hate?

                Donald Trump hinting there are "middle easterners" in that migrant caravan scared me. How did a whole group of people, many of whom are fine US citizens, become some negative scare word for millions of Trump supporters? Do you agree with me that this is extremely irresponsible and dangerous.

                Also with the assertions he is making that anyone who votes Democrat is a mob and responsible for political violence. Based on my time living in urban areas this is a false and surreal accusation. Culturally many of those he condemns literally do not know how to operate firearms and are afraid of them. If anything this group is in fact the vulnerable group.

                Am I wrong to think this kind of very toxic, divisive, and dehumanizing rhetoric mostly comes from the Republican party? Let me know your thoughts.

                I don't fit in with either party. Therefore I feel like extremists in either party would dislike me. I feel less safe today than during 9/11 and am more concerned with domestic political stuff than anything perceived as foreign. 9/11 was a one time outlier event but the toxic shift in politics could become structural.

                I am afraid that stuff like internment camps could come back because all of a sudden it seems like Donald Trump made the Republican party basically the party that is against Americans with recent foreign ancestry. He may not have said so explicitly but he is always saying negative things about foreigners; for example his recent talking about ending birthright citizenship seems to hint he sees foreign born citizens as illegitimate. What do you think? Give me some grounding here. Realistic or not?
                You lost all credibility when you pointed one finger instead of two. Zero ability to see past your own bias.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
                  I didn't notice it until now.

                  Was it more obvious where you lived than where I lived?

                  Did political correctness mask it previously?
                  Get your head out of your ass, dummy.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
                    What did you do in order to pay attention?
                    Perform civic duty by following what is going on in politics/government, from various sources, so I can make informed decisions at the voting booth.

                    You should try it sometime.
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

                    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It’s about have a basic ability to think critically. It’s not magic.

                      For instance, anyone who looks at CNN and Fox News and sees one as biased and the other as objective is a complete fucking moron. They can’t be helped. It’s like trying to teach a catfish to do calculus.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post

                        How is it less important than people think though?
                        One, it's less important because I see people arguing with others on facebook rather than taking their kids outside and playing with them. People think it is more important to complain about politics than to see what their kids are doing in day to day life. Or arguing on facebook when you know you aren't changing anyone's opinions. News media think it is more important to bash Trump on TV than report on the positive things going on in the world. Talk show hosts, who used to have entertaining comedy shows now spend the majority of the time trashing the president and sowing hate and discontent. What's more important? living a good life. Supporting your family. Taking the cards you are dealt and working with them to better yourself and your offspring.

                        Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post

                        Isn't it causing political and legal outcomes at this time?
                        Nothing changes other than politicians getting rich. People freak out about these short little spurts of activity. In reality, anything that is broke can be fixed. Anything that is done can be undone. Worst case scenario, we have a new reality to live in and we will adapt and press on. But no, in my opinion, politicians don't do anything. Nothing changes. The country just keeps going down the road it is on and everything else is just bumps in the highway.

                        That's my take anyway.
                        Combatives training log.

                        Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

                        Drum thread

                        Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

                        "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

                        Comment


                          #13
                          FTTFY
                          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            FTTFY
                            FTFY?
                            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Devil View Post
                              It’s about have a basic ability to think critically. It’s not magic.

                              For instance, anyone who looks at CNN and Fox News and sees one as biased and the other as objective is a complete fucking moron. They can’t be helped. It’s like trying to teach a catfish to do calculus.
                              https://www.carolinacountry.com/caro...tfish-paradise

                              Falling for Judo since 1980

                              "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                              "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                              "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X