The Antifascist Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Antifascist Thread

So, who are these folks, anyway ? I wanted to start a thread about this topic outside of posts in the TSPS.

I had a hard time finding anything other than Trump-dog-whistling about how evil "antifa" is, but finally ran across this rambling, disorganized, group.

It's tough to follow, but well worth looking at. They have some informative articles posted.

You can find them on bookface as well, if you dare...

https://rosecityantifa.org/
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Antifa just stands for Anti-Fascist. There is no governing body, no hierarchy, no CEO or President or Grand Dragon or Leveled Initiate.
    Just youth opposed to fascism.
    Anyone who tells you any different is trying to sell you something.

End of story.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Comment

Says the Republican who is terrified of Muslims and praises anti-government and libertarian ideals.

Your hypocrisy and lack of self awareness knows no bounds.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I already vented last week about how I feel about Antifa. I agree with Devil. These guys are nothing but outrage snowflakes who are offended at literally everything. I don't agree they should be ignored. These guys are terrorist and should be treated as such.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
            Says the Republican who is terrified of Muslims and praises anti-government and libertarian ideals.

Your hypocrisy and lack of self awareness knows no bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
              I already vented last week about how I feel about Antifa. I agree with Devil. These guys are nothing but outrage snowflakes who are offended at literally everything. I don't agree they should be ignored. These guys are terrorist and should be treated as such.

Comment

California has bad case of stupid when it comes to Antifa. Much like the rest of country has a bad case of Proud Boys and White Nationalists. Extremists are vermin.
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

California has bad case of stupid when it comes to Antifa. Much like the rest of country has a bad case of Proud Boys and White Nationalists. Extremists are vermin.

Comment

Antifa just stands for Anti-Fascist. There is no governing body, no hierarchy, no CEO or President or Grand Dragon or Leveled Initiate.
                    Just youth opposed to fascism.
                    Anyone who tells you any different is trying to sell you something.

End of story.
                    Nobody told me anything.

I'm not attacking anyone. Let's share information, see if we can get to the truthy part of the matter.

I too, am an antifascist, BTW.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                      You’re one of the most extreme nutcases to ever post on this website. In fact, you’re so extreme you can’t even see your own extremism. You’re the worst kind. A blind zealot.
                      Says the guy talking about happily shooting american citizens and killing people for the religious beliefs instead of following the law of the land and the Constitution.

Please refer to my many previous posts about your projection, hypocrisy, and lack of self awareness.

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                      Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine with shooting at them if we want to treat them like terrorists. I just think they’re impotent.
                      BILL HICKS,
                      1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

It's tough to ignore folks who get in your face, often obviously looking for a fight, at an event that is a legal exercise of 1st Amendment rights.

Doesn't help when the local police have a kid-gloves approach to either group, either.

Comment

It's the fascism of the anti-fascists that gets to me.

Terrorists ? Not yet, anyway, AFIK.

Comment

Get a Room, Lover Boys

You guys get a room somewhere else, this isn't supposed to be a troll thread.

Comment

Says the guy talking about happily shooting american citizens and killing people for the religious beliefs instead of following the law of the land and the Constitution.

Please refer to my many previous posts about your projection, hypocrisy, and lack of self awareness.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X