Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kuwaiti Writer Abdullah Al-Hadlaq: Israel Is a Legitimate State, Not an Occupier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuwaiti Writer Abdullah Al-Hadlaq: Israel Is a Legitimate State, Not an Occupier

Things like this make me hopeful for a peaceful coexistence. I wish more than anything that the conversation didn't revolve around religion, but regardless I'm glad to hear voices of reason from both sides.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Interesting view from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42094105

It looks like a lot of the Gulf States are closer to Israel over their mutual dislike of Iran. Interesting times for sure

Comment

Originally posted by scipio View Post
      Interesting view from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42094105

It looks like a lot of the Gulf States are closer to Israel over their mutual dislike of Iran. Interesting times for sure
      It is blatantly " Lets all beat these guys up and go back to fighting each other when there are gone"

With Trump saying " We are not going to participate other than to put a base in Israel so nobody f**ks with them and then sell you as many weapons as possible to make sure we profit from it and you have a better chance of winning"

And no doubt "Oh and heres the number for my friends private security company"
      King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
        Things like this make me hopeful for a peaceful coexistence. I wish more than anything that the conversation didn't revolve around religion, but regardless I'm glad to hear voices of reason from both sides.
        Well shit. He framed the hell the out that barn. If you believe in ancient OT God it only makes logical sense. I mean... They came in like sheep. Just kinda set up shop like cats around a fire. Haven't really been moving to any of the other rooms in the house. Just not talking shit... cause God said it was cool. It all matches up. I am impressed.

That other fellow he was talking to didn't seem really impressed tho.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
          Well shit. He framed the hell the out that barn. If you believe in ancient OT God it only makes logical sense. I mean... They came in like sheep. Just kinda set up shop like cats around a fire. Haven't really been moving to any of the other rooms in the house. Just not talking shit... cause God said it was cool. It all matches up. I am impressed.

That other fellow he was talking to didn't seem really impressed tho.
          I like that he went the logical diplomatic route, than when the other guy took it to religion he went there too, and was able to defend his position equally from both sides.

Yeah the other guy wasn't impressed, but I don't expect extremists to be impressed.

What impresses me is the growing number of these voices of reason in Arab media being played on state run Arab TV. That to me is huge. Ten years ago, you would have to search hard to find these sorts of voices of reason being played on state run Arab media, and then they were usually being shouted down by everyone including the host. Now they are being treated as a valid opinion. It gives me hope that we can work this shit out in my lifetime, and if not mine then at least maybe my kids or grand kids will know peace.
          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X