• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    My headline pretty much says it all. This story smells like death:
    https://apnews.com/9d8e5e8e9245412ab...ver-ghost-town
    Yeesh. You called that one, alright.

"Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

You would think it would have been easier to find a more skilled flat earther engineering and rocket science team...
      I think, you know, you kinda nailed the problem there.

Comment

Lol, the Earth got the last word by making him flat!

Comment

64 is a great run. He died doing something he enjoyed, hope he didn’t suffer too much.
          "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

CNN still isn't mentioning Flat Earth, because the Science Channel was apparently going to do a series with him, something they're getting a lot of flak for online. Apparently SC is the reason we have such spectacular death footage.

And why not? Science and Discovery Channel need new content. TLC was started by NASA and is now best known for Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and My 600 Lb Life. Maybe SC knew how this would turn out, so they were sure to have a crew there to film the eventual train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post

And so it would seem you were right.....

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...61e13d476a9362
              The article is interesting. His agent or whatever says the flat earth thing was a gag he was using to sell the stunt, he didn't really believe that BS. Also, the failure was that he ripped the chute off during takeoff, so there was nothing but gravity once he reached apex. And, for those of you who didn't click through, there's video.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Is it terribly morbid of me to wonder if he knew what had happened as soon as he launched ?

Although death is no laughing matter but somebody really should edit the video to include "I believe I can fly" playing in the back ground.

R Kelly however at least in the song did not believe he could land.

King without a crown

Comment

The article is interesting. His agent or whatever says the flat earth thing was a gag he was using to sell the stunt, he didn't really believe that BS. Also, the failure was that he ripped the chute off during takeoff, so there was nothing but gravity once he reached apex. And, for those of you who didn't click through, there's video.
                  That was really really ill conceived. Who doesn't have a backup chute? I mean just put a rig on for fuck sake. I could have had a rocket quick release harness made up out of drag car safety gear in about 10 mins.
                  Then have your crew on the ground,who should be in your ear the whole time, let you know your chute was bad and your going to have to jump as soon as the engine shuts down.
                  Last edited by Raycetpfl; 2/24/2020 8:31am, .
                  The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

I just read that what might have happened was the cockpit ladder wasn't pulled away, and it tore the chute out as the thrust started.

If so, damn sloppy. Amateur rocketeering is perilous enough when you aren't strapping yourself in, but the parachute is the most important thing to get right. A melted one means messy splashdown, a poorly designed one can mean your rocket floats off into the next county.

Comment

Called it. I said way back in the beginning that the FE thing was just a put on by this guy. He just wanted the funding. Well I hope the rush was worth it.
                      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

Called it. I said way back in the beginning that the FE thing was just a put on by this guy. He just wanted the funding. Well I hope the rush was worth it.
                        Yep, good call.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Darwin Award nominee.
                          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                            Darwin Award nominee.
                            There is an actual site for those, he hasn't been posted yet but is definitely going to be a 2020 winner.

https://darwinawards.com

One of my favorite sites (other than BS). Some of these are simply unbelievable at first, thankfully the site verifies all stories to keep urban legends out.

Mike Hughes isn't the first Daredevil to launch himself in a can into space and won't be the last. But damn, pre-flight and launch checks are important especially for "amateur" astronauts.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                              Darwin Award nominee.
                              He died while daring greatly. There are worse ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

He died while daring greatly. There are worse ways to go.
                                I've been watching old Super Dave (Bob Einstein) videos trying to cheer myself over this catastrophe. It works pretty well, Bob was with us up until about year ago.

From all accounts so far, the after action review shows that Mike Hugh's was likely killed by a ladder, which kill about 300 people a year. Huh.

If he really did punk all the Flat Earthers...if that could be proven somehow, it would be one of the greatest pranks of all time.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X