The First Amendment and Boobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Right... So he was fired over making an offensive political statement.
    Offensive? Really?

Jemele Hill also made an offensive political statement, i.e. Trump is a white supremacist.

Or do you not think it is offense to call a man, whose own daughter is Jewish, a white supremacist?
    She's not Jewish according to many Jews, is she Mike. You can probably give us the numbers.

Yeah, I think there's no offense. The shoe fits Trump. He has no clothes, he might as well wear a hot pair.

Comment

Aw... Someone got upset over "boobs" and now can't even admit that the man actually scooped two stories and set the narrative for them. Your intellectual honesty is sadly very low.
      The "man" excommunicated himself from mainstream journalism by acting like a clown on what could have been a serious discussion, according to every one of you.

What's odd is your focus on Brooke, the WO-man who pulled his mic, but according to this OP, "freaked out".

I liked her "freak out". It's called taking charge.

You wanna keep going?

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
        The discussion was of boobs, the first admendment and feigned outrage of a biased pendent posing as a journalist.
        The discussion was of "boobs"?

No, it wasn't at all. It's really weird how you summarized that 3-way conversation.

When I say "you didn't watch the segment", it was the truth Joe.

Pendent, Joe? Explain yourself. Words matter, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
          The "man" excommunicated himself from mainstream journalism by acting like a clown on what could have been a serious discussion, according to every one of you.

What's odd is your focus on Brooke, the WO-man who pulled his mic, but according to this OP, "freaked out".

I liked her "freak out". It's called taking charge.

You wanna keep going?
          Bull. The voice in her earpiece decided the time for his mic cut.

Comment

Bull. The voice in her earpiece decided the time for his mic cut.
            Shut up and read this before I get you banned for claiming something you can't prove.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-he-could-not/

It’s been a little over two years since ESPN chose to part with Bill Simmons and although the popular personality who loved to test the network’s boundaries and push his bosses’ buttons has moved on to other things, he couldn’t help but notice the kerfuffle last week over Jemele Hill’s tweets calling President Trump a “white supremacist.”

That drew a rebuke from the People Who Run ESPN, and running afoul of management is something that Simmons knows all about. He was suspended for daring the network to do just that and going on to call Commissioner Roger Goodell, whose NFL happens to be a broadcast partner of the network, a “liar” in a podcast.

In his weekly mailbag Friday for The Ringer, the site he founded after leaving ESPN, Simmons was asked whether he was bothered that, after White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders called for her to be fired, Hill is still employed while Simmons was pushed out for offering his opinion. Even the president weighed in on Hill, tweeting: “ESPN is paying a really big price for its politics (and bad programming). People are dumping it in RECORD numbers. Apologize for untruth!”

Simmons says the distinction between his situation and Hill’s “doesn’t bother me” and he admires her for what he sees as her triumph.

“Neither of us should have been suspended,” he wrote. But I enjoyed how brilliantly Jemele checkmated her bosses. She knew ESPN couldn’t punish her for speaking candidly, as a black woman, about a president whose pattern of behavior toward women and minorities speaks for itself. She used her platform and it worked. Now she has a higher profile than she did three days ago. She seems more fearless and genuine than she did three days ago. She doubled down on a fan base that already liked her and openly shunned the other side. And she flipped her relationship with ESPN — now, the company needs Jemele Hill more than she needs the company.
            Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/18/2017 5:37pm, .

Comment

Shut up and read this before I get you banned for claiming something you can't prove.

Make your appeal to the staff for the ban crybaby. This could easily be a part of the shitpost thread and a big part of the stink is from you. Go on.

Comment

It is so fucking difficult to understand your position.

To anyone with eyes and ears, it is clear that someone told her to pull the mic, it was not Brooke who made the call. It was obvious that the producers room was frantically trying to figure out the best course of action. If it was up to Brooke, why didn't she pull the mic as soon as she heard it, like, 4 seconds in (and no, I don't accept she heard "booze" and needed clarification). It was those in her ear that have that control, which is why it took "200 seconds".
                GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                Originally posted by Devil
                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                  It is so fucking difficult to understand your position.

To anyone with eyes and ears, it is clear that someone told her to pull the mic, it was not Brooke who made the call.

It was obvious that the producers room was frantically trying to figure out the best course of action.

If it was up to Brooke, why didn't she pull the mic as soon as she heard it, like, 4 seconds in (and no, I don't accept she heard "booze" and needed clarification).

It was those in her ear that have that control, which is why it took "200 seconds".
                  Who told her to pull the mic?

Which producers were in the room, and who gave the order?

It was up to Brooke: she gave him time and then some.

200 seconds per hour is market in America, bitch.

Comment

Make your appeal to the staff for the ban crybaby. This could easily be a part of the shitpost thread and a big part of the stink is from you. Go on.
                    Just be honest when you post, Joe and you have nothing to worry about.

If you lie, the judgement will be proportional.

But seriously, there's only one sentence, Dredd-style.

Cut mic.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                      These moral positions are a loud minority and should no way be presented as mainstream.
                      But it's the loud minority that generates clicks and ad revenue.

Comment

Just to clear up any misconceptions, that's not the way it works, here.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Fuck your hyperbole, pship.
                          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                            Nope, not in the least.

Used to be much more strict ... like when IIF had the time and will to do so, and even then it was based on MA claims on people under investigation or part of investigation, or serious accusations against staff and poster.
                            Now it is a case by case and situation by situation thing.

I personally don't even like doing that unless it has been covered and been over before..
                            Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/18/2017 6:38pm, .

Comment

Offensive? Really?

She's not Jewish according to many Jews, is she Mike. You can probably give us the numbers.

Yeah, I think there's no offense. The shoe fits Trump. He has no clothes, he might as well wear a hot pair.
                              She's not Jewish according to who?

The Israeli Rabbinut recognizes her(and thus her children) as Jewish. Sure I guess there are some extremists out there who doubt the sincerity of her conversion, but then... well they are extremists.

Is the statement offensive? Yes. One of the major planks of the White Supremacist platform is the extermination of the Jews. Are you saying that Trump actively contemplates fillicide?
                              Last edited by Michael Tzadok; 9/19/2017 12:27am, .

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                                Nope, not in the least.

Used to be much more strict ... like when IIF had the time and will to do so, and even then it was based on MA claims on people under investigation or part of investigation, or serious accusations against staff and poster.
                                Now it is a case by case and situation by situation thing.

I personally don't even like doing that unless it has been covered and been over before..
                                What? Pship doesn't control the staff and decide who gets to stay or who gets to go? Glad you cleared that up.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X