Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voter ID - must have valid PosterID to post here

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Again, your opinion. Some places wherein open dialog is to be had between persons of differing viewpoints-

http://www.bridgealliance.us/ourmembers

found through

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/art...together_again
    Ummm...just no. Actions speak for themselves. I will give just one example in the so called voter ID laws which were clearly orchestrated to keep minorities from voting. Again this is just ONE example of how the republicans act toward minorities. It's not opinion at this point, it's demonstrated fact.

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ummm...just no. Actions speak for themselves. I will give just one example in the so called voter ID laws which were clearly orchestrated to keep minorities from voting. Again this is just ONE example of how the republicans act toward minorities. It's not opinion at this point, it's demonstrated fact.
    Wow, I didn't realize the Republicans controlled Virginia or Wisconsin.
    (edit) whoops, my bad
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Why are voter ID laws targeting minorities? You say they are "clearly orchestrated" so this should be no problem for you to explain. With facts, not your ubiquitous biased opinion.
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        Wow, I didn't realize the Republicans controlled Virginia or Wisconsin.
        (edit) whoops, my bad
        The Governor in Wisconsin is the worst. I would take Trump over him.
        Last edited by Raycetpfl; 9/07/2017 11:44am, .

Comment

We have to present IDs to buy firearms.

So are those law requiring IDs to buy firearms orchestrated by a bunch of racists trying to keep people of color from owning firearms?
          "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            We have to present IDs to buy firearms.

So are those law requiring IDs to buy firearms orchestrated by a bunch of racists trying to keep people of color from owning firearms?

Are you familiar with the Black Panthers?

Comment

Why are voter ID laws targeting minorities? You say they are "clearly orchestrated" so this should be no problem for you to explain. With facts, not your ubiquitous biased opinion.
              You can clearly and easily Google that bullshit yourself. It's old news and has already been proven to death.

Comment

You can clearly and easily Google that bullshit yourself. It's old news and has already been proven to death.
                No, it hasn't and you don't have a clue. Sound bites do not an issue make.

God, you're lazy too.

Why would the requirement for a voter ID represent an effort to suppress minority voting? Your thought on the matter. Note I did not request plural, as in more than one, thought. We'll ease into this dialog thingy so as you don't feel too pressured and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  It's the opinion of multiple federal judges that it was meant specifically to disenfranchise black voters.
                  Why would requiring an ID disenfranchise black voters? Honest question, I know this has been done to death, but I feel this audience can really benefit from this discussion.
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

It's the opinion of multiple federal judges that it was meant specifically to disenfranchise black voters.
                    And with others, not. This one will head to the Supreme Court to have it's day I think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.19dd25789bc8

more in the article.

We have it here in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/article/5514260

More than 74.3 percent of Oklahoma voters approved the state's voter identification law when it was placed on the ballot in November 2010.

More than 30 states have laws requesting or requiring voters to show some form of identification at the polls, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Courts have struck down some of those laws, while others have been upheld.

Comment

And with others, not. This one will head to the Supreme Court to have it's day I think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.19dd25789bc8

more in the article.

We have it here in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/article/5514260
                      I should point out here that I don't find it necessarily unreasonable to show some ID for voting, it's the blatant bullshit behind the republicans push for it that I take issue with.

Comment

I should point out here that I don't find it necessarily unreasonable to show some ID for voting, it's the blatant bullshit behind the republicans push for it that I take issue with.
                        You don't find it unreasonable yourself but others pushing for it make it bullshit because they're of a different political party.

Got it.

Just wanted to quote capture for posterity.
                        Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/07/2017 1:23pm, . Reason: cause I took out a word

Comment

You don't find it unreasonable yourself but others pushing for it make it bullshit because they're of a different political party.

Got it.

Just wanted to quote to capture for posterity.
                          Well payed, sir.
                          "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                            Why would requiring an ID disenfranchise black voters? Honest question, I know this has been done to death, but I feel this audience can really benefit from this discussion.
                            There were studies conducted in NC on which kinds of ID black voters likely to not have. Those were the only ones that the new laws would allow for voting...... True story. It was pretty systematic

Comment

There were studies conducted in NC on which kinds of ID black voters likely to not have. Those were the only ones that the new laws would allow for voting...... True story. It was pretty systematic

Be that as it may, it's a perfectly logical requirement to vote.
                              Ihre papieren bitte.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X