About that sarin attack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
    See, this is why I frustrate people. You do realize there is a new report out, which doesn't assess blame, that says there was Sarin gas or something similar used? Now, this goes back to what I alluded to about Russia, Syria and misinformation in my earlier post. It is why I said "meh." This is nothing new, it is just people freak out and complain when it is America. You have decided, as you continue to build your argument, to believe this article is true.

It may be interesting to you, but it is the typical "here's a theory watch me run with it" article full of passive America bashing. Yes, I read the entire article and I am still at "meh." For example:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...035811755.html

Now, this doesn't prove anything about the machinations behind the attack. It also doesn't prove if the bomb carried the Chemical agents or if they were in a bunker like Assad and the Russians claim.
    "Satin or something similar" doesn't necessarily exclude the secondary explosion theory, like you said, so we still have a situation where there's no smoking gun. I'm leaning towards Hersh's theory but I started off skeptical of it, and I'm arguing it largely for the sake of debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandem View Post
      "Satin or something similar" doesn't necessarily exclude the secondary explosion theory, like you said, so we still have a situation where there's no smoking gun. I'm leaning towards Hersh's theory but I started off skeptical of it, and I'm arguing it largely for the sake of debate.
      When you debate a theory the first thing you do is punch holes in it or make confirmations. Here's the problem, I already know what to expect from the entire WMDs concerning Desert Storm and all of the garbage entailed in that fiasco. So far, the article does more to make America's intelligence look stupid than anything confirming or denying Sarin use backed by the government or not.

Comment

When you debate a theory the first thing you do is punch holes in it or make confirmations. Here's the problem, I already know what to expect from the entire WMDs concerning Desert Storm and all of the garbage entailed in that fiasco. So far, the article does more to make America's intelligence look stupid than anything confirming or denying Sarin use backed by the government or not.
        No author, no information on where it came from.
        Just the below quote at the bottom.
        Originally posted by article
        Source: Al Jazeera and news agencies
        One link in the article (all the sourced links go back to an Al Jazeera page or article, actually) send you to this page ... the Russia News page...
        http://www.aljazeera.com/topics/country/russia.html
        UNITED STATES
        Trump's Euro-trip: Five big issues to watch
        What happens when you mix Trump, Putin, Merkel, Xi, and zombie protesters with trade, defence and climate change?
        which at the time gave me that quote and this screenshot

So you know ...

Comment

I agree about the holes, the main reason I'm defending the article is that ideally you should have someone trying to plug the holes too. I don't think the article conclusively proves there was no Sarin attack, but the issues it raises do cast serious doubts, so I'm inclined to take the innocent until proven guilty stance

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X