Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Ossof lose in the Georgia special election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The popular vote gap for Clinton in CA alone was significantly more than the gap for the entire nation.
    That seems to support the notion of the EC to me.
    Both ways have their shitty parts but majority rules seems to make the most sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
      Given that both parties are probably influenced by Wall Street, and given that most if not all members of the Congress and Senate are probably rich, but it is the Republicans who are pushing for financial deregulation, why do some voters equate Democrats more closely with Wall Street?
      Because reading is hard and BUILD THAT WALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
        No, they won by getting more EC votes, just like Trump did.
        Yes, AND another 90,000 votes in just three states changes the entire 2016 outcome. A 90,000 vote difference in three battleground states is the slimmest of margins and nothing to hang your hat on. Yet I'm watching it get used as the justification to not worry, the Democrats don't get the Electoral college works...what?

Dump Pelosi? Democratic strategy doesn't work? Democrats don't get the Electoral college???

Na...that's all bullshit. The GOP had just better get some work done, fast and stop getting so distracted (esp. by Trump's bullshit). They can't even figure out the fix for the ACA, their #1 issue for almost a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          People are complex,but I believe he wanted to be on the right side of history ultimately.
          https://www.amazon.com/Inside-White-...he+white+house

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
            Both ways have their shitty parts but majority rules seems to make the most sense to me.
            That's mob rule. The Founders spoke out against that too.

Of course nothing stops any of the 50 States from being run that way.

A Representative Republic is the best way to go, if you look at history. Are they perfect, of course not. But they are the best form we've seen.

Comment

The Economist did a write up of the Georgia election: http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...06/kick-ossoff

If anything, from reading on this thread, I get that it's not that centrism is defunct. It's more that Ossof got a lot of outside funding and subsequently veered towards centrism (away from "Make Trump Furious"). Of course that would contribute to the appearance of the guy being under control of outside actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
                Yes, AND another 90,000 votes in just three states changes the entire 2016 outcome. A 90,000 vote difference in three battleground states is the slimmest of margins and nothing to hang your hat on. Yet I'm watching it get used as the justification to not worry, the Democrats don't get the Electoral college works...what?

Dump Pelosi? Democratic strategy doesn't work? Democrats don't get the Electoral college???

Na...that's all bullshit. The GOP had just better get some work done, fast and stop getting so distracted (esp. by Trump's bullshit). They can't even figure out the fix for the ACA, their #1 issue for almost a decade.

That little bit of strategy was open to anyone.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X