President Trump Official Shitpost Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
    As usual, you have everything wrong. This EO is bad, butt you've managed to miss all of the important reasons why.

First off, an EO that purports to undo a piece of legislation is a breach of the separation of powers. The executive branch doesn't get to reverse laws that the legislature passed. We've seen the executive order process abused a lot, and that didn't start with Trump, but as far as I know this is a new low.

Then let's consider the real probable impact of such an order. It won't do accomplish its ostensible purpose. Sites won't censor less once they are liable. They'll censor more. They'll censor anything that is at all likely to come back on them.

Would Bullshido be susceptible to lawsuits from former investigation subjects? I think it's unlikely. More probably, the site would either shut down, or fly the black flag and hope that this EO is not accepted by the courts. That's risky and could be expensive, but that expense will probably be borne by the big sites that are also at risk.

None of this is in praise of Trump. I think he fucked up here. This is shitty. It must not stand.

But you'll notice I didn't have to insult other people here to make that point, or lump it in with angry rants about conservatives generally. That's because my point is grounded in actual issues, not just a springboard to leap to conclusions about people I hate.

Fuck this EO, and fuck the people who use it as a shield for their hate.
    I somewhat disagree. Yes checks and balances are important, but IMHO that ship has sailed and been decommissioned. I also don't think that whatever the final order ends up being will be any kind of blatant attack on the first. I see it as being a law that allows for the harrassment of the first for the purposes of getting people to just give up and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

^This is you being a dumb shit lumping everyone who didn't vote your way into one all unifying think alike and toe the line of support for the Orange One herd.

Excuses my ass.

Weak troll. You can do better. We have hills here too. Tallest in the world in fact. I'm also in mental decline. Throw those favorite descriptives in your reply. I can take it.

Me thinks you take it too personally.

I would like to point out that I am not lumping anyone into anything. I merely pointing the finger at the guilty party. Now if you can name any other mass group that is actively supporting this order or actively enabling it through misdirection and false excuses then I will be glad to lump them in as well.

On a side note you've mentioned hillbillies a few times now so I need some context to proceed. Are you upset that I'm making fun of hillbillies or are you upset that I haven't officially classified you as one??

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

I somewhat disagree. Yes checks and balances are important, but IMHO that ship has sailed and been decommissioned. I also don't think that whatever the final order ends up being will be any kind of blatant attack on the first. I see it as being a law that allows for the harrassment of the first for the purposes of getting people to just give up and move on.
        Before I address what you have said, I need to understand what you mean by "the first". The first what? Sorry, I'm not following.

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post

Before I address what you have said, I need to understand what you mean by "the first". The first what? Sorry, I'm not following.
          The first amendment.

Comment

The first amendment.
            Thank you for clarifying. I thought you might mean that, but wanted to be sure.

I have looked more carefully into the matter and I realized I conflated a couple of things. The idea of repealing section 230 is not in the executive order. That was in one of his tweets, and I have no idea if anything will happen with it. Generally, not much does unless someone specifically follows up on it. He's tweeted a lot of things that never went anywhere, but were very effective distractions.

His executive order, in fact, specifically relies upon provisions of the CDA which require companies which seek its protection to enforce their terms of service impartially and without political bias. Therefore, his executive order could be seen as enforcing that existing law. Of course, he is using it to punish his enemies, but to that extent it's not actually unconstitutional. I'm slightly surprised.

I still think all of this is damned foolishness, and I don't appreciate his stupid tweet at all, but it's not as bad as I feared.

Comment

Me thinks you take it too personally.

I would like to point out that I am not lumping anyone into anything. I merely pointing the finger at the guilty party. Now if you can name any other mass group that is actively supporting this order or actively enabling it through misdirection and false excuses then I will be glad to lump them in as well.

On a side note you've mentioned hillbillies a few times now so I need some context to proceed. Are you upset that I'm making fun of hillbillies or are you upset that I haven't officially classified you as one??
              Meh

We've yanked the other's chain enough over the years for you to know it's nothing personal. I'm merely pointing out your tendency to lump people into groups of one thought, running through life with blinders on herd mentality.

Until there's a strong centrist third party (Indepent maybe someday?) in US politics I'll continue to vote for candidates that closest come to my Libertarian idea of how this country should work. Sometimes holding my nose while I pencil in the candidate.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Meh

We've yanked the other's chain enough over the years for you to know it's nothing personal. I'm merely pointing out your tendency to lump people into groups of one thought, running through life with blinders on herd mentality.

Until there's a strong centrist third party (Indepent maybe someday?) in US politics I'll continue to vote for candidates that closest come to my Libertarian idea of how this country should work. Sometimes holding my nose while I pencil in the candidate.

I was hoping that was more the case, I mean jeez I'm nothing if not predictable.

Comment

I was hoping that was more the case, I mean jeez I'm nothing if not predictable.
                  I'd buy you a beer but you're in Illinois. Drinking it for you now. Cause a giver.

Comment

Honestly, I feel ashamed that I bought into Trump's hyper-dramatized frame. The way to address this is not through escalating the drama, but through mockery. The law does not concern itself with trifles. You're not happy on Twitter, Donny? Go somewhere else.

Comment

Who here is looking forward to the upcoming Presidential debates?

Ugly is about to see new meaning.

Comment

Who here is looking forward to the upcoming Presidential debates?

Ugly is about to see new meaning.
                        Will there be a pillow fight with both men perched on a log over a large tank of water?

Comment

Seriously-

We, old enough to remember, had no for the general populace, any idea of President Regan's mental decline. I can't help but believe that the former Vice President's presumptive VP pick is but a placeholder for his eventual replacement. Cause lack of mental faculties. Then again, I'm posting as one in self admitted decline.

Getting old sucks. Trying to wax eloculent while staying on point, more so.

All misspelling or grammatical errors are my own. Cause 1/2 here. More so than the basement. Took one day off during the Covid scare. Cause lazy and deemed essential.

We were talking about what.....-?

Comment

If that's true, I sure as hell hope he doesn't pick Stacey Abrams.

Comment

Well there’s something we can’t blame on Trump - the riots going on right now, why can’t people protest in peace? Stay safe all.
                              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                                Well there’s something we can’t blame on Trump - the riots going on right now, why can’t people protest in peace? Stay safe all.
                                I'm not saying the blame lies solely on him but the President is responsible for safeguarding America. If they fail in that duty, they've failed as a President. I don't think he's fit for the job and I think his incompetent handling of the pandemic, his many appeals to racism, his derision of peaceful black activists like Colin Kaepernic (sp?) and his open encouragement of antagonistic attitudes in his base has significantly contributed to the magnitude of the things that did cause the riots.

The President of the United States should never be heard appealing to racist politics or violence; both of which he's done repeatedly.

We are living through historic troubles right now and while this guy didn't invent riots but he sure seems dedicated to making matters worse.
                                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X