Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devil View Post
    Stupid Picture that Omega didn't look at

So nothing to say. Allow me to pronounce my victory again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
      Nationalism puts "country" first among other, sometimes more important things. That's not a mainstream position. It can be a form of zealotry. If all men are created equal, so are all countries. Patriotism is different, it's fighting FOR your country against threats. NOTE: people who you disagree with, or who don't believe in "country first", aren't threats.
      Zealotry could apply here if someone were waving a flag merely so their peers will see them waving a flag. Take this however you will, but I believe in national security. To me, this means a strong military, as well as monitoring our borders to make sure that people who mean us harm aren't able to come in and blow our shit up.
      Isolationism can mean taking care of our own by shutting off the rest of the world, which is a mistake and leads to depressions and wars, and things that come back to bite the United States. It's hard to find any evidence that isolationism is good for the US.
      I am not naive enough to believe that President Trump or anyone else will try to shut the rest of the world out. We have always been a 'good neighbor' to the rest of the world, even helping to feed and provide medical care to people who not only do not appreciate it, but later try to blow us up. We pay our idiot farmers to not plant crops and we still have a surplus--we send that food overseas and then read about hunger and homelessness in 'the land of plenty'.
      "illegally" in the country doesn't mean they broke the law.
      Technically, it does. They either entered without the proper documentation OR they overstayed their visa. I don't necessarily have an issue with these people IF they fly under the radar, don't commit crimes and don't take good jobs away from citizens. Oops! They do take jobs away from citizens (and legal immigrants).
      A lot of these are families and small children who will not survive if deported. Note, Trump and the GOP have already both agreed and backed off this position. Because it's totally inhumane and un-American to tear apart families, for almost any reason.
      I cannot, in good conscience, debate you on this point.
      Refugees are another humanitarian crisis. There is a substantial security processing system in place for refugees already. So, if enforcing the law is what you want....ask Donald Trump why he thinks it's a bad system that is going to flood America with domestic terrorists...because that's what he ran on.
      I'm not near as compassionate in this regard; I will opine that the reasons these refugees are seeking refuge vary. If they don't agree with the oppressive politics of their counties, they should seek asylum through legal avenues. There has to be a better solution to this crisis, but almost all of the EU countries are either rejecting the refugees OR at the very least, restricting them. If we get our shit in order first and establish a way to vet these refugees, then I wouldn't have an issue with it.
      Abortion restrictions are an extreme agenda...even most people who are pro-Life are not advocating taking away other women's reproductive rights. CHANGING THE LAW OF THE LAND is an extreme position.
      I am not totally opposed to abortion, and will say that it didn't have near as much to do with my vote as did Second Amendment rights and Obamacare.
      LGBT people are just starting to get the right to be LGBT in public, dude. To kiss, get married, get health care for their partners, or visitation rights in the hospital. Equality under the law isn't "more rights."
      Although I personally believe that everyone is born a male or female and should mate only with the opposite sex, I realize that when some guy or gal changes their gender or orientation, then it's not my business. Whatever blows your hair back. Having served in the military and as a government employee, I treat everyone the same. I don't care about their color / race (my family is mixed) and I don't care about how they identify, I will treat everyone with dignity and respect.
      Climate change...another thing many Republicans no longer deny, or encourage the disruption of. Because wherever I read "climate change denial" nowadays, I think "climate science disruption".
      I'm at a sub-amoeba level when it comes to understanding this and I will therefore not debate it. My education relates to mathematics and physical science, so as long as icebergs aren't in my back yard, I won't be bothered. Ignorance is bliss.
      The ACA is the only reason my mother is insurable, after suffering dementia in her early 60's. It covered a critical 3-year gap before she qualified for Medicare. It was instrumental in getting her neurological healthcare and help with the myriad of complications that arise from a frontotemporal dementia.
      Obamacare has probably helped a good number of people, I just wasn't one of them. My doper son bitched when his (covers everything with a $4.00 co-pay) insurance went up to $94.00 a month. He started working more than three days a week and they (the state) charged him a little something for his (way better than my) insurance.
      Trump doesn't scare me. Like I keep saying, I'm very 1985 about it.

What concerns me more is the critical mass of Trump supporters who will ride his presidency as a sort of Golden Ticket to promote their own extreme agenda. Trump kind of gathered all these agendas in the Big GOP Tent, now he has to deal with the machine he's created. It could turn and bite the hand that feeds.

Especially if it's being puppeteered by Russians LOL
      Only time will tell how the next four or eight years work out for us. Hopefully, it will make things better for more than it makes things worse for.
      I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Anal Destroyer's walls of angst are almost endearing.
        Not a Ween fan, are you.

GWAR, maybe?

There's some way of getting through to you. I'm positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
          So nothing to say. Allow me to pronounce my victory again.

Comment

Stupid Picture that Omega didn't look at
            You don't have to cry.

Comment

Not a Ween fan, are you.

GWAR, maybe?

There's some way of getting through to you. I'm positive.

That ain't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                You don't have to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  A. THERE ARE KIDS ON YOUR LAWN!
                  LOL, he doesn't have a lawn. Not unless you count the dirt outside his trailer park door.

Comment

LOL, he doesn't have a lawn. Not unless you count the dirt outside his trailer park door.
                    I have lived in a trailer park. I was a child. I know, I should just shut the fuck up and check my privilege.

Comment

That ain't it.
                      But they're good at war, and they'll go far!

Life in a cave ain't too roomy. Now only the penthouse will do me.

Just like Donald Trump.

Comment

I have lived in a trailer park. I was a child. I know, I should just shut the fuck up and check my white privilege.
                        Yeah I figured. Describe in single words, only the good things that come to your mind about your mother.

Comment

Yeah I figured. Describe in single words, only the good things that come to your mind about your mother.
                          'Cause poor white trash deserves whatever ills come to them, right?

Show us more of that liberal compassion.

Comment

By now, both of you're pretty much posting as dumbfuck stereotypes.

It's most unbecoming.

Comment

Some other picture making me believe I'm clever, but he still won't look at the picture. I'm so depressed
                              Do you need me to call somebody to help you or do you have your own counselor. Maybe finish your remedial reading courses and you'll feel less of a loser.

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X