What shows have you binge-watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
    I've spent a month in Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Peru each. I have an additional few weeks in Belize and Costa Rica. I also speak pretty good Spanish. I don't know why that sounds implausible to you.
    This does not sound implausible to me.

By any chance did you go there specifically to attend accelerated and immersive language training and cross cultural credit while still in school?

Or as part of family trips with your parents, whether missionary in nature or recreational?

Comment

I've spent a month in Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Peru each. I have an additional few weeks in Belize and Costa Rica. I also speak pretty good Spanish. I don't know why that sounds implausible to you.
      Well, this is the old China hand whose explorations have extended to deepest Manhattan.

Comment

Originally posted by Krampus View Post
        This does not sound implausible to me.

By any chance did you go there specifically to attend accelerated and immersive language training and cross cultural credit while still in school?

Or as part of family trips with your parents, whether missionary in nature or recreational?
        Mostly volunteering in the manual labor/construction sense. Learned to speak spanish well before I went and often acted as a translator for some of the people I was with while I was there.

Comment

New episodes of The Expanse just came out.

I am fully thankful to the TV gods today. I needed this.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
            New episodes of The Expanse just came out.

I am fully thankful to the TV gods today. I needed this.
            Papa Bezos bless.

Comment

Comment

Is there anything good to watch right now?

I'm dying of boredom here. I mined out war documentaries to the point where I want to engage in some pointless science fiction or science fantasy. What's good right now?

Watched the Expanse, Mandolorian, I'm sick of Marvel everything, watched The Boys, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm literally watching the Golden Globes right now to find ideas for something to watch. Can we get something interesting for a damn change?

Comment

I'm dying of boredom here. I mined out war documentaries to the point where I want to engage in some pointless science fiction or science fantasy. What's good right now?

Watched the Expanse, Mandolorian, I'm sick of Marvel everything, watched The Boys, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm literally watching the Golden Globes right now to find ideas for something to watch. Can we get something interesting for a damn change?
                  Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Have you watched Chernobyl yet?

Comment

Have you watched Chernobyl yet?
                      I haven't but I'm not in the mood to be downered into Soviet oblivion right now.

I was hoping for something distracting and preferably fictional. Far, far away and all that jazz.

Comment

I haven't but I'm not in the mood to be downered into Soviet oblivion right now.

I was hoping for something distracting and preferably fictional. Far, far away and all that jazz.
                        Have you seen Altered Carbon yet?

Comment

Yeah. Too recent to watch it again.

Comment

Loved that show.

I like the author of the book, Richard Morgan, even better. The book was great and one of his other books, 13, was also brilliant.
                            Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

When I get in this mode, I binge watch classics. They never get old.

The A-Team

The Six Million Dollar Man.

Knight Rider.

The Incredible Hulk.

AIRWOLF.

Miami Vice.

The original Battlestar Galactica.

Manimal..
                              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
                                Loved that show.

I like the author of the book, Richard Morgan, even better. The book was great and one of his other books, 13, was also brilliant.
                                If you haven't read Market Forces I recommend changing that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X