Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shows have you binge-watched?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Radius: I wish they had explained the weirdness. Otherwise, it was an interesting story, but not knowing wtf that lightning bubble was is disappointing.

    Currently watching Infiniti Chamber. Not bad, so far.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    Comment


      Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      Radius: I wish they had explained the weirdness. Otherwise, it was an interesting story, but not knowing wtf that lightning bubble was is disappointing.

      Currently watching Infiniti Chamber. Not bad, so far.
      Infiniti Chamber was a neat movie. Watch it.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

      Comment


        I'm screwed for a while. My wife's discovered Outlander. It was bound to happen eventually...and it might have been my fault. I suggested she watch the pilot...now she's got me for what, 3 seasons..
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

        My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

        Comment


          Moved on to XIII. I have the PC game, never really got into it. The Series has been on the bottom of my list, for a while, so I started it. Not bad, about what you would expect for a live-action series based on a comic. Definitely not going to win any awards for writing, but it is intriguing and cohesive enough to keep me on board, for now.
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

          Comment


            I've been watching Frankenstein Chronicles, much better than I was expecting.

            Comment


              Originally posted by submessenger View Post
              Moved on to XIII. I have the PC game, never really got into it. The Series has been on the bottom of my list, for a while, so I started it. Not bad, about what you would expect for a live-action series based on a comic. Definitely not going to win any awards for writing, but it is intriguing and cohesive enough to keep me on board, for now.
              Moron XIII. Yeah, the writing is terrible, especially the dialogue. It is very much teen angst video game cut scenes. But, at 1000 foot view, the underlying story is good, plus decent action, for a Canuck production. I'm going to see it through, I think.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

              Comment


                Anybody mention "Everything Sucks" yet?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
                  Well, you can read his fantasy novels as well, then. Reading the first one now. Seems to be what Tolkien would have written if he'd really, really enjoyed buttsex.
                  I may need to check this out.
                  For science.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ksennin View Post
                    I may need to check this out.
                    For science.
                    Don't bother. Kinda meh, to be honest. I do recommend you read all 3 of his Kovacs novels, as they're all good, the first and third in particular being readable.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      I'm screwed for a while. My wife's discovered Outlander. It was bound to happen eventually...and it might have been my fault. I suggested she watch the pilot...now she's got me for what, 3 seasons..
                      My younger son had us all watching "Burn Notice" on Netflix...I refused at first, but eventually succumbed to the bikini action.

                      So, Wrabbit, you wearing a kilt now ?
                      Falling for Judo since 1980

                      "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                      "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                      "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                        Anybody mention "Everything Sucks" yet?
                        I watched that. It was pretty bad on several levels. The amalgamation of the 90's into a unified whole. The eroticizing of a 14yr old actress with a masturbation scene. I could go on, but yeah I was hopeful for a "Wonder Years: 90's Edition" and got a gender-politics piece dressed up in 90's nostalgia.
                        Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                        "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
                          Some stuff is missing from the book. For one thing, the main character goes on about how Catholicism is retarded, which for obvious reasons did not make it in. Secondly, the hotel Kovacs is staying in was named "The Hendrix" in the book and was crewed by an AI version of Jimmy Hendrix, but I guess they didn't want to pay a trillion dollars for the rights.

                          No dealbreakers though. The main flaw so far seems to be how the main character Takeshi Kovacs was a former special-ops-turned-mercenary amoral cunthole in the book, yet the TV series makes him a failed revolutionary and idealist. I enjoy asshole protagonists, so I'm disappointed they did this to the character.

                          The series seems good, all in all. I recommend it to folks who like cyberpunk, or nudity covered in neon.
                          The Hendrix Estate wouldn't allow it. It has to do with Jimi's post war pacifism(according to them), they will not allow his likeness to be used in anything that passes a certain thresh hold of violence. Altered Carbon apparently was too violent. I think it is ironic given Hendrix's own problems with anger issues and violent outbursts. However, I find Poe to be a very interesting stand in.
                          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                          "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                          Comment


                            Well, I finished XIII.2 the other day, I need to rewatch most of that series because I must have missed something crucial with the whole face/off matrixy thing - the whole second half of the season made no sense to me. Or, maybe it just sucked. They lost me at the point Amos said to go to Phase 5 or Phase 6 or whatever in the closing moments of that episode - everything after that was nonsense. Like I said, I probably missed something.

                            In the interim, I've returned to TNG, because I'm busy this week and can't sit and concentrate on entertainment, just need the background noise. Man, that show is so ridiculous, in hindsight.
                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                              I watched that. It was pretty bad on several levels. The amalgamation of the 90's into a unified whole. The eroticizing of a 14yr old actress with a masturbation scene. I could go on, but yeah I was hopeful for a "Wonder Years: 90's Edition" and got a gender-politics piece dressed up in 90's nostalgia.

                              Ah, okay. As a person who normally hates gender politics I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and yes the 'almost masturbation' scene could have gone without but I still liked it. To each their own. (Wonder Years?)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                                Ah, okay. As a person who normally hates gender politics I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and yes the 'almost masturbation' scene could have gone without but I still liked it. To each their own. (Wonder Years?)
                                The story line was, by and large compelling. The cliff hanger ending was interesting too. My biggest objection is the 90's setting. It was more 90's nostalgia as opposed to actually being set in the 90's. That show made me understand why the original hippies disliked Woodstock 2 so much, it was hippie nostalgia aimed at entertaining a younger generation. Everything sucks is like that.
                                Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                                "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X