Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shows have you binge-watched?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
    It was. And "A Catholic Girl" (plot poooiiiint) is mentioned, but it seems to lack the antipathy against Catholicism in general.
    That's kind of disappointing.

    Comment


      Well, there's always Jack Chick tracts if you're aching for your daily dose of Catholic hating.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
        Well, there's always Jack Chick tracts if you're aching for your daily dose of Catholic hating.
        That's a different kind though. High school me loved the far left pessimist view of the future that this guy wrote about. Market Forces was fuckin' great.

        Comment


          Well, you can read his fantasy novels as well, then. Reading the first one now. Seems to be what Tolkien would have written if he'd really, really enjoyed buttsex.

          Comment


            Well I'm about 25min into the first episode. Religious protesters are still there.

            Comment


              Yes, but no obvious "THOSE ARE PAPISTS, PAPISTS ARE SILLY" commentary.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
                Yes, but no obvious "THOSE ARE PAPISTS, PAPISTS ARE SILLY" commentary.
                I think that almost may be a product of the times. Altered Carbon was published in 2003. The Catholic Church has (at least on the official level) changed A LOT since then. In the current political climate, making them evangelicals seems to make more sense honestly.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                  I think that almost may be a product of the times. Altered Carbon was published in 2003. The Catholic Church has (at least on the official level) changed A LOT since then. In the current political climate, making them evangelicals seems to make more sense honestly.
                  Uh, wait until you hit episode 4 or so, because wew. This show goes harder on catholicism than the book ever did...

                  Comment


                    I'm picking my way through Trailer Park Boys. I don't know why, it's been pretty unenjoyable. It's a tough combination of farcical and dry, to the point where most of the first season didn't really even have any identifiable gags. Based on its apparent popularity, I've been soldiering through, but there's been like three funny episodes in a period where theyve jumped the shark as many times.

                    I don't hate it just enough to keep watching to see if anything good is going to happen.
                    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

                    Originally posted by strikistanian
                    DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                    Originally posted by Devil
                    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                    Originally posted by Plasma
                    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                    Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      Binge watched "The Handmaid's Tale" on Hulu during the trial.

                      One of the best series I think I've ever seen. The dark side of revolution always makes a good story, but the acting in the show is superb, hence the awards won.

                      Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorum, bitches. The next revolution will be in written in pseudo-Latin.
                      It's a great show, but it bummed me the fuck out. They cut poor Rory's business off! I'll never see Gilmore Girls the same again.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
                        It's a great show, but it bummed me the fuck out. They cut poor Rory's business off! I'll never see Gilmore Girls the same again.
                        Assuming you haven't read the book, the ending is ambiguous unless you pay close attention..

                        Spoiler:
                        Nick busts her out of that hellhole, and may be a double agent for Mayday, which is why he seems display none of the qualities of the Sons of Jacob.
                        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                        My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          Uh, wait until you hit episode 4 or so, because wew. This show goes harder on catholicism than the book ever did...
                          Have you read Blackman (Thirteen in the states)? he has a pretty choice dig at America’s religious mid west in that one.

                          Good shout on Market Forces. It’s awesome, a lot of people didn’t get that it was a satire. Banging ending.
                          Ne Obliviscaris

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
                            Have you read Blackman (Thirteen in the states)? he has a pretty choice dig at America’s religious mid west in that one.

                            Good shout on Market Forces. It’s awesome, a lot of people didn’t get that it was a satire. Banging ending.
                            Absolutely read and enjoyed Thirteen. And yeah, Market Forces blew my mind. The ending was more true to how people behave in real life than I was ready for.

                            Comment


                              Spoiler:
                              I KNEW they couldn't kill Mr. Kaplan that easy... fucking hell, can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans she gets up to.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                              Comment


                                Ozark
                                go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X