X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Types of round kicks

Here you go:

Please note the following correction:
    the first 2 kicks, the names are mixed up.
    The first kick is a "typical" karate round house kick
    The second is a "typical" kyokushin round kick.

Comment

Reminds me of a book I saw at the Hastings here I want to pick up. It's on grappling and shows the same basic throws and locks as done by typical Aikido, Judo, Wrestling , and a chinese art whose name I don't recall. I'll post something on it whne I get it and read it.
      "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
      -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
      -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
      -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
      -Don Gwinn

Comment

ok, is the first set of pictures out of order?
        "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

I'm too stupid to notice the big difference beyond the MT getting deeper in the kick
          "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Comment

I only know of two different round kicks, the first being the "snap" round kick where the knee comes up straight and then the hips turn to make the leg turn over and snap the kick out (popular in point sparring); the second being the "power" round kick where you turn your hips over at the beginning bringing your thigh around to point at your target and then whipping out your leg as you finish the torque of your hips. The second one is the one I do in karate which seems similar to a MT style kick, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

The "snap" kick has less body movement and less body weight behind it.
              The Kyokushin kick is a combination of the MT and Karate one.
              It is suppose to have the power of the MT and the speed of the karate.
              The TKD one from the WTF is similar to the MT one, but the ITF is more like the Karate one, but in some schools, more like the Kyokushin one.

Comment

There is a full website with a detailed explanation of the differences as well as that diagram. I will post it later tonight (around 9PM EST).

Anyone who doesn't want to wait can go digging around on KyokushinMail.
                Originally posted by The Wastrel
                I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

thanks, I'm curious to know which one I do, because it's all kind of confusing

Comment

Aim for a target, raise your knee as high as you can, smash through target with foot, go though victims pockets and wallet, call cab and go home or nearest rub-n-tug.

Comment

Remember to look at the body/hand movements too guys...torquing the body changes things.
                      Regards,
                      CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                      One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                      Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

that's true, those pictures show the lead hand swinging away from the kick where we try to keep our hands out in front to block

Comment

Yeah. Note how TKD tends to keep the hands in tighter and more forward as well?

The MT style of swinging the arm is something I'm still trying to get a handle on personally...I find it very hard to do that and still get my hands up in time to avoid being nailed in the head.

I'm curious how "karate" can be one of those classifications when Kyukoshin IS a karate style...and I know several karate styles kick differently. That should really be Shotokan, no?
                          Regards,
                          CrimsonTiger

Comment

Rear hand protects your face.

And from that pic I'd say his right hand should be farther forward to do just that. The left hand should be back near his ass somewhere. That would solve that problem of your CT.
                            Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean Omar, but ultimately one hand cannot guard both sides of your head...and some of the smaller guys I spar are FAST!
                              Regards,
                              CrimsonTiger

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X